You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
HaplessKiwi

Changing servers

6 comments in this topic

1 post
397 battles

So, I'm sure this is a noob question, but how do I change servers back to NA-or get my progress there changed to the Asia server?

I had to do a fresh install on a new computer, and didn't see an option to set server when I downloaded, finally got it all updated, and can only access the Asia server. Which is, of course, set at new user level...

Beta Tester
2,040 posts
1,326 battles

Make sure to download the game installer from the correct site.

www.worldofwarships.[insert here]

[insert here]:

asia: this server.

com: North America.

eu: self-explanatory.

ru: no idea what business do u have over there.

As for changing account server, nope that's not happening. You have to start a fresh account over at other servers, your progress from this server won't be transferred.

Edited by Gezeiten_Heimatwelt

Alpha Tester
982 posts

Sorry mate, unfortunately Gezeiten is correct. No transfers. Hopefully you didn't spend any real world money on the account you don't want to play.

[LLBC]
Super Tester
750 posts
3,314 battles

I had to do a fresh install on a new computer, and didn't see an option to set server when I downloaded, finally got it all updated, and can only access the Asia server. Which is, of course, set at new user level...

As mentioned above, there is no way to transfer your progress between servers.

Since it sounded like you accidentally downloaded the wrong client when you reinstalled, you have 2 options

1. you can edit the the /res/script_config.xml file to allow you to connect to the NA server

change the line that says

<host addr="login.worldofwarships.jp:20020" alias="WOWS ASIA"/>

to

<host addr="login.worldofwarships.com:20020" alias="WOWS NA"/>

or

2. reinstall with the NA client from here. (preferred option)

Tip: to save downloading the entire client again, make a backup of the /Updates folder before uninstalling the ASIA client. After installing the NA client, close the Launcher and copy the /Updates folder back. After this, reopen up the Launcher and it should recognise the game files are already there and only download the server-specific localisations (approx 100-200MB IIRC)

[POI]
Super Tester
350 posts
3,601 battles

thought I wish WG could make fully universal accounts across all servers one day  

Beta Tester
682 posts
4,757 battles

they seperate the server into diferent website and game too ... so it basicly like NA Asia EU Ru have the game of they own ... it not related to each other.. so you can think of diferent server= different game

so if you want to move from one the another, you have to register ID to that server ...

thought I wish WG could make fully universal accounts across all servers one day  

that will be great but that not gonna happen ... 1 thing that see clearly is different in how USD and Euro and asia money so the price in gold and premium stuff will be different to match player in each country that can effort to buy 

Edited by WindCruiser