Ranked battles - the MOST stupid thing on WoW

78 comments in this topic

62 posts
1,454 battles

tiers 6 and 7 ONLY?  = DUMB

AFKs everywhere?  = DUMB

latest Prems Not T6 or T7 = DUMB

FFS WG wake up!!!

Topic moved to more appropriate location.  Please pay attention to where you are posting and the requirements for some sections of the forums.

~dead_man_walking

Edited by dead_man_walking

[SGC]
Super Tester
1,459 posts
6,806 battles

AFKs everywhere?  = DUMB

FFS WG wake up!!!

Win rate 39%? = [content removed]

General insults. Post edited, user warned.

~amade

Edited by amade

Super Tester
1,634 posts
4,639 battles

He has a valid point. 39% WR and ~9k average damage in random battles for someone who has a respectable amount of high tier games (and the only thing about his account that I can call "respectable") is awful. Are you really that surprised when this translates over to ranked battles, where he has a win rate that is, albeit, still too early to tell, but has a similar average damage to his random battle history?

When you think about his inability to contribute, hence leading to calling things stupid on this topic, is it really that illogical?

Edited by Haku

Super Tester
532 posts
1,052 battles

really.....you always bring the winrate .....sigh.....go back to ur cave.....

We take internet ships very seriously.

Beta Tester
39 posts
2,123 battles

Winrate doesn't mean much on WoWs. You can have the best match ever but depending on the ship you are driving there is less ability to "carry" a game for a lemming team. I just checked own stats and my winrate is steadily decreasing yet my average damage is increasing. I expect this to get worse though now that my games are turning into lag-fests. I've found the results really become skewed in my favour when I confine myself to tier's 3 to 5. Tier 6 and above is brutal and plays havoc with stats.

Edited by Anorax

1,923 posts
4,018 battles

Winrate doesn't mean much on WoWs. You can have the best match ever but depending on the ship you are driving there is less ability to "carry" a game for a lemming team. I just checked own stats and my winrate is steadily decreasing yet my average damage is increasing. I expect this to get worse though now that my games are turning into lag-fests.

No matter how good are you if your team does'nt cooperate then it the fate to lost the game.

[Half of losing=Team too noob, Blueliner, AFK, TK or Leeching]

Edited by davud1537

423 posts
3,175 battles

Winrate is nothing...

Damage rate does...

Battle fought does...

and more seriously, his ranting does...

PERIOD!

Winrate is due to the fact that teammates often annoy you the most (AFKs, TKs, leeching, talks in the squares, etc.)

But the guy JollyGood is not only have so little battle fought (164) but also horribly possess of the highest amount of ranting threat...

Edited by jchen8792

[151ST]
1,013 posts
4,521 battles

AFKs everywhere?  = DUMB

FFS WG wake up!!!

Topic moved to more appropriate location.  Please pay attention to where you are posting and the requirements for some sections of the forums.

~dead_man_walking

Ok I'll bite...

It's beta, get over it or be constructive.

By keeping it 6-7, it keeps the matches much more tier v tier even. Which is a major issue in a 7v7, where 1 ship being tier difference can change the balance more.

AFKs has nothing to do with WG, unless there is a bug causing people to drop. Basically it's luck and with any release of a new mode - there will be some lemons.

If you have such a big problem with ranked matches, don't play them.

WG 'lover' (WG can do no wrong) :teethhappy:  (no offence btw)   :izmena:

**sniff sniff** trolls be near-abouts...

On a different note I jumped in for a few last night, was good to see teams trying to actually play well and play with a strat. Do think the cap points on Fault Lines (I think it was) were a bit close together.
Interesting part about Ranked is that DDs actually do have a place, capping and spotting. Not every match did I see a CV, so it was good to have DDs.

1,054 posts
3,918 battles

29% here....my true tomatoness has come alive.

I do not see the point of this rank battles (its worse than randoms honestly) unless you are allowed to division with your mates to ensure you have real teamwork.

423 posts
3,175 battles

Sorry for having to look into your player profile, Jolly, but I can't hold myself from laughing at your absurb commenting on the game and your totally lack of contribution on the forum. I has been very patient with you and trying to be friendly, while others openly show their hostility towards you, buddy. But even me, begins to feel a little impatient now...

And please don't mistake me as [content removed] or "W(G)oshipper", the game is far from perfect and need adjustment; you should have known that as a WoT player already. But again, you keep ranting as a child, without any support to your arguement. That's what make me feel very unsettle.

Sorry for saying the fact, but that's how I really feel reading a bunch of your threads, Jolly!

Insults or derogatory comments. Content edited, User sanctioned.

~Twisted0ne

Edited by Twisted0ne

1,923 posts
4,018 battles

Sorry for having to look into your player profile, Jolly, but I can't hold myself from laughing at your absurb commenting on the game and your totally lack of contribution on the forum. I has been very patient with you and trying to be friendly, while others openly show their hostility towards you, buddy. But even me, begins to feel a little impatient now...

And please don't mistake me as [content removed] or "W(G)oshipper", the game is far from perfect and need adjustment; you should have known that as a WoT player already. But again, you keep ranting as a child, without any support to your arguement. That's what make me feel very unsettle.

Sorry for saying the fact, but that's how I really feel reading a bunch of your threads, Jolly!

Jeez, chiil :o BTW reach college before 8am :playing:

Edited by Twisted0ne

Super Tester
2,500 posts
1,535 battles

No matter how good are you if your team does'nt cooperate then it the fate to lost the game.

[Half of losing=Team too noob, Blueliner, AFK, TK or Leeching]

That's only partially true, a good player can rally a routing team by performing well enough to have a considerable effect on the team's morale.

The best example for this is when you play a BB and the ship(s) on your flank withdraw as soon as enemy ships come into view.

By holding out for extreme amounts of time the player creates a good chance for the withdrawing ones to turn around and assist in the battle.

And even if no assistance is given a favourable situation is usually created, due to the sheer amount of time wasted by the enemy team to sink a single ship.

Does that always translate into a win? Nope, but it sure helps... dealing an avg. damage of 9k doesn't help turning a battle around...

Already in Alpha Testers
300 posts
938 battles

They have ranked battles on World of Warcraft now?

Yeah they call them arenas. Not sure what this has to do with anything, but we are just as entitled to bad poast as the next person.

Super Tester
1,634 posts
4,639 battles

Winrate is nothing...

Damage rate does...

Battle fought does...

Win rate does matter. Eventually.

You may mock, but eventually those games start to add up and win rate will eventually become a generally accurate marker for your ability to influence a game.

Damage rate does not matter as much in my eyes, because of how that could be easily skewed by the tier that you are playing in. Perhaps when they've reached thousands of battles played, it might be a sensible indicator of skill, but again, if you do damage, but you didn't win, what does it matter?

Battles fought is nothing more than to make sure that what you are seeing in his stats is generally reliable.

Edited by Haku

1,923 posts
4,018 battles

You may mock, but eventually those games start to add up and win rate will eventually become a generally accurate marker for your ability to influence a game.

WR really can't prove anything let said this if you sunk a 6 ships but lost due to teammates don't cooperate or work at all how could you get your WR up when there is such team, i am struggling to climb the ladder but teammates don't even wanna assist so what can i do just do what i can and deam maximum damage for the team. 

Super Tester
1,634 posts
4,639 battles

Damage rate does not matter as much in my eyes, because of how that could be easily skewed by the tier that you are playing in. Perhaps when they've reached thousands of battles played, it might be a sensible indicator of skill, but again, if you do damage, but you didn't win, what does it matter?

Battles fought is nothing more than to make sure that what you are seeing in his stats is generally reliable.

Just to repost since I was ninja-ed.

WR really can't prove anything let said this if you sunk a 6 ships but lost due to teammates don't cooperate or work at all how could you get your WR up when there is such team, i am struggling to climb the ladder but teammates don't even wanna assist so what can i do just do what i can and deam maximum damage for the team. 

Over an ever-growing sample size, there must be a reason why you're on the right or wrong side of 50% win rate.

Edited by Haku