moyzie

when is the mac/apple release

9 comments in this topic

Super Tester
630 posts
9,481 battles

I'm pretty sure they don't have any plans for a macintosh game release, your best bet would be to dual-boot with windows using bootcamp and installing windows on your PC. I'm not sure how the performance would be but that would be your best bet.

195 posts
356 battles

To give you an idea: World of Warplanes hasn't even been added to iOS yet, and that thing was released in about 2012? I can see it having more potential on iOS as it's genre fits into touchscreen mode, at least much more then World of Tanks Blitz does. I would like to see world of Warships in the iOS store because like WOWP it actually fits the touchscreen genre (but unlike WOWP it also fits onto the computer way as well).

2 posts
3,655 battles

I play both WoWs and WoT on an iMac by using bootcamp and booting into windows native.

Depending on what system you have it may be able to run with settings on full (my 27" iMac can).

The other alternative if you don't want to leave OSX would be to use a virtual machine such as VM ware Fusion or Parallels. This allows you to run windows (and windows games) within a window (or full screen) from inside OSX. There are several threads on this in the forums here.

621 posts
2,271 battles

There's a semi-official Mac wineskin wrapper by codeweavers. Google it and you'll find a DL, if it doesn't work you can contact codeweavers to get a fix. Really nice people, I have WoWS working completely fine on my Mac without any crash issues or the like (Does have occasional sound bugs but nothing gamebreaking).

4 posts
219 battles

thank you all for your kind recommendations to buy a real machine, hahahahahaha

"falls on the floor laughing" 

but,

I do build windows machines and have built my own for a long time and for friends.

​but I play on the 27 inch iMac because windows can not even get close to the 104FPS  that I get on a  2012 iMac...... 

rH3XBkS.jpg

Edited by Moyzie

4 posts
219 battles

To give you an idea: World of Warplanes hasn't even been added to iOS yet, and that thing was released in about 2012? I can see it having more potential on iOS as it's genre fits into touchscreen mode, at least much more then World of Tanks Blitz does. I would like to see world of Warships in the iOS store because like WOWP it actually fits the touchscreen genre (but unlike WOWP it also fits onto the computer way as well).

Thank you Shatter I do agree the WOWp would suit the touch screen well.