Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
D3athW4ltz

Ishizuchi IS Underpower (Need Buff)

32 comments in this topic

14 posts
2,036 battles

I Think Ishizuchi IS UNDERPOWER

Because This ship is

-Short range Than All Other Cruiser @12.82Km (Furutaka,Omaha,Murmansk,Pheonix,Tenryu)

-USELESS AA (That Shot Every 5Sec @2Km)

-Smallest Gun Than Other BB

-Armor Is Lower Than Average (I Got Detonation 30 Angle From 152mm Guns On Murmansk @11Km )

-Dont Have A Torpedoes Bulge

Other Player Said : That's A BC(Battlecruiser) You dont get it?

I think :  I Know:( But BC Is short range than other cruiser,useless AA, That Can call it's A BC?,I think the BC IS Between BB-CA/CL

Just Like

-Smaller Gun Than BB

-Have A Long Firing Range Than CA/CL ,But Lower if Compare to BB

-Great Manueable Than BB,But Lower if compare to CA/CL

-Great AA Than BB ,But Lower if compare to CA/CL

I think It need a little buff Like This :izmena:

-Add Some range (Think 13.5-14Km that's fine range).

-Add Some Machine gun AA (AA point Around 10-15 not 8 and can shoot only 1 hit every 5sec).

Or Some Thicker Armor/Torpedo Bulge.

Thanks For reading/leaving comment. :honoring: (Sry My English i'snt very good:()

This Some Picture In best match I playing :

1.jpg

2.jpg

My Ship Stats :

Ishizuchi.jpg

Yes,I'm a little below the Average Skill play in this game , But i Just loving this game!!!

1.jpg

2.jpg

Ishizuchi.jpg

Beta Tester
2,040 posts
1,326 battles

I Think Ishizuchi IS UNDERPOWER

Because This ship is

-Short range Than All Other Cruiser @12.82Km (Furutaka,Omaha,Murmansk,Pheonix,Tenryu)

-USELESS AA (That Shot Every 5Sec @2Km)

-Smallest Gun Than Other BB

-Armor Is Lower Than Average (I Got Detonation 30 Angle From 152mm Guns On Murmansk @11Km )

-Dont Have A Torpedoes Bulge

Other Player Said : That's A BC(Battlecruiser) You dont get it?

I think :  I Know:( But BC Is short range than other cruiser,useless AA, That Can call it's A BC?,I think the BC IS Between BB-CA/CL

Just Like

-Smaller Gun Than BB

-Have A Long Firing Range Than CA/CL ,But Lower if Compare to BB

-Great Manueable Than BB,But Lower if compare to CA/CL

-Great AA Than BB ,But Lower if compare to CA/CL

I think It need a little buff Like This :izmena:

-Add Some range (Think 13.5-14Km that's fine range).

-Add Some Machine gun AA (AA point Around 10-15 not 8 and can shoot only 1 hit every 5sec).

Or Some Thicker Armor/Torpedo Bulge.

- The range might be short, but due to BB dispersion you shouldn't engage targets above 13km if you can't help it anyway. The main problem though, is the ship's surface detectability range which means you'll be spotted before you can open fire. In similar case, the New Mexico and Warspite despite having substantially inferior range managed to do well, because they can remain undetected until they can open fire.

- Useless AA, well... What other ships at tier 4 that doesn't have useless AA? Sure the Wyoming, Myogi and Hosho has some decent AA, but you can deal with it as tier4 CV isn't as devastating.

- Actually, her guns are of same caliber with most other BB. The only ships that outmatch her caliber are Myogi (who has ALOT LESS guns), Kongo and New York (although they are tier5 so the comparison isn't fair). Do note that the Ishizuchi actually has quite good HE charge for her gun caliber, so consider using that when shooting that angled BB (since your AP won't go through other BB's front).

- Her having weak armor is understandable, she's a BattleCruiser afterall, and not a proper Battleship. Her armor is comparable to the Myogi, albeit a bit less. If you know how to angle your armor against any ship with less than 356mm caliber guns, then you are fine.

- Well...are you sure this ship doesn't have anti-torpedo bulges? How effective do you think anti-torpedo bulges on other tier4 ships are?

About buffs though:

- Extra gun range is nice, although I prefer having better concealment. I mean, the ship is mostly flat, why the hell does she get same detectability rating as a Kongo with huge *** Pagoda mast? The Ishizuchi is as low if not lower than the Wyoming, why does the Wyoming has much better concealment is puzzling me.

- I think the ship is fine without any AA. Having weak AA is not much different than having no AA.

- Adding armor is not possible. The ship was modelled based on her real life design blueprint, you can't change that unless it's urgently needed (although in this case, it's not). The Maus/E100 are some of the few exceptions who desperately needed armor buff.

14 posts
2,036 battles

- The range might be short, but due to BB dispersion you shouldn't engage targets above 13km if you can't help it anyway. The main problem though, is the ship's surface detectability range which means you'll be spotted before you can open fire. In similar case, the New Mexico and Warspite despite having substantially inferior range managed to do well, because they can remain undetected until they can open fire.

- Useless AA, well... What other ships at tier 4 that doesn't have useless AA? Sure the Wyoming, Myogi and Hosho has some decent AA, but you can deal with it as tier4 CV isn't as devastating.

- Actually, her guns are of same caliber with most other BB. The only ships that outmatch her caliber are Myogi (who has ALOT LESS guns), Kongo and New York (although they are tier5 so the comparison isn't fair). Do note that the Ishizuchi actually has quite good HE charge for her gun caliber, so consider using that when shooting that angled BB (since your AP won't go through other BB's front).

- Her having weak armor is understandable, she's a BattleCruiser afterall, and not a proper Battleship. Her armor is comparable to the Myogi, albeit a bit less. If you know how to angle your armor against any ship with less than 356mm caliber guns, then you are fine.

- Well...are you sure this ship doesn't have anti-torpedo bulges? How effective do you think anti-torpedo bulges on other tier4 ships are?

About buffs though:

- Extra gun range is nice, although I prefer having better concealment. I mean, the ship is mostly flat, why the hell does she get same detectability rating as a Kongo with huge *** Pagoda mast? The Ishizuchi is as low if not lower than the Wyoming, why does the Wyoming has much better concealment is puzzling me.

- I think the ship is fine without any AA. Having weak AA is not much different than having no AA.

- Adding armor is not possible. The ship was modelled based on her real life design blueprint, you can't change that unless it's urgently needed (although in this case, it's not). The Maus/E100 are some of the few exceptions who desperately needed armor buff.

Concealment is a problem like you said!!! :teethhappy:

*Edit Wrong emotion

Edited by D3athW4ltz

Beta Tester
506 posts
1,386 battles

Ishizuchi is alright. I just aim at cruisers instead of BB since Ishizuchi' guns have horrible penetration against same tier BB.

Beta Tester
2,040 posts
1,326 battles

I have only one thing to say "Arkansas". :hiding:

If I remember it right, the Arkansas has that tier9 reload improvement equipment right? (already sold mine). If so then I'd call that thing OP.

26 sec reload + 12 guns + good armor = FREEDOM!!!

I don't really care much about AA as much as I do previously honestly, at tier4 atleast.

The Arkansas also has good concealment, just as far as her guns can reach (14km) so it's not really a problem.

Erm, 1st it's prem, it's not really good

2nd BINGO

That argument of prem ships being inferior to regular ship don't apply nearly as much in this game in comparison to WoT.

Most prem ships here perform just as good as regular ones, if not better in some cases.

Cuz WG RU.

Ofcourse there might still be some bad apples in the bunch, this thing is close to being one. I'm still gonna buy her though.

Also, Bingo isn't valid if you are the only one who Bingo. :hiding:

Edited by Gezeiten_Heimatwelt

Beta Tester
2,718 posts
1,988 battles

If I remember it right, the Arkansas has that tier9 reload improvement equipment right? (already sold mine). If so then I'd call that thing OP.

26 sec reload + 12 guns + good armor = FREEDOM!!!

I don't really care much about AA as much as I do previously honestly, at tier4 atleast.

The Arkansas also has good concealment, just as far as her guns can reach (14km) so it's not really a problem.

Firstly, Not everyone can afford that Ultra Expensive Reload thing.

Secondly it decreases your turret turn time - which is not really good after the nerf (45->60 - completely unnecessary BTW.) - and you nerf it further....?

You don't care about AA, but enemy CV be like party time. Everyone know the Arkansas had No AA by now, and considering you are slow, Extremely sluggish and probably won't catch up with anyone for some AA cover, Good Luck and hope the enemy CV is "Underwhelming".

178 posts
3,793 battles

It's a prototype battle cruiser so it's not meant the be the best thing ever.  Battle cruisers were developed due to a misunderstanding of tactics.  They get hit in the wrong spot, they blow up.  HMS Invincible and HMS Hood are two good examples.  6 survived Invincible out of a crew of 1026 and 3 from Hood with a crew of 1418.

459 posts
8,260 battles

I don't think the Ishizuchi is bad at all for it's tier. I think it's much better than the myogi even though that has bigger guns.

If you compare it to the wyoming it has better range than the wyoming does stock, less armour (like the kongo and myogi), much more speed, faster turret turn time, better HE ammo and 1 less turret

It's actually fairly balanced with the wyoming in many ways.

As others have stated, armour angling is important. But choosing the right engagement will also make or break your day. Cruisers in range are good fodder, but you ought to avoid slugging fests with another battleship except perhaps the myogi or t3 ones.

I had a reasonable battle using my speed to harass and sink cruisers whilst avoiding other battleships the other day. The only thing I really agree needs a buff is the concealment as that is just a bit ridiculous.

Beta Tester
434 posts
3,179 battles

It's a prototype battle cruiser so it's not meant the be the best thing ever.  Battle cruisers were developed due to a misunderstanding of tactics.  They get hit in the wrong spot, they blow up.  HMS Invincible and HMS Hood are two good examples.  6 survived Invincible out of a crew of 1026 and 3 from Hood with a crew of 1418.

That is a myth.

The poor handling of cordite in the British ships contributed to the explosions that sunk the BC's at Jutland. If the cordite was handled/stored like in the German ships, the likelihood of an explosion is greatly diminished.

About HMS Hood - check out Bill Jurens commentary on the theories floating around about her sinking:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/HMS_Hood_(51)#Modern_theories_on_the_sinking

The myth of the fragile BC's is more complicated than simply saying their armour was the cause.

Tee

14 posts
2,036 battles

I don't think the Ishizuchi is bad at all for it's tier. I think it's much better than the myogi even though that has bigger guns.

If you compare it to the wyoming it has better range than the wyoming does stock, less armour (like the kongo and myogi), much more speed, faster turret turn time, better HE ammo and 1 less turret

It's actually fairly balanced with the wyoming in many ways.

As others have stated, armour angling is important. But choosing the right engagement will also make or break your day. Cruisers in range are good fodder, but you ought to avoid slugging fests with another battleship except perhaps the myogi or t3 ones.

I had a reasonable battle using my speed to harass and sink cruisers whilst avoiding other battleships the other day. The only thing I really agree needs a buff is the concealment as that is just a bit ridiculous.

That's A Stock Wyoming...:sceptic: And Not Only Stock Ships I'm engage

In Real Playing :( We Engage With Tier 4-5 BB and All Of Other BB have a Better Range,Better Caliber,Better AA,Better Armor Or Concealment....

Even Cruiser In tier 4-5 All of Cruiser Can Outrange you and Shoot HE to you like a XP pinata:playing:

And A Big Problem Is "CV"  :trollface:Whos Know How To Devastating With Torpedoes Bomber,Because A Useless AA (Firing 1 Every 5sec @2Km)

You can't Stick With The AA Cover in Fleet because all Of Ships in tier Are Slightly Far Away When you try to join a fleet......

Average Speed Is 30 knt and 27.9 is a Ishizuchi speed

Ishizuchi Vulnerable IS TOO MUCH When Compare To Other ships,I think.

That's premium for you :trollface:

Premium ship tend to be worst in it tier .... it just there to make credit and train crew .... 

:D You Cant Train A crew or make credits,because The End is Defeat And Cant Make A lot of credits or Crew XP.....

Also need other comment!!!

Thanks For Reading/Leaving Comments

:honoring:

178 posts
3,793 battles

They have weak deck armour Tee.  Plunging fire is a killer.  But the Royal Navy gun crews in order to fire faster by passed the safety features by propping open the blast doors on the elevators for the charge bags and projectiles.  When they did get hit the penetration was enough that it hit the cordite bags being poorly stored and flames roared down these open elevators and set off the cordite.  The Germans didn't by pass the safety features and they survived very well. Sacrificing armour for speed does come at a cost.  Hood was redesigned to over come the short comings of BC's at Jutland. She got better deck armour. Also sheer luck of a well placed shot comes into it.  Poor Hood got out of luck with such a hit but they were trying to get her out of the plunging fire range.

The other issue is the over confidence of the captain.  BC's were very large to fit all the boilers in so they could get the speed.  You might be the size of a BB but you're not as tough.

459 posts
8,260 battles

Some of that is just plain false DeathWaltz.

The only two stats the wyoming has over the ishizuchi even completely upgraded are the range (by about 1K and a bit), slightly better armour (similar difference to myogi), and a smaller turning circle. The ishizuchi still is faster, turns it's guns faster, better rudder shift, better HE ammo and more HP.

Compared to the myogi, well it's a bit slower, but basically the same armour and HP. The ishizuchi has more guns that turn faster but are shorter range. To me it plays better than the myogi does in many ways.

comparing it (or the other t4 bbs) to the t5 kongo or new york is silly as they pwn all the t4 bbs and cruisers. Expect them to wreck the ishizuchi.

The omaha doesn't seem to out-range it (upgraded) according to warship stats, but from memory it may do, but only by a small margin. The phoenix does outrange it, but again not by much (less than 1K).

I'd suggest you try changing your play style with it... I've had some success, so it should be possible for you. Remember not to go toe to toe with ships than can wreck you (like the kongo) go find some nice juicy cruisers instead, but not at range, use some cover to get closer to them but not too close.

Also I believe HMS Hood only had part of her deck armour upgrade complete before Bismark sank her. The plan for the upgrade had been made, but she had been in service so much only some of it happened. Unfortunately the lucky shot hit a part that wasn't upgraded, and from what little I could tell from documentation it actually hit the magazine. There's a documentary on youtube about it I think go look that up. I think they explored the wreck to find out what sank her.

Beta Tester
434 posts
3,179 battles

They have weak deck armour Tee.  Plunging fire is a killer.  But the Royal Navy gun crews in order to fire faster by passed the safety features by propping open the blast doors on the elevators for the charge bags and projectiles.  When they did get hit the penetration was enough that it hit the cordite bags being poorly stored and flames roared down these open elevators and set off the cordite.  The Germans didn't by pass the safety features and they survived very well. Sacrificing armour for speed does come at a cost.  Hood was redesigned to over come the short comings of BC's at Jutland. She got better deck armour. Also sheer luck of a well placed shot comes into it.  Poor Hood got out of luck with such a hit but they were trying to get her out of the plunging fire range.

The other issue is the over confidence of the captain.  BC's were very large to fit all the boilers in so they could get the speed.  You might be the size of a BB but you're not as tough.

I know they have weak deck armour but that did not contribute to the explosion. Weak deck and turret armour contributed to shell penetrations but the explosions that sunk the ships was the poor cordite handling.

If they adhered to correct and safe ammo/cordite handling procedures, very like that those BC's wouldn't have sunk like that. Giving time for the crew to abandon ship or perhaps, for the ship to limp away under smoke and cover from friendly ships.

Yes about Hood. It was more likely that if that scenario was able to be replayed a thousand times, that Hood wouldn't have sunk like that. She did though and she has been tarnished ever since.

Tee

14 posts
2,036 battles

Some of that is just plain false DeathWaltz.

The only two stats the wyoming has over the ishizuchi even completely upgraded are the range (by about 1K and a bit), slightly better armour (similar difference to myogi), and a smaller turning circle. The ishizuchi still is faster, turns it's guns faster, better rudder shift, better HE ammo and more HP.

Compared to the myogi, well it's a bit slower, but basically the same armour and HP. The ishizuchi has more guns that turn faster but are shorter range. To me it plays better than the myogi does in many ways.

comparing it (or the other t4 bbs) to the t5 kongo or new york is silly as they pwn all the t4 bbs and cruisers. Expect them to wreck the ishizuchi.

The omaha doesn't seem to out-range it (upgraded) according to warship stats, but from memory it may do, but only by a small margin. The phoenix does outrange it, but again not by much (less than 1K).

I'd suggest you try changing your play style with it... I've had some success, so it should be possible for you. Remember not to go toe to toe with ships than can wreck you (like the kongo) go find some nice juicy cruisers instead, but not at range, use some cover to get closer to them but not too close.

Also I believe HMS Hood only had part of her deck armour upgrade complete before Bismark sank her. The plan for the upgrade had been made, but she had been in service so much only some of it happened. Unfortunately the lucky shot hit a part that wasn't upgraded, and from what little I could tell from documentation it actually hit the magazine. There's a documentary on youtube about it I think go look that up. I think they explored the wreck to find out what sank her.

Thx for Reading And Some tips :honoring:,

I'm just feelling Ishizuchi Is Below From Average In her tier. :( (Just In my opinion)

65 posts
2,362 battles

She's good, if you target cruisers.

Decent reload speed, good pen against cruisers.

Use speed to stay at a good distance eg. 10km

Stay away from DD's and BB's.

Keep speed up at all times- especially against torps and aircraft.

I like her more than the warspite, but she is highly situational. In a BB heavy game she's AP bait.

PS. Hi Admiral_tee! long time no see old boy (HMAS)

Beta Tester
2,040 posts
1,326 battles

Firstly, Not everyone can afford that Ultra Expensive Reload thing.

Secondly it decreases your turret turn time - which is not really good after the nerf (45->60 - completely unnecessary BTW.) - and you nerf it further....?

You don't care about AA, but enemy CV be like party time. Everyone know the Arkansas had No AA by now, and considering you are slow, Extremely sluggish and probably won't catch up with anyone for some AA cover, Good Luck and hope the enemy CV is "Underwhelming".

Firstly: Cost is not a problem. If you can afford tier6 ships and above, why can't you buy that module?

Secondly: I can live with 72 sec turret rotation, why can't you live with 60?

Thirdly: Well AA...I don't care, it's not gonna get any anyway and tier4-5 CV aren't that dangerous unless it's controlled by experienced CV captains (which you are less likely to see since the game population is expanding).

Edited by Gezeiten_Heimatwelt

14 posts
2,036 battles

She's good, if you target cruisers.

Decent reload speed, good pen against cruisers.

Use speed to stay at a good distance eg. 10km

Stay away from DD's and BB's.

Keep speed up at all times- especially against torps and aircraft.

I like her more than the warspite, but she is highly situational. In a BB heavy game she's AP bait.

PS. Hi Admiral_tee! long time no see old boy (HMAS)

Thx for reading and Some tips :honoring:

Feel Like AP/Torp prey Because All Of Enemy BB and CV Aim To My Ishizuchi Like a Pinata :D

They Saids : "Blow that pinata and we got some XP!!!":P

Sign in to follow this