You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
WindCruiser

Pros/Cons of each nation ?

32 comments in this topic

Beta Tester
682 posts
4,757 battles

well since German are coming so what is it strength and weak point 
I'm not good with naval warfare so i want to see some expert opinion :honoring:

for now basicly i know  US got good gun - rate of fire , accuracy ... IJN got good torps 

so what about other nation that not in the game yet ? 
German got good armor ?
I hear that UK have good air force, air supremacy .. it also apply for navy plane ?

and what about USSR ... Red October and Giant squid ? ( << this just kidding of couse :teethhappy: )

Alpha Tester
2,150 posts
486 battles

WG will just make it up. Don't expect it to make any particular sense compared with history because it's rather artificial to say there were massive differences in many cases.

The differences that did exist tended to revolve around technology, and the Allies certainly were well ahead in terms of radar and prox fuse AA to name 2 big ones.

Already in Alpha Testers
300 posts
938 battles

The Tirpitz is probably a good pointer toward what the Kriegsmarine ships will be about, i.e. good armour with guns somewhat lacking.

I expect the opposite for the Royal Navy, i.e. crappy armour, good guns (like in the Battle of Jutland)

I really don't have much of an idea what the Russian/Soviet Navy ships will be like. Maybe they will be able to sail half way around the world only to get wrekt really quickly (Battle of Tsushima)? Or maybe they will have great armour and excellent guns just like how the Russian devs might imagine their ships would have faired? My only guess based on other games developed by WG would be that they will not be under powered.

Beta Tester
682 posts
4,757 battles

:great:
lol .. that maybe the case .... like in WoT, Bouncy armor, fast, high damage gun, low accuracy but somehow manage to hit every time LOL

oh about royal navy ... i find that they decide one cruiser with heavy gun and no armor and get in the fight and sunk very quick with few short (can't remember the ship name thou.) if that ship in the game maybe gonna be interesting :D

Beta Tester
2,040 posts
1,326 battles

well since German are coming so what is it strength and weak point 

I'm not good with naval warfare so i want to see some expert opinion :honoring:

for now basicly i know  US got good gun - rate of fire , accuracy ... IJN got good torps 

so what about other nation that not in the game yet ? 

German got good armor ?

I hear that UK have good air force, air supremacy .. it also apply for navy plane ?

and what about USSR ... Red October and Giant squid ? ( << this just kidding of couse :teethhappy: )

IJN: Good firepower, good AP penetration, low shell arc, decent accuracy, powerful torps although they aren't stealthy despite their real life performance.

USN: Good AA, decent to good Firepower, high shell arc, average to bad accuracy, torps are kinda garbage until Fletcher.

SN: muh Stalinium guide your shells to the target and blow them up, while shrugging everything fired at you.

KM: Fast firing and turning guns, no idea about accuracy and AA though, survivalbility they might be good.

213 posts
4,335 battles

Going on a historical basis:

RN Destoyers will have the best ASW stats with ASDIC and SQUID in the higher tiers.

RN Cruisers will have the best long range cruising ability & sea keeping characteristics.

RN CVs will have the best deck armour.....in exchange for a tiny airgroup.

RN BB will blow up more quickly and spectacularly than any other nation.

Hmmm.......... their might be some issues here.....

1,923 posts
4,018 battles

RN Destoyers will have the best ASW stats with ASDIC and SQUID in the higher tiers.

RN Cruisers will have the best long range cruising ability & sea keeping characteristics.

You wanna know then i will said USN is the best why cause they got the experience in fighting WW1/2 that include the carrier, battleship, cruisers, destroyers and submarines but in this game i said the USN is worst than that. For USN in real life they have the veterans aviators, veteran sailors, veteran anti aircraft gunner etc, newest technology, newest aircraft and ships also they have the skills and tactics. Unlike IJN is not quite promiseing although they have the 2 super battleship mushashi and yamato but there lack of crews due to the prolonging war there lack of veteran aviators. Also their carrier is a massive draw back since their carrier is not equipped with radar technology, the anti aircraft aramament is not quite as promiseing until 1943 the IJN start to remodify and upgrade. IJN though good in planning an ambush, night battle and deceptions. Now let talk about KM, KM is good in submarine warfare since their U-boat sunk most of the allies convoy at the atlantic sea but we don't see much actions of their surface ship as aldof hitler ordee his troops not to fire on US ships but until the 1941 US declared to join the war we get to see the action as usual KM is good in their heavy cruisers, battlecuisers and battleship since they have a heavy deck arnour, fastee traverse speed of the gun but their submarines is overall the best. For the Royal Navy we could said their ships are not quite good as most of their battleship deck armour is old and worning poor anti aircraft armament too, don't get any chances to see of their surface ship in actions on the pacific since the repulse and prince of whales get sunk by the IJN bomber although RN destroyers is good in ASW as we can see in Atlantic there hunt the U-boat mostly. As for SN their navy is not quite promiseing as most of their ships are donated by the USN as Soviet concentrate on their forces in ground units rather than building up their navy but after the WW2 SN got the best stats for thier navy though. Well this are just in real not in gamea peeps.:honoring:
Edited by davud1537

Beta Tester
682 posts
4,757 battles

what is ASW, ASDIC ... and Squid ??????

... Cruiser seem interesting thou...

BB ... blow up spectacularly ?? LOL ... maybe they will implement ammo rack explosion from WoT and turrent flying to match the spectacularly word of you :D

Alpha Tester
1,638 posts
7,230 battles

Brit ships issue rum.

Russian galleys serve black bread and potatoes.

German galleys serve sausage.

Japanese ships issue saki.

US ships have pin ups of Betty Grable.

Senior Moderator
4,798 posts
1,924 battles

Brit ships issue rum.

Russian galleys serve black bread and potatoes.

German galleys serve sausage.

Japanese ships issue saki.

US ships have pin ups of Betty Grable.

So 1 and 4 for me then :)

Super Tester
1,677 posts

Well to be lulzy, this one must say this:

US

battleship - from dreads to standard fast battleships. sound armor and they want to hug you. no seriously, USN dreads want to hug you whereas fast battleships want to say hi from afar

cruiser - all-rounder ships with fast firing guns that range from impressive to near-absurd (pssst... Atlanta, Cleveland and Des Moines) with souped up AA suites unloading into the sky and filling it with craptons of flak and I'm not speaking of Counterflak getting in a pop shooter AA gun. if you want issues, then two might fit your bill: "y u no hab torpedus" and "omgwtf high shell arc"

destroyer - limited AA screen capability, sound maneuverability, high profile torpedo assassin where the max range of their torpedoes is about 10km at best but they swim fairly faster. their guns can still blast you to death if the opportunity arises. if you see one get close, a word of advice: its about to perform a torpedo run and you better maneuver first before trying to blast it.

carrier - fewer squadrons to send into the sky but a lot more planes IN the squadron. laugh as their fighters dominate the sky in dogfights

JA/JP

battleship - depends on how you perform as the line zigzags with the zigs the Kongo and Amagi. solid ranges at best at the cost of increased shell dispersion, armor that protects the ship all round instead of the US type of cramming everything amidships and good mobility. did I forget to mention they have the Fuso and Amagi which are unrivaled in terms of broadside and the YUMMAH TOE which some battleship fans are squealing all over?

cruiser - focuses more on anti-ship duties at the cost of their AA suites not really that suited for AA screening. expect torpedoes in all of em... ALL OF THEM and if you see one turning tail and running away, be wary as it may have unloaded its tubes but REJOICE! their torpedoes swim slower and have short... well... if you deem 7-10km 'short' range. they also get their heavy cruiser at tier 5 first since the Americans get theirs at tier 7. "y u no have gud AA suite" and "y u no load faster" applies to red whine.

destroyer - also known as smoke kemping ninjas firing shurikens torpedoes from the dark smokescreen. can't sustain hits as they will crack and will often times lose to gun duels with their American counterparts unless the situation is a bit different. their torpedoes have the longest range with some reaching 20km but swims a bit slower... but who needs torpedo speed when a single one can deal a good chunk of HP from you? one of the most notable ships was the Minekaze aka Ninjakaze that was sent to the rebalance anvil and so does not have her 10km torpedoes anymore.

carrier - summed up in this: "we should all have squadrons! you get a squadron, you get a squadron, EVERYONE GET SQUADRON!". since... they can send more squadrons in the air but each has a smaller air wing.

now derp with that if you will :v

Edited by EvyL

[151ST]
1,014 posts
4,526 battles

Well to be lulzy, this one must say this:

carrier - summed up in this: "we should all have squadrons! you get a squadron, you get a squadron, EVERYONE GET SQUADRON!". since... they can send more squadrons in the air but each has a smaller air wing.

now derp with that if you will :v

This made my Friday, thanks EvyL

Red Text.  Post edited. User warned.

~dead_man_walking

reminder - red is reserved for moderation actions.

Edited by dead_man_walking

Beta Tester
434 posts
3,185 battles

I expect the opposite for the Royal Navy, i.e. crappy armour, good guns (like in the Battle of Jutland)

This would be an error though.

Their was nothing wrong with the armour. It was the relative poor handling of the cordite in the ships magazines/turrets that caused the issue. One spark and BOOM. You get a lot of spark when a shell hits a ship near the magazine/turret and explodes :)

The whole poor armour thing is such a misnomer and has unfortunately become urban legend for all armchair naval historians.

Tee

Super Tester
1,677 posts

Their was nothing wrong with the armour. It was the relative poor handling of the cordite in the ships magazines/turrets that caused the issue. One spark and BOOM. You get a lot of spark when a shell hits a ship near the magazine/turret and explodes :)

The whole poor armour thing is such a misnomer and has unfortunately become urban legend for all armchair naval historians.

Tee

I'd really want to know how the battlecruisers fared when that made them go boom during the battlecruiser phase at Jutland as well.

[CLAY]
Alpha Tester
949 posts
5,652 battles

Russian Hvy Cruisers with their 7.1in gun should be interesting, very high elevation, ranging out to 40km range (real life not game = about 22km game wise).

But it's the German WWI battlecruisers that I'm really looking forward to see.

[151ST]
1,014 posts
4,526 battles

This made my Friday, thanks EvyL

Red Text.  Post edited. User warned.

~dead_man_walking

reminder - red is reserved for moderation actions.

Apologies mate - forgot it was reserved...

Tee

Spot on. Yeah, there are a lot of urban myths and such associated with a lot of WW1/2 stuff... I think it's just one of those things that happens in any war over the years...

I think it will get better as years go on though, as we'll have more 1st-hand information (video, pictures, helmet-cam footage) from current conflicts.

[edit: completed sentence] 

Edited by S4pp3R

[SIF]
Senior Moderator
2,563 posts

I think it will get better as years go on though, as we'll have more 1st-hand information (video, pictures, helmet-cam footage) from current conflicts

Are you serious? Almost all combat camera action from the past wars are classified, and for good reason. Maybe in 50 years it will be released to the general public, in which case, you will still have your armchair generals bickering over whether the footage is real or not. 

Most of the footage done by the USA in WWII is still classified

[151ST]
1,014 posts
4,526 battles

Are you serious? Almost all combat camera action from the past wars are classified, and for good reason. Maybe in 50 years it will be released to the general public, in which case, you will still have your armchair generals bickering over whether the footage is real or not. 

Most of the footage done by the USA in WWII is still classified

Nowadays more is captured by individuals on personal GoPros and then either kept at home or thrown up on youtube... So it will come out eventually, even if it's 20 years from now and soldiers' kids find it on the computer or something.

[SIF]
Senior Moderator
2,563 posts

Gonna take a guess here, but you have not spent time in a war zone

Go pro and other recording devices (personal) are not allowed to be carried on a person whilst conducting operations. If they have removed this from the rules in the last five years, then so be it.

[CLAY]
Alpha Tester
949 posts
5,652 battles

Gonna take a guess here, but you have not spent time in a war zone

Go pro and other recording devices (personal) are not allowed to be carried on a person whilst conducting operations. If they have removed this from the rules in the last five years, then so be it.

Don't know about now-a-days but back in WWII there was a bit of private movie making going on (troops with their home movie cameras). Normally easy to spot as a lot of it was in colour.

As for GB and Australian secret they have a used by date of 30 or 35 years after that it's all open. That's why we know that GB built the first programmable computer (even though it was smashed to bits as the Brits considered it much to dangerous a weapon to have around).

Beta Tester
682 posts
4,757 battles

Russian Hvy Cruisers with their 7.1in gun should be interesting, very high elevation, ranging out to 40km range (real life not game = about 22km game wise).

But it's the German WWI battlecruisers that I'm really looking forward to see.

For Russia Cruiser .. I'm little interest in kirov class ... but I think  it too modern for the game  - -