You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
paindude

Loving leaving WoT to go to warships

24 comments in this topic

22 posts
3,308 battles

I must say. having taken a break from tanks for 6 months and then coming back and playing ships is so refreshing.

The rude players and silly stressed out blokes really made tanks unenjoyable.

I dont know what it is, maybe it`s the water, but ships tends to be a great place with respectful people (the occasional "snickers" player still pop in)

Anyways, loving the game...... but the forum stays the same:teethhappy:

Super Tester
1,634 posts
4,639 battles

Glad that you have done that. Welcome to Wowships.

For me, World of Tanks has no new content. It becomes stale, and with games like this, leaving it temporarily is a lot easier than normal.

Beta Tester
2,718 posts
1,988 battles

Huh, I genuinely find both games equally frustrating.

Playerbase here is less aggressive and not as underwhelming to say the least, thats for sure.

51 posts
504 battles

I finally decided to take a look at this game not that long ago. I am fast becoming to enjoy this more and look forward to playing it after work. I cant remember the last time I REALLY looked forward to playing my tonks. Hence now I rarely do.

[SIF]
Super Tester
3,830 posts
4,110 battles

I really like the playerbase here too, my only gripe is that you cant mute the very few toxic people.

And welcome to the navy son.

Huzzah!!  Someone used toxic. (That should have been on the bingo card, but wasn't.)

Paindude.  You will find it different and somewhat refreshing.   Don't treat it like tanks and don't expect the same tactics to work.   You will still encounter the same things to some degree that frustrates you with tanks, but in the end it is not the game itself, but the other factors that cause the frustration.

I

195 posts
356 battles

r1zp5x.jpg

How true... How true.

Anyway; hasn't about 1/3+ of the WOWS player base come from WOT?  I know I did (as WOT is losing steam with the new tenk game, and World of Warships).

Alpha Tester
392 posts

I'm playing WoT only for the gold missions which I can spend here when accounts are unified. Other than that it has been very disappointing. They did add rampage mode which actually got me excited again. I don't know why really, I guess grabbing the flag and taking it to a capture zone or protecting it is so much more enjoyable than random battles. But after they removed it only a few days ago for no apparent reason, I decided to come back here. What really bores me about WoT is the lack of PvE content. I'm not saying that WoT should copy Armored Warfare's version of PvE with mission objectives, just a simple co-op mode like what we currently have in WoWS. Random battles has gotten old, and so has WoT. The upcoming Czech tree also failed to rekindle my interest in tanks.

1,054 posts
3,918 battles

Welcome to ships....from commander to admiral. I also have retired from the mayhem chaos that is WOT and feeling I have regain my sanity. Though you will find much raging here as well.

Beta Tester
39 posts
2,123 battles

I must say. having taken a break from tanks for 6 months and then coming back and playing ships is so refreshing.

I dont know what it is, maybe it`s the water, but ships tends to be a great place with respectful people (the occasional "snickers" player still pop in)

I do love the game. I had a good period in WoT for many years but it is nice to do something different. :)

22 posts
3,308 battles

the only real bummer is a lack of "team battles" like TC det etc. but the lack of clans is prob the most refreshing thing lol. no BS tension

Beta Tester
256 posts
4,180 battles

Mothballed my tanks a long time ago. Also mothballed my gold there as I was told I would be able to spend it on ships. Umm, live release is here and the ship store still seems to want a different currency. Sure I can piddle it away on "premium" for both titles, of which I now only play one but... well, I'm really already bored stiff with what's here and I'm out of ports. 

Think I'm going to mothball my ships for a while too. I've got 8 days left on my pre-order premium, after that, there's nothing left in this game that draws me to spend more. Yawn, have fun kids. It's the most undesirable (rats) that know to get off the sinking ship first.

Now to find that cheese to go with my wine.

I'll keep an eye on my account. If they ever decide to uphold their promise, I may be back. If not, I don't think any of you will give a crap one way or the other.

1,923 posts
4,018 battles

I don't know if this is a right place, but when will wows have mobile application? I mean not the game it self, but like a place for any news, events and stuff....

Sorry if my english is bad :)

No idea but 1 thing i do know i quit the Armoured Battlation and joined the Fleet of Warships. 

12 posts
365 battles

Well have been on hiatus myself from the horror that is WOT for mths.. Going to give this WOWS a whirl and see how it goes.. that said, if any decent player would friend me up and guide me a bit (save me from being noobish), i would appreciate it. Thanks.. ><

Beta Tester
2,718 posts
1,988 battles

Well have been on hiatus myself from the horror that is WOT for mths.. Going to give this WOWS a whirl and see how it goes.. that said, if any decent player would friend me up and guide me a bit (save me from being noobish), i would appreciate it. Thanks.. ><

You do know there's a place like this, don't you? :)
Edited by Alvin1020

Beta Tester
682 posts
4,757 battles

I played WoT for years, have 40K+ battle and now I feel like the game getting worse and worse ......

Now I just play WoT when they have mission that give you premium day ..... just to play WoWs with premium account LOL