You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Kruntski

WG Asia not supporting global community?

23 comments in this topic

Alpha Tester
28 posts

I play on Asia because of ping and timezone but follow the game on global communities.  A lot of English speaking players from Asia server follow this game on redit and YouTube, as do many players from the other servers.   I've noticed when they have giveaways and contests that EU and NA players are eligible but not Asia players.    Why is this?  Why no love for players from the Asia server.

[BLUMR]
1,134 posts
1,377 battles

Most giveaways are normally tied in with a regional event e.g PAX Prime for the NA region and GamesCon for EU to name a few. Their launch stream event giveaways were Global I believe.

PAX AUS is gonna start around this time next month so there will probs be an event/giveaway for SEA.

Lastly, Community Contributors also giveaway a fair amount stuff on their streams/videos/social media, its just so happens that most of the "Big Names" are from NA and EU.

Edited by Chawp

Super Tester
532 posts
1,052 battles

How many of the Contributors from Asia can you mention? How many of them have over 10K subs?

I would love to do a giveaway, but I'm still an irrelevant channel.

Edited by ExESGO

Super Tester
2,725 posts

I play on Asia because of ping and timezone but follow the game on global communities.  A lot of English speaking players from Asia server follow this game on redit and YouTube, as do many players from the other servers.   I've noticed when they have giveaways and contests that EU and NA players are eligible but not Asia players.    Why is this?  Why no love for players from the Asia server.

Don't forget bonus code, the recent bonus code from Tokyo Game Show was exclusive to Asia server. As much like the game code from Gamescom was exclusive to EU & NA.

Beta Tester
2,083 posts
5,169 battles

Don't forget bonus code, the recent bonus code from Tokyo Game Show was exclusive to Asia server. As much like the game code from Gamescom was exclusive to EU & NA.

where?

1,923 posts
4,018 battles

One code unlocks a mission in WoT. Another was yesterday that give you 7 days prem account time.

Which was a limited code and we all missed it out.....
Edited by davud1537

Super Tester
2,725 posts

Which was a limited code and we all missed it out.....

Unfortunately, it's the end of unlimited use of code.

Back in 2012, the code was unlimited & mostly gold. 2013, few codes are limited.

So yeah, don't expect unlimited code anymore right now. It's "first come, first serve"-basis.

Alpha Tester
512 posts
308 battles

Most giveaways are normally tied in with a regional event e.g PAX Prime for the NA region and GamesCon for EU to name a few. Their launch stream event giveaways were Global I believe.

PAX AUS is gonna start around this time next month so there will probs be an event/giveaway for SEA.

Nope, other servers get more stuff, this was proven years ago for wot, and is pretty clear right now for boats too.

How many premium ships has WG Asia given away for the launch, compared to other servers? The answer, is of course, none.

Beta Tester
2,718 posts
1,988 battles

Nope, other servers get more stuff, this was proven years ago for wot, and is pretty clear right now for boats too.

How many premium ships has WG Asia given away for the launch, compared to other servers? The answer, is of course, none.

:great:

:popcorn:

Alpha Tester
392 posts

GamesCom and PaxPrime gave out tons of bonus codes for the Diana & Marblehead, while Tirpitz was given out during the launch stream. So far, TGS's bonus code is only premium time, while Diana + T-15 is an invite code, and both have limited use.

Look how many Marblehead codes one visitor got at PaxPrime.

8Mxm4Fk.jpg

Edited by Nikolaevna

Alpha Tester
2,150 posts
486 battles

I tried to contest some moderator action against me.

Told to go to support.

Support told me to go to the 'forum admin'.

No such creature exists.

Went back to the mod, and they told me "we were told to send people to support".

In other words, moderators themselves don't even know how to allow people to contest their decisions.

Go to the EU forum. You can see all the earlier forum stuff from CBT in an easily located archive. What happened on this server? It was all deleted AFAIK.

That's a measure of how organised this server is right now.

Whether it has/will change is another matter.

Edited by Steeltrap

Beta Tester
2,718 posts
1,988 battles

You know, I would HOPE to attend one of these events, but I am not dumb enough to fly to Australia or Whatever they are holding stuff.

Which mean I am screwed. Whatever.

Edited by Alvin1020

Alpha Tester
512 posts
308 battles

You know, I would HOPE to attend one of these events, but I am not dumb enough to fly to Australia or Whatever they are holding stuff.

Which mean I am screwed. Whatever.

Don't worry, they'll probably give those who turn up a sticker or something and send them on their way.

This is WG Asia, after all.

Beta Tester
2,718 posts
1,988 battles

Don't worry, they'll probably give those who turn up a sticker or something and send them on their way.

This is WG Asia, after all.

AiWLDcA.jpg

WG Asia, Y U so silly.

Alpha Tester
1,637 posts
7,230 battles

IOW, we missed it.

Well, we can't all get it, can we?

I counted about 23 peeps who got it, they all would have passed it on to their friends,clans etc.

You just have to be lucky and be in the right place and the right time.

BTW it was only a weeks prem, hardly a fortune, but better than nothing, i suppose.