You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
S4pp3R

Ranked Battles carry thread...

23 comments in this topic

[151ST]
1,011 posts
4,497 battles

So thought I'd start a Ranked Battles carry thread,

Only because I had one of my best Myoko battles to date (see attached) and frankly, it was hectic!!!
Held of an enemy Atlanta and 2 DDs (close range). Without those 3 kills we would have lost due to enemy team have 2 caps and being ahead ~100-200 points.

Citadelled the poor Atlanta really hard... :playing:

Please post carries, I want to see some of the epic stuff everyones done... :popcorn:

[non-prem account]
7v7 allows a lot of solo-carry power, so hop to it!

2015-09-18_00004.jpg

2015-09-18_00005.jpg

2015-09-18_00006.jpg

Beta Tester
317 posts
953 battles

Perhaps not as epic as yours, but it happened earlier this morning. At the start I told my team to cap A and B, Hatsuharu racing to A. Sighted a Myoko trying to cap B, opening salvo from turrets A,B, and X hit home for 2 citadel pens, 2 more salvo from Y and Z finished her, earning a first blood award. The rest of enemy team rushed B, our cruisers try to cap C only to get hit and killed by their BB's. In the end it was me, half health new Mexico, Hatsuharu and full health new Mexico who was hiding behind island and did not contributed anything again for the rest of the matches vs their 2 full heath Fuso and 1 Nagato. Half health New Mexico and me engaging their BB in close range duel, resulting in the sinking of our new Mexico and both their Nagato and Fuso while Hatsuharu capped C. In the end the last enemy Fuso just starting to eat a salvo of torpedoes from our Hatsuharu when the ticket counter reach 800 and the battle ended.

https://www.mediafire.com/?grm9x6gh2sv8g79

2a4pbm0.jpg

34fl3xt.jpgurj1c.jpgwlwwgk.jpg20rw67n.jpg

Edited by Artisto81

[151ST]
1,011 posts
4,497 battles

Try and put your screens in a 'spoiler' tag... (Little document looking icon just left of text alignment on bottom row of tools) it'll make it easier to read and the thread will look cleaner (particularly if people quote)

SERIOUSLY nice damage numbers though! Fuso is nice from what I've heard/played against... Not sure how I out-xp'd you (raw) tbh... Your damage is much better and in a lower tier...

[Edit: clarified xp as raw]

Edited by S4pp3R

1,054 posts
3,918 battles

i am glad to inform you that i will be starting a Ranked Battle FAIL thread.....

:trollface:

anyways....well done. May the MM gods be with you.

[151ST]
1,011 posts
4,497 battles

i am glad to inform you that i will be starting a Ranked Battle FAIL thread.....

:trollface:

anyways....well done. May the MM gods be with you.

If we could div, I would... At least then we can lol-fail or pwn with Myokos...

Beta Tester
317 posts
953 battles

Try and put your screens in a 'spoiler' tag... (Little document looking icon just left of text alignment on bottom row of tools) it'll make it easier to read and the thread will look cleaner (particularly if people quote)

SERIOUSLY nice damage numbers though! Fuso is nice from what I've heard/played against... Not sure how I out-xp'd you (raw) tbh... Your damage is much better and in a lower tier...

[Edit: clarified xp as raw]

You defended more base and kill more ships? :honoring:

1,054 posts
3,918 battles

well well well....seems today MM have shown mercy to me.

3 games 3 wins......with good team mates working together and communicating....

a glimmer of hope.

glimmer.

Beta Tester
120 posts
4,246 battles

They can carry my ass.. I wont participate in this crap.. it;s soo one sided,, and so dependent on luck..  Middle finger up for this crap

A measure of how much crap these battles are.. I was in my Sims DD and got magazined early and my team won.. Gold star!! yay! .. I was in an earlier battle in my Aoba.. and had a couple of torp hits, a sinking of a DD and we lost.. no gold star..  I earned more XP in the loss .. but the win was more important..  yay! for the star.  Even funnier.. twice I got killed.. now I am rank 24.. go me.. failing upwards .. HAHAHA

Edited by Fire_Spy

1,923 posts
4,018 battles

They can carry my ass.. I wont participate in this crap.. it;s soo one sided,, and so dependent on luck..  Middle finger up for this crap

A measure of how much crap these battles are.. I was in my Sims DD and got magazined early and my team won.. Gold star!! yay! .. I was in an earlier battle in my Aoba.. and had a couple of torp hits, a sinking of a DD and we lost.. no gold star..  I earned more XP in the loss .. but the win was more important..  yay! for the star.  

Chill just play other game you can try again next time.

Beta Tester
120 posts
4,246 battles

no.. not chilling.. it's luck based.. you get a good team. and your not in a dd.. GG team.. yay we won!.. up a rank i go.. .. next battle..   oops I got killed because I am in a DD.. and .. yeah they all shot at me..  hey we won.. gg wanked battles.. up a rank I go.,. oh no. this battle I lost because reasons.. down I go.. next one.. I get lucky and we win! yay! up I go..   yes this is so different from normal battles..  If you do the team thing, you die.. 

Edited by Fire_Spy

1,923 posts
4,018 battles

no.. not chilling.. it's luck based.. you get a good team. and your not in a dd.. GG team.. yay we won!.. up a rank i go.. .. next battle..   oops I got killed because I am in a DD.. and .. yeah they all shot at me..  hey we won.. gg wanked battles.. up a rank I go.,. oh no. this battle I lost because reasons.. down I go.. next one.. I get lucky and we win! yay! up I go..   yes this is so different from normal battles..  If you do the team thing, you die.. 

Anyway chill, rank battle were design not play in one day to become level 1 you can play 1 or 2 level per day to enjoy it. If you are still unhappy on this then play the random or co-op battle then.

Beta Tester
120 posts
4,246 battles

Oh.. to be honest.. I am enjoying it..  It's just so random.. I've been a part of several "winning" battles...  My sims is kicking buttocks

damn shame that american DD's guns are soo woefulyl underpowered.. 63  hits for nothing?   really?   yeah..  something is amiss

Edited by Fire_Spy

[151ST]
1,011 posts
4,497 battles

Oh.. to be honest.. I am enjoying it..  It's just so random.. I've been a part of several "winning" battles...  My sims is kicking buttocks

damn shame that american DD's guns are soo woefulyl underpowered.. 63  hits for nothing?   really?   yeah..  something is amiss

The thing I don't get, is that your problem is with bad teams/players if I'm correct...

Ummmmm 7v7, and you can guarantee you are max tier.

That's about as good as it gets. Even if your entire team is hopeless, you have a much better chance of solo-winning against 7 enemy ships that against 12.

I've seen some average ranked battles teams but by and large if you are nice and communicate, they'll play as a team. You just don't get this much in random battles.

Be polite, communicate and try and be positive and your team responds (for the most part) in ranked. Granted there's still that silly Aoba or Mutsuki that does a leeroy jenkins, however at least they were nice enough to go through A and cap it on the way, like I asked...

Beta Tester
317 posts
953 battles

The thing I don't get, is that your problem is with bad teams/players if I'm correct...

Ummmmm 7v7, and you can guarantee you are max tier.

That's about as good as it gets. Even if your entire team is hopeless, you have a much better chance of solo-winning against 7 enemy ships that against 12.

I've seen some average ranked battles teams but by and large if you are nice and communicate, they'll play as a team. You just don't get this much in random battles.

Be polite, communicate and try and be positive and your team responds (for the most part) in ranked. Granted there's still that silly Aoba or Mutsuki that does a leeroy jenkins, however at least they were nice enough to go through A and cap it on the way, like I asked...

Ah I don't know, sometimes they replied in english, sometimes just some random blocks or unintellegible words.....

Beta Tester
317 posts
953 battles

Just had a beautiful game in ranked battle. This is not a carry game, but everyone communicate and work together as a fleet. Rank 22, fault line, both team have 2 destroyer, we have two battleships while enemy have one, but they have Nagato while we only have two tier 6 BBs. They got two cap as our lead DD got blown up by a magazine detonation (poor him), then I avenged him by killing the Myouko with 3 citadel hits. As we haven't have any cap and none seems want to cap then I am going to cap A. Alas, the Nagato appeared, quick angle the armor, angle the armor. Damn, a destroyer appeared too, Pointed the bow to the destroyer but would have to expose my broadside to Nagato. Damn, the DD release torps, no time, I take one hit, flooding. The destroyer run aground, then everyone on my team saves me by focus firing on the destroyer. Luckily, my repair team come off cool down in time. The team then finished the Nagato by focus firing on him. I cap A unnoposed, at the end, there were only 1 enemy Myouko vs 5 of us. Really good team work! I still have hope in the future of humanity!:D

https://www.mediafire.com/?cm8v1t7zeibmycx

t9f7s4.jpg2i8djyu.jpgmifeow.jpg

Beta Tester
682 posts
4,757 battles

Play a few time and feel like ....This mode is funny .... very very funny for me ....

When I do almost nothing, few hit, no cap.... the team win
but when I do like 100 hit 10 citadel 3kill ... team lost ..... 

Beta Tester
93 posts
2,452 battles

Interesting thing ive noticed about ranked battles, the star system seems to embrace this concept.

Ive been in battles where my team lost, but I had a big game - gives me a star. Conversely, in battles where my team won but I had a rubbish game - lost a star.

Didnt think this was publiscised? The literature just said star for win?

1,054 posts
3,918 battles

1st time bringing my newly minted Fuso to a rank battle and this happens :-

7 citadel hits on 2 Nagato's....1959 base xp

shot-15.09.28_18.16.28-0264.jpg

shot-15.09.28_18.16.32-0696.jpg

shot-15.09.28_18.16.39-0682.jpg

Edited by Spawnster

[151ST]
1,011 posts
4,497 battles

1st time bringing my newly minted Fuso to a rank battle and this happens :-