You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Vyviel

World of Warships - State of the Game at Release

60 comments in this topic

Super Tester
1,634 posts
4,639 battles

When I started in Alpha Weekend, the content was new enough for me. It was (and still is) an amazing game, based in an area of combat that is not often explored (compared to Call of Duty...).

Now though, with the game going live, it feels like the game has advertised itself with nary a whisper. The game, to me, went live with no fanfare, no hype, and no "wow" factor to pull new players in.

Beta Tester
2,083 posts
5,169 battles

wut? "installing the game on SSD will fix the loading issue" so WG is expecting its customers to upgrade their C:\ to SSD to fix simple loading problem?....

Senior Moderator
3,837 posts
2,602 battles

Good old Eldrich makes some valid points, but other is just that he's a baddie.

http://warshipstats.com/eu/player/CloakingDonkey

in comparison to me

http://warshipstats.com/sea/player/ExESGO

Unless you're just showing off your stats, you should share your views on the state of WoWS too :-P

Since you're in the same line of business, you should make your own video commentary as well.

[CLAY]
Alpha Tester
945 posts
5,648 battles

Wonder if anyone from RU WG WoWs has seen this as it makes some really worth while points.

I like the game, but as a DD captain about to head into tier 7 I do worry about the lack of any real upgrades that a waits me. The difference between tier 6 and 7......looks like a rerun of tier 6 but with more cost.

350 posts

Yep, I also expected more marketing, I haven't seen any in my part of the world, a few social fb groups I belong to have a few players from word of mouth, and even those were from a couple of former wot players.

78 posts

Says the 47%.

Death, just be mindful as I'm just pointing this out, 'shrug' - It's been a couple of times now that you brought the WR slur out against someone's else opinion.

Sorry back on topic

Now though, with the game going live, it feels like the game has advertised itself with nary a whisper. The game, to me, went live with no fanfare, no hype, and no "wow" factor to pull new players in.

Agree

350 posts

Wonder if anyone from RU WG WoWs has seen this as it makes some really worth while points.

I like the game, but as a DD captain about to head into tier 7 I do worry about the lack of any real upgrades that a waits me. The difference between tier 6 and 7......looks like a rerun of tier 6 but with more cost.

That depends on which nation you are doing as well.

US DDs from tier 6 to 7 is a downgrade

IJN it's an upgrade

350 posts

Death, just be mindful as I'm just pointing this out, 'shrug' - It's been a couple of times now that you brought the WR slur out against someone's else opinion.

It's ok, many would call it karma.

It would be even better if she actually had a valid point.

Beta Tester
2,718 posts
1,988 battles

Spot on Gameplay and Unique in it's market, but Still Poorly balanced and Some of the Mechanic is still not quite there yet.

And indeed, this game is very very silent for a "Release". No Hype, No (Significant) Special, No Celebration.

They don't quite want people to rush in to the game yet it seems - which indicate they may not really be happy about something in the game. Interesting.

Edited by Alvin1020

724 posts
2,179 battles

The economy is really shit after Tier 7

The ships are so damn expensive,so damn hard to maintain,so damn hard to move up to the next tier.

Beta Tester
2,083 posts
5,169 battles

The economy is really shit after Tier 7

The ships are so damn expensive,so damn hard to maintain,so damn hard to move up to the next tier.

nope, tier 8 is where the hell start. i still make  credits even though i derp a game at tier 7, but you can't afford to do that at tier 8.

Alpha Tester
2,150 posts
486 battles

nope, tier 8 is where the hell start. i still make  credits even though i derp a game at tier 7, but you can't afford to do that at tier 8.

With or without premium? At the rate of profit you make at tier 7, how long would it take to afford a tier 8?

Beta Tester
2,083 posts
5,169 battles

With or without premium? At the rate of profit you make at tier 7, how long would it take to afford a tier 8?

standard account. as you can see i'm a FREEmium user. :teethhappy: i can get an average of 100k or more per game on my myouko and pesicola.

724 posts
2,179 battles

standard account. as you can see i'm a FREEmium user. :teethhappy: i can get an average of 100k or more per game on my myouko and pesicola.

mfw im using the nagato and getting 112k credits no problem but the servicing costs around 70k

[SGC]
Super Tester
1,459 posts
6,811 battles

Sorry back on topic

Agree

If you find this particular WR "Slur" to be disgraceful.

Maybe you should do something about it. 60% WR isnt that hard.

High avg damage is easy to get. You can YOLO and rush to get damage and leave your cap undefended.

Thats pretty much how 80% of Yamato players are doing right now.

You would notice their avg damage are on the high levels (even for tier 10) and yet their win rate is mediocre at best.

Because they dont play to objectives.

So yes. WR means something. You can only blame your team for so long. In all battles you have been there has always been one constant variable. And that is between the screen and the chair.

And on the topic itself? Game isnt ready for release. But in my books, its ready enough I guess. Some problems exists, but then again, WoT hasnt fixed its problems as well.

It's ok, many would call it karma.

It would be even better if she actually had a valid point.

24cxv2o.jpg

Edited by Deathskyz

Alpha Tester
2,150 posts
486 battles

Good old Eldrich makes some valid points

Frankly I think he pretty much nails it. I'll have to confess bias, however, as it's much the same sort of stuff I (and others) have said from as far back as Alpha.

None of this surprises me as WG through WoT convinced me they're average programmers at best and almost negligible as true game DESIGNERS.

And don't get me started on them in assessing any other customer facing business capacity lol.

Edited by Steeltrap

[SGC]
Super Tester
1,459 posts
6,811 battles

Frankly I think he pretty much nails it. I'll have to confess bias, however, as it's much the same sort of stuff I (and others) have said from as far back as Alpha.

Look on the bright side Steeltrap. It could become WoWP