You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Vyviel

Reddit Contest for Marbleheads

90 comments in this topic

Super Tester
509 posts

EDIT: To clarify, NA and EU for sure. If you're SEA and would like to enter, please do as well and I'll try my best to get in touch with you CMs for prizing. No promises though.

Worth a try guys since he will contact the CMs on our server also and its a reasonably decent ship for a fun contest =)

Also here is the full text.

Alright. Let's have some fun. 'Marbleheads Will Roll' All Day Tomorrow. (self.WorldOfWarships)

submitted 12 hours ago* by also_robots

Okay folks, For the next 24 hours, (7pm PST Saturday comments will close), let's test everyone's musical creativity. Comment on this thread and replace a word in a song with a Warship (like Dirty Diana, Benson Caught Stealing, etc.) and you'll win a Marblehead.

Most upvoted selection will win a Tirpitz. Post your suggestions out to Twitter using #WarshipASong and another winner who posts will be randomly selected to win a Tirpitz. READY. SET. GO.

EDIT: To clarify, NA and EU for sure. If you're SEA and would like to enter, please do as well and I'll try my best to get in touch with you CMs for prizing. No promises though.

Also, if you're going to create a new account specifically to comment on this thread, you better make your lyrics really good.

Looks like 12 hrs left from now.

Edited by Vyviel

Super Tester
1,397 posts
13,408 battles

Worth a try guys since he will contact the CMs on our server also and its a reasonably decent ship for a fun contest =)

all of our servers are busy right now

please try again in a minute

(error code: 503)

lol okie

Super Tester
509 posts

Lol well that's fine since the contest is just to find a song and replace a word in it with a ships name and everyone wins a marblehead. Best one wins a Tripz.

2-3 hours left!

Edited by Vyviel

Alpha Tester
28 posts

Do they have Community Managers for the Asia server?   I don't remember seeing anything.

[LLBC]
Super Tester
750 posts
3,314 battles

Do they have Community Managers for the Asia server?   I don't remember seeing anything.

Conan-sama is the CM for ASIA

It's nice to see the NA CMs reaching out to ASIA and trying to include us in some their giveaways.

I thought Gunlion was a good but ever since he and KMaus were sent to the Siberian gulags, the NA forums have come a long way under Nyx and also_robots

Edited by Gunduck

Alpha Tester
392 posts

Lol well that's fine since the contest is just to find a song and replace a word in it with a ships name and everyone wins a marblehead. Best one wins a Tripz.

2-3 hours left!

Uh, 'wins a Marblehead' or 'will have a chance to win a Marblehead'? Last I saw there were over 200 entries and it's hard to believe that WG would give away that many premiums, unless they don't mind seeing swarms of Marbleheads in battle.

Super Tester
509 posts

Every legit entry wins one. NA and EU have been giving away tons of Marbleheads. Time is now up for the contest.

Was the wording they used confusing?

"Comment on this thread and replace a word in a song with a Warship (like Dirty Diana, Benson Caught Stealing, etc.) and you'll win a Marblehead."

Edited by Vyviel

Beta Tester
2,083 posts
5,169 battles

why there's not enough love for ASIAN server? in this past few days, they are giving away lots tirpitz and other ship on EU and NA server but no a single tirpitz on ASIAN server. :sceptic:

[LLBC]
Super Tester
750 posts
3,314 battles

Uh, 'wins a Marblehead' or 'will have a chance to win a Marblehead'? Last I saw there were over 200 entries and it's hard to believe that WG would give away that many premiums, unless they don't mind seeing swarms of Marbleheads in battle.

During PAXPrime, Nyx gave out 2406 Marbleheads through the forums alone (ie. not including those handed out at the actual event) so I don't think another 700 or so should be a problem for them :teethhappy:
Edited by Gunduck

Super Tester
509 posts

During PAXPrime, Nyx gave out 2406 Marbleheads through the forums alone (ie. not including those handed out at the actual event) so I don't think another 700 or so should be a problem for them :teethhappy:

Lol yeah its basically a freebie ship by now they have given away thousands.

Alpha Tester
392 posts

Every legit entry wins one. NA and EU have been giving away tons of Marbleheads. Time is now up for the contest.

Was the wording they used confusing?

"Comment on this thread and replace a word in a song with a Warship (like Dirty Diana, Benson Caught Stealing, etc.) and you'll win a Marblehead."

No way it's that easy. Have you received anything yet? 

Edited by Nikolaevna

Super Tester
509 posts

Give also_robots time he has over 500 competition entries to process =P

Then for SEA he has to get in contact with our CM team and get it organised.

Edited by Vyviel

44 posts
2,858 battles

I'm not creative for this so I just copied a song which just so happened to have a warship name already. Would've used MJ's Dirty Diana if they didn't mention it.

Heh, first thing that came to mind for me was "Iowa" by Slipknot.

Alpha Tester
392 posts

https://www.reddit.com/r/WorldOfWarships/comments/3lts11/marblehead_contest_winners/

Here is an update. Looks like its all done now he will try contact the SEA community team to organise prize distribution to people who entered from here.

Well whether we do get the Marblehead or not, you have to give credit to also_robots for his efforts in helping all three regions and not just NA.

Heh, first thing that came to mind for me was "Iowa" by Slipknot.

That's what worries me. Just hope that such lyrics still count.

Super Tester
509 posts

Yeah also_robots is a super cool guy. Dont forget to add your username and server to the entry you made in that original thread so they know who to give the Marblehead to.

[LLBC]
Super Tester
750 posts
3,314 battles

Well whether we do get the Marblehead or not, you have to give credit to also_robots for his efforts in helping all three regions and not just NA.

Agreed. much respect to also_robots

oVlnsY6.gif

Super Tester
509 posts

Updates Updates Updates Working on getting all of the Marblehead stuff taken care of right now. If you went back and put you in game name in the thread (and are in NA), you should have your Marblehead now! I sent off the Marblehead EU codes to their CM, so if you're EU, you should have them in the next 48 hours. Reaching out to SEA tomorrow!

Diana contest I'm going to try to get up tonight. Will add details shortly.

Thanks for being so patient! Had to go over to IGN this morning to do a

so I was out most of the day, so I'm ordering pizza, throwing on Doctor Who, and continuing to get prizing stuff done for you all night long!

Fingers crossed he manages to get in touch with our community team tomorrow! Are they all still in Tokyo? (lucky guys!)

Edited by Vyviel