You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
AntifoulAwl

Ranked Battles and Stars

22 comments in this topic

Alpha Tester
1,637 posts
7,230 battles

So if i understand this correctly, you gain a star for a win and lose one for a loss.

An average player, say 50% winrate, will always hover around having no stars, they will win a battle or two, then lose a battle or two. Result= no stars. Even if your WR is 55% your only going to eventually get one star.

Someone much less than average, say 40% WR, will have no stars either. They will rank the same as the average player .How frustrating is this going to be for all these sailors who can't seem to gain a rank, especially when you see yourself ranked with those who have less skills than yourself??

Is everyone going to be ranked on the bottom, with only the cream rising to the top?  and you know the saying about scum coming to the surface....

If I am wrong, can someone plz set me straight.:honoring:

Senior Moderator
3,837 posts
2,602 battles

http://worldofwarships.asia/news/common/ranked-battles-faq/

^ Ranked Battles FAQ

First few ranks are irrevocable. Means you can lose stars and set your progress to the next rank back but you won't drop down a rank. Theoretically, everyone can get to the middle ranks if they're persistent/lucky enough. Once you're in the middle ranks things start to get difficult, you get matched with more competent players and you can lose ranks when you lose. And in the higher ranks, is where you find the crème de la crème.

Alpha Tester
982 posts

95% of the sever population is gonna move between ranks 3-8. Up, down, up, down, etc......

Whomever thought of this battle mode should be kicked squarely in their rudder. Whomever approved it should have their rudder AND propellers kicked.

The only way to salvage it is to not reward the bottom player(s) on the winning team, without penalizing them and to reward the best player or two on the losing team. Anything less wastes my time and is why I will not further participate.

350 posts

Ranked battles have more garbage players in them than normal randoms.

Best part is, when Capt. Dumb Dumb gets his ship killed to no effect, he drags the team down even more than he would in 'normal' (cough) mode.

And MM is a joke, uneven number of DDs just sways the odds more heavily.

I give ranked battles a month.

350 posts

Just did another Rank battle, the morons ignore the big [content removed] white circles and went looking for the enemy CV.

Too [content removed] hard, herding cats is easier.

Profanity.  Post edited. User warned.

~dead_man_walking

Edited by dead_man_walking

Super Tester
630 posts
9,481 battles

I had a terrible experience in ranked battles today... I might try again tomorrow but I don't feel it... 

Super Tester
2,500 posts
1,535 battles

I highly suggest everyone to keep playing ranked battles.

Once you get to higher ranks the teamplay should improve greatly and the rewards are more than awesome!

I'll see you in random battles once you've realised my evil schemes.

Edited by Retia

1,923 posts
4,018 battles

I highly suggest everyone to keep playing ranked battles.

Once you get to higher ranks the teamplay should improve greatly and the rewards are more than awesome!

I'll see you in random battles once you've realised my evil schemes.

I wonder why WG insist giving Camo as reward why not credits or flag already have autoenable camo...
Edited by davud1537

1,923 posts
4,018 battles

only thing that make me interest in Ranked battle is not gameplay or teamwork (that not gonna happen) ... but free flag and camo from rewards

I don't want camo i want credits or flags only.....

[151ST]
1,012 posts
4,505 battles

I'm a 60% win player.... But I have 20% or less win in ranked. I'm a confirmed baddie.

You were just unlucky coming up against me :trollface:

Luck has a little to do with it, eventually the numbers will go in your favour...

Senior Moderator
4,798 posts
1,924 battles

You were just unlucky coming up against me :trollface:

Luck has a little to do with it, eventually the numbers will go in your favour...

Depends - I spent a bit of time testing whether some long held perceptions were true or not (they were) ;)