You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Jmacca

flying rules?

6 comments in this topic

[88AD]
Beta Tester
12 posts
5,816 battles

Hi all love the game but I was just told that flying planes along the border is against the rules and will lead to being banned is that true?

Cheers.

Beta Tester
2,040 posts
1,326 battles

It is categorized as game exploit and discouraged.

However, considering how people are abusing the blue line (which is worse than planes flying out of border) and yet don't get banned for it, it would seem that flying your planes out of border doesn't get you banned either...yet.

No idea how will things change in the future, but hopefully WG will do something about this...someday.

[88AD]
Beta Tester
12 posts
5,816 battles

Thanks, planes can still be shot down on the blue line but cannot launch torpedoes close to ships on the blue line but as I said I was told that I would be Banned and I can't find the rule about it.

Cheers

Macca.     

Alpha Tester
1,637 posts
7,230 battles

If you see ships crawling along the border, you will gain your team's appreciation if your planes sink 'em.

Blue liners deserve to sent to the bottom.

[88AD]
Beta Tester
12 posts
5,816 battles

What I want to know is do you get reported for flying along the blue line?

Cheers guys

Macca

Senior Moderator
4,798 posts
1,924 battles

What I want to know is do you get reported for flying along the blue line?

Cheers guys

Macca

wall of text:

Note that this is somewhat simplified, there is a lot more to the interactions between the teams.

Dev Actions:

Server data is watched by the devs for how the mechanics are working.  If abuse of a particular mechanic is identified (e.g. blue line) then issues are prioritised in severity/impact/feedback (e.g. blue line by ships, TKing) and solutions worked upon.

Solutions may be changes to the in game mechanics (e.g. the variety of blue line fixes attempted in ST so far, the anti-TK mechanics) and/or changes to the way calls are made to/from the client to the server and how the file system is accessed (e.g. aim-assist mod pre 0.3.1).

GMs/Support:

In game reports go to the GMs/support for analysis.  Sanctions are made based on the severity and frequency of the reports/actions.  

Moderators:

Forum pms to individual moderators which are actioned based on their allowed scope.  Moderators generally can action based on intra-player interaction (how you talk to each other) rather than game-player interaction.  If an item is out of the moderators scope of action they will raise it with the GMs for investigation/action.

Answering the OP:

Playing an un-modified game and taking advantage of a glitch will more often be patched and not sanctioned where as, using a mod to create an advantage will more often be patched and may be sanctioned.

TL/DR:

Don't abuse the mechanics and play within the spirit as well as the letter of the rules/eula and you'll be fine.