Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Steeltrap

What's the truth about 'new MM'?

11 comments in this topic

Alpha Tester
2,150 posts
486 battles

Recently there was a thread posted with a chart, provided in EU by WG staff, showing revised MM. Here is a link to the MM changes as provided by WG EU staff. And, yes, the chart provided here is the same (thanks to Gezeiten_Heimatwelt for providing it).

The update of 16th supposedly put that into effect here.

Now there are reports of people playing tier 4 BBs and getting tier 6 battles. I had this happen myself in Myogi.

So which is it? The MM chart is incorrect, or the implementation of the MM changes is partially FUBAR? I say partially because I only got tier 3-4 battles in the Kawachi. What a difference that made, not being in tier 6 fights. Sadly I was only 2 battles from completing it, and it was clear how massive a difference in game play it made when you no longer got put into pointless battles as a punching bag).

Can someone OFFICIAL (there are some WG staff, right, and presumably they can get proper answers from within WG, right?) please resolve this?

If the chart is incorrect, amend it. If the implementation is partially incorrect, please tell us and let us know what will happen.

MM is arguably equally important as ANY other part of the game. That there should be conflicting, poorly managed information about it is simply bad. It needs to be resolved ASAP.

Cheers

Edited by Steeltrap

Alpha Tester
2,150 posts
486 battles

Really? Seems odd given the following is linked via the launcher. That says clearly the MM was changed 0500 YESTERDAY and, as I said, my Kawachi only got tier 3-4 battles whereas before it got tier 6.

Today's update makes no mention of MM but is meant to correct 'several minor graphical issues'. Maybe it's just WG's usual rubbish comms, lol.

I've no idea, hence my request for clarification.

Cheers

Commanders,

Please be notified that the World of Warships servers will undergo a brief maintenance under the following schedule:

September 16th 2015 05:00 UTC+8 

This maintenance will update the game's Match Making system and should improve the Tiers assigned for each matches.

Thank you for your cooperation.

Edited by Steeltrap

Super Tester
1,634 posts
4,639 battles

I think the problem is waiting times...

In any case, Tier 4s should be able to see Tier 6s. Only Tier 3 BBs should have any semblance of limited MM.

Beta Tester
2,040 posts
1,326 battles

It may seem confusing, but I wrote exactly what was written by WG staff in that EU forums post.

The new MM is to be updated along 0.5.0 patch, and that one only came out today.

I have no idea what were they fixing with yesterday's MM though. Probably not that new MM chart I posted though.

Alpha Tester
28 posts

So we're still left entirely in the dark about MM? Really?

Is this so [redacted] hard to be clear about, WG?

WG are out of control.  Screwed up the end of beta launch.  No patch notes or player communication.  You'd think they want this game to die.

Sign in to follow this