Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
newnar

Does the catapult fighter help spot enemies?

12 comments in this topic

Senior Moderator
3,837 posts
2,602 battles

Yes, but its patrol range is shorter than scouts. If you play destroyers a lot you'll find them to be a major pain in the posterior.

Alpha Tester
54 posts
1,479 battles

Thanks, I was wondering if they would help a cruiser along the narrow middle lane of that map whose name I forgot in a battle with no carriers on either side.

1,923 posts
4,018 battles

when I play DD and try sneak pass CA/CL, their fighter just fly by over my head and say "Ah ha! there you are~~~" and shell start to fly to me from all over the place....

Best joke ever.

Beta Tester
682 posts
4,757 battles

when I play DD and try sneak pass CA/CL, their fighter just fly by over my head and say "Ah ha! there you are~~~" and shell start to fly to me from all over the place....

If you a cruiser .. Ha! got ya  ... if you are DD ... well crap ... smoke time ..... 

Beta Tester
760 posts
6,926 battles

While catapult fighters are more versatile in that they have longer view ranges and able to engage and distract bomber groups, sonar is more consistent and able to work 360 degrees, plus it can't get knocked out/ shot down , fighters orbit and often miss destroyers and torpedoes occasionally as they may be on the opposite ends of the orbit, or can get shot down, but whatever you choose to equip is based on your preference really.

Edited by Blitzkreig95

Beta Tester
682 posts
4,757 battles

While catapult fighters are more versatile in that they have longer view ranges and able to engage and distract bomber groups, sonar is more consistent and able to work 360 degrees, plus it can't get knocked out/ shot down , fighters orbit and often miss destroyers and torpedoes occasionally as they may be on the opposite ends of the orbit, or can get shot down, but whatever you choose to equip is based on your preference really.

can you replace fighther with sonar ?

I think it on the same slot as AA consumable

1,138 posts

... come to think of it.

there's no distance indicator of plane like scout or catapult fighter show is there? all we can see is their icon flying.

we can only estimate our self how far they are by looking mini map... that's kind da bit bothering.

Sign in to follow this