You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Terkoz

Will there be a dedicated Australian Server?

36 comments in this topic

29 posts
1,050 battles

I've searched and not found an answer but does anyone know if there will there be a dedicated Australian Server? Sharing the asian server is an issue due to the language barrier as it is almost impossible to get teams to work as such.

29 posts
1,050 battles

There won't be such, simply because the Aussie population isn't large enough to fill a separate server.

Heck, even our server isn't that populated.

Bugger... Thanks for letting me know. That's a pity.

Our server does well enough.

Well the matches certainly seem to start fast enough however I am getting very sick of the wildly uneven matches where I am against multiple ships three tiers above me where they can destroy me long before I can get close enough for my guns to reach them.

Don't get me wrong I'm loving the game for the most part the ratio of fun matches to frustrating ones seems to be heading the wrong way. A lot of this is due to not being able to get people to work as teams.

Beta Tester
760 posts
6,921 battles

Australia and NZ don't have enough players for World of Tanks, let alone World of Warships, I'd say and at least 15,000 - 20,000 players are needed for a dedicated server, with a decent chunk that pay for gold and premium consistently for business reasons

Senior Moderator
4,798 posts
1,924 battles

AU server cluster was mooted IF PCCU per title from AU/NZ ever reached the numbers required, which was ~15k+ as per Jasper (GM Asia)/Victor (if you don't know who this is ....) PaX AU 2013 press release.

We have never reached those numbers, so it has never happened.

[SIF]
Super Tester
3,828 posts
4,103 battles

It will never happen.  It never happened on tanks and while all the other servers continue to get large numbers of new members the asia region has peaked at a mere speck of the growth of the RU/EU/NA regions.  It holds its own against the EU server for daily use but is not in the league of the NA and RU servers.  I can see that the next few years will never see the creation of new servers, but may require a merge of some servers to be able to maintain decent numbers and MM.

Boats may see some growth as of tomorrow when it goes OBT, but I think its a niche market and wont see the success that tanks has due to no real end content (currently)..

Alpha Tester
512 posts
308 battles

Heck, even our server isn't that populated.

Maybe for tanks, but for boats at least this server peaks higher than NA, and maybe half as much as EU, which is pretty good actually.

Super Tester
1,177 posts
4,099 battles

game needs a built in translator.

A guy was working on a mod for that in World of Tanks some years ago, but I haven't heard from him since.

http://forum.worldoftanks.asia/index.php?/topic/15810-solution-to-fix-boxes-for-in-game-chat/page__st__20__pid__336746#entry336746

[1NATN]
Beta Tester
192 posts
11,232 battles

I have no problems with the language barrier as poi says everything I need to say.

I like this server, very little abuse with quiet dedicated gamers for the most part.

Beats getting told off every match by spoiled brats who've nothing better to do than ruin someone's day from far across the world.

If you want real teamwork join a clan or toon up with someone, personally i'm waiting for clan wars, you'll get no better teamwork than with a clan in a CW match.

Poi.:izmena:

Edited by jimmywrangles_1

1,923 posts
4,018 battles

I have no problems with the language barrier as poi says everything I need to say.

I like this server, very little abuse with quiet dedicated gamers for the most part.

Beats getting told off every match by spoiled brats who've nothing better to do than ruin someone's day from far across the world.

If you want real teamwork join a clan or toon up with someone, personally i'm waiting for clan wars, you'll get no better teamwork than with a clan in a CW match.

POI :honoring:

29 posts
1,050 battles

I have to agree with you there. I have only come across one deliberate teamkiller and there is very little abuse in the chat. This is a very nice change from a lot of online games lately.

I do already belong to a clan and several of us play together but not enough of us for there to be always someone to team with when I can play.

WG Staff
606 posts
447 battles

Don't mean to sound all pessimistic and repetitive but, sorry, no. At this moment in time, we're not planning a separate server for our players in Australia and/or New Zealand.  

29 posts
1,050 battles

Don't mean to sound all pessimistic and repetitive but, sorry, no. At this moment in time, we're not planning a separate server for our players in Australia and/or New Zealand.  

Oh well thanks anyway. Hopefully going live will attract enough Anzac players to warrant getting one of our own. It's unlikely though if WOT can't manage it as I imagine interest in ships will be a less than that of tanks.
Edited by Terkoz

Alpha Tester
47 posts
1,085 battles

i whine for Aussie to stay here , i sick of box in my chat ,So please stay with me :trollface:

Edited by james4b

Super Tester
509 posts

To be fair, if everyone just learned german then we wouldn't have the issue of language barriers.

All younger Europeans can speak English so no language barriers there =)
Edited by Vyviel

Alpha Tester
512 posts
308 battles

To be fair, if everyone just learned german then we wouldn't have the issue of language barriers.

Attempting to implant ideas about a NWO in everyone's heads are we?

Super Tester
2,500 posts
1,535 battles

All younger Europeans can speak English so no language barriers there =)

lol, are you kidding me?

Sure, we learn english in school over here, but how much do you think sticks inside today's youth's heads?

I learned english because I liked the language and enjoy the benefits.

Try speaking to random people in Germany, France, Poland or Italy... outside of those working at tourist attractions/hotels.

Good luck getting anything beyond a "Uhm... ehm... sorry, my english uhh... is not so good." out of the average german.

Attempting to implant ideas about a NWO in everyone's heads are we?

RJiiwng.png

126 posts
2,722 battles

I'm finding language as the hardest thing too, if guys were able to coordinate direction easier I would find no reason to join a Clan at all, after playing Virtual Skipper for 3 years I have to say the very idea of joining a club of any kind is a bit of a turn off for me, it can all get a bit nasty and gaming inhibited by abusive low life types, e-thugs with nothing better to do than give crap behind the veil of being half a world away so you cant knock their bloody blocks off.

I'm very much a team player, with the belief that in a game like this a grouped force will be victorious 9 times out of 10. I have no problem with following the group, giving fire support etc IF I know where the group is heading....therein lies the problem. No communication + No Coordination = Defeat

If anyone wants a relative new Australian player (300+ Battles) that has a good understanding of these things and a 91% Victory Rating as a Loner, has Skype and can work as a team member please get in touch.

With respect:honoring:

Dan