You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
FG_IMONABOAT

Reward for Co-Op battles

42 comments in this topic

350 posts

Sometimes if the server population is low I jump into some co-op battles just for some funtimes and a bit of credit making in Murmansk and practice in the New York (once).

1/ I think that the XP earning potential for such an easy mode (at least at tier 5) is far too high. It allows a semi-skilled player an easy back door to research modules and avoid 'stock-ship' syndrome in randoms. From a business model perspective this would potentially reduce WG's income from those who convert XP to research modules early to minimize some of the pain.

2/ If you die in co-op once you have some experience your account should be locked from random battles until you have completed a number of co-op battles without getting sunk eg die once, stuck in co-op for 10 battles.

The bots are more aggressive than the average player in randoms, but they are completely predictable. Most of the time I don't even shoot until they do their completely unexpected turn, presenting their broadside to me for some juicy citadel action.

Those that state they play mainly in co-op for the fun factor shouldn't be effected by lower XP gain, as they are there for fun anyway and grinding isn't fun, so those clubbers players should be all good regardless.

The only challenge I have experienced in co-op is if you get a decent team, competing for damage is the hardest part. Everything else is easy, ridiculously so.

My 20 cents.

Senior Moderator
3,837 posts
2,602 battles

I preferred WoWP's way of doing PvE. No XP/credits unless you completed certain repeatable PvE missions. Though it makes grinding in PvE very tedious, so I doubt it would be popular.

I haven't played WoWP in many months now, so don't know if they still do it that way.

575 posts
5,354 battles

So in essences, you want to force people to PvP in order to acquire needed XP and credits to get to higher tiers? If that is the case, what is the purpose of having PvE with rewards that are 75% less than what is in PvP? I play Co-op most of the time because I'm tired of the total lack of team play on SEA server(s). At least in PvE there's some modicum of team play. PvE can be a large draw for casual players to this game and great source of money for WG and fun for the players. However, the rewards are geared to force players to play PvP. Rewards for PvE should be 75 - 80% of what you can get in PvP, not this dismal amount. Obsidian realized this for AW and they've made it worth wild now for those who play PvE. WG would do well by doing the same thing, otherwise, they won't be able to lure in casual players who want to experience this game, especially if they are forced to play PvP just to gain higher tiers.

Super Tester
808 posts
1,399 battles

I'm fine with buffing PVE XP and credit rates

But make the bots a threat again as well please, I can't stand people who claim that PVE is "good" in its current state of an elaborate sealclub fest that it is now.

Super Tester
1,634 posts
4,639 battles

Evidently it was harder in Alpha. So WG do have the capacity to increase the difficulty level.

The bots in PVE in Alpha were...more dangerous. Let's just say that.

I think my PVE record was worse than my PVP record during CBT and Alpha.

Beta Tester
2,718 posts
1,988 battles

They need to "Copy" out AW's Mission system. In the form of Historical Battles.

I am quite bored with repeatingly playing admittedly easy-mode and absurd AI (Say they targets DD no matter what once you're spotted) with zero variety to it.

What you said WG don't do copies? What about the Arty rebalance?:D

Edited by Alvin1020

Alpha Tester
392 posts

So in essences, you want to force people to PvP in order to acquire needed XP and credits to get to higher tiers? If that is the case, what is the purpose of having PvE with rewards that are 75% less than what is in PvP? I play Co-op most of the time because I'm tired of the total lack of team play on SEA server(s). At least in PvE there's some modicum of team play. PvE can be a large draw for casual players to this game and great source of money for WG and fun for the players. However, the rewards are geared to force players to play PvP. Rewards for PvE should be 75 - 80% of what you can get in PvP, not this dismal amount. Obsidian realized this for AW and they've made it worth wild now for those who play PvE. WG would do well by doing the same thing, otherwise, they won't be able to lure in casual players who want to experience this game, especially if they are forced to play PvP just to gain higher tiers.

They need to "Copy" out AW's Mission system. In the form of Historical Battles.

I am quite bored with repeatingly playing admittedly easy-mode and absurd AI (Say they targets DD no matter what once you're spotted) with zero variety to it.

What you said WG don't do copies? What about the Arty rebalance?:D

That's why I'm so hyped about Armored Warfare and I'm planning to uninstall WoT to create space for it. They don't have an Asia server yet, but I'm not letting my team down with high ping because it's PvE. I play to drive my favourite tanks and ships, not bother about PvP.
Edited by Nikolaevna

Beta Tester
773 posts
796 battles

Evidently it was harder in Alpha. So WG do have the capacity to increase the difficulty level.

AW's PvE mode has four levels of difficulty and the rewards scale accordingly.  They're still struggling to get the balance right (it's still pre-OBT) but the one thing WG should carefully heed is that AW's PvE is popular amongst players and is explicitly seen by OE as a legitimate alternative to PvP rather than its poor cousin.  Its popularity is such the next update will add another 12 PvE missions as well as further balance tweaks.  There's a lesson there for WG.

Super Tester
509 posts

I would like coop mode to have a story line and interesting objectives that required teamwork =)

Not just deathmatch vs bots. Maybe setup some cool missions based on historical battles!

1,923 posts
4,018 battles

I would like coop mode to have a story line and interesting objectives that required teamwork =)

Not just deathmatch vs bots. Maybe setup some cool missions based on historical battles!

Battle of GuadaCanal.

Beta Tester
760 posts
6,922 battles

Midway

Only CV's will have fun in that battle mode :P

Invasiom of Iwo Jima and Okinawa.

Once again, only CV's played a major role - perhaps BB's with shore bombardment, but no actual ship to ship combat occurred if I recall

I'd say Leyte Gulf, Java Sea, Guaducanal and Aleutian Islands would be great :)

[LBAS]
Super Tester
1,290 posts

The bots in PVE in Alpha were...more dangerous. Let's just say that.

I think my PVE record was worse than my PVP record during CBT and Alpha.

They were more dangerous.

Great to play against and really tested your skills.

But lowering exp and credits just because you only play PvE...........NO.

Not all players want to play against other people.

423 posts
3,175 battles

Make it the missions, implement the experimental gameplay on PvE and if possible, creat up a storyline like the Armored Warfare and Warface PvE stuffs... Not only it would make the game easier to swallow but also retaining a quite a bit amount of players playing for keep.

Besides, make the PvE have a unique reward rather than just exp and credits, let's say, which is only apply to PvE mode. Should be much more fun...

[LBAS]
Super Tester
1,290 posts

Make it the missions, implement the experimental gameplay on PvE and if possible, creat up a storyline like the Armored Warfare and Warface PvE stuffs... Not only it would make the game easier to swallow but also retaining a quite a bit amount of players playing for keep.

Besides, make the PvE have a unique reward rather than just exp and credits, let's say, which is only apply to PvE mode. Should be much more fun...

I agree, but you still require the exp and credits to grind in PvE mode.

As I said before, not all players want to play the game against other people.

I think of PvE as the single player campaign of WoWs.

Alpha Tester
392 posts

I play WoWS to sail in my favourite ships, not for PvP. Only playing random battles for the daily missions but beyond that I couldn't care less about that mode. I'm expecting WG to gradually improve on co-op mode like Armored Warfare (e.g. secondary objectives, land-based bombers, bosses), but for what it's worth I'm happy that we already have PvE to start with.