Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
PGM991

fire, flood, incap, which one annoy you most?

40 members have voted

1. 1. fire, flood, incap which one annoy you most?

• fire
    • flood
    • incapacitate moduel

55 comments in this topic

1,126 posts

As topic said.

normal shell damage and torpedoes is decent enough and no need to discuss that.

what I want to know is, addition damage like these three, which one annoy you the most?

I didn't ask what is bad or should be remove, okay.

as for me, fire is the most annoying in this game.

it's okay for ship to be sunk by flood, but by fire? on a steel warship? ... I don't think so.

they deck may made of wood, but they hull is steel.

however, when I play DD, the most annoying thing in the whole universe is, engine incap!!

man... I swear to every deity in this world that engine of DD in this game is made out of paper!

shell hit water.... I say again SHELL HIT WATER no damage no sound no anything and engine just blow off. WTF?

crew: sir! water has splash into engine! it get wet!, and it stop sir!

me : WTF!!!?

1,923 posts
4,018 battles

As topic said.

normal shell damage and torpedoes is decent enough and no need to discuss that.

what I want to know is, addition damage like these three, which one annoy you the most?

I didn't ask what is bad or should be remove, okay.

as for me, fire is the most annoying in this game.

it's okay for ship to be sunk by flood, but by fire? on a steel warship? ... I don't think so.

they deck may made of wood, but they hull is steel.

Nope there is chancea of ship getting fire in the Fuel sections and the engine sections also even with steel hull shells or bomb could pentatrate and ignite it but this game the fire is too ridicilous it on everywhere.

4,163 posts
1,874 battles

Fire is the number one danger on board a warship, regardless of whether it's made of wood or steel. Even a modern warship is full of flammable stuff - ammunition, paint, fuel, people, etc.

That being said, its more an annoyance than anything else in this game. Let it burn out by itself, or when there's two or more stacks, hit damage control to extinguish, voila, problem solved. 

Flooding though. Massive DoT, coupled with decreased movement speed to make you an easier target...

Super Tester
2,500 posts
1,535 battles

Entirely depends on the situation and ship.

In BBs fire is generally a *shrug* whatever kind of thing.

Dmg Ctrl deals with the first fire and Repair negates the second one,

and if there is a third one then Dmg Ctrl is usually available again.

On specific ships like Yuubari the module (Read: Rudder) damage can be deadly, but really, if I get hit twice in a row

without even attempting to get my rudder out of harms way then it's my own fault.

Heck, with how rare magazine explosions are I can't even be bothered to get annoyed by those.

I guess completely destroyed guns are annoying, but then again I've only been completely out of guns/torpedoes once,

including alpha, CBT and OBT.

Thus... uh... well... it's not great to lose a gun, but as long as it's only one or two... ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

423 posts
3,175 battles

Fire is the number one danger on board a warship, regardless of whether it's made of wood or steel. Even a modern warship is full of flammable stuff - ammunition, paint, fuel, people, etc.

Fire is damaging in a ship, as far as I can see, is due to crew lost rather than the fire itself (unless that is a submarine, which in this case, fire can easily lead to a emergency surfacing, often not quite available when you're deep behind enemy line).

Often I would prefer to go out of the action first, then activate the control damage. You don't want to cut the fire prematurely, only to suffer another fire (my favorite tactic on Cleveland is to shoot them on fire then shoot them again, who's your God now :trollface: )

Flooding isn't much of an issue, the same as fire, especially once you're in a good division with teammates that would support you nicely on your escape route.

With me, the most damaging things can occure is incap modules or worse, destroyed module. These are often combat capability ones, and what would happen if it is destroyed?

But I thought of a suggestion as on World of Tank that we are having a "personnel system" that function in "section(s)" that is supporting the ships with each individual incap is an incap to performance: navigation (commander - sight range and rudder), fire control group (gunner - wider spread, slightly longer reload), propulsion (driver/engine - speed as a flooding one) and auxilary (loader/damage control - longer on both loading time and activation time on DCS). Destroyer would have the least amount of "sections", therefore an incap is more severed, forcing them to play smarter; while Battleship would have the most of sections, allow them to play more aggressively. Therefore reduce the amount of "DD is too freakin' OP" thread and make way to new consumables like first aid bags equivalent...

It would be very nice to see less of these ranting with new implement of new stuffs :trollface:

Edited by jchen8792

[SIF]
Senior Moderator
2,563 posts

A fire in real life on a warship is the worst possible senerio you can have, the loss of life, loss of equipment, the loss of morale.

To fight a fire, you need to shut down the compartment the fire is in, as well as any equipment that is in there, so and engine room fire would see you lose your engine and possibly generators, you would be pumping water in via fire hoses (about 150psi -so lots of water) as well as trying to negate the toxic fumes that escape the compartment every time the hatch is open.

I think you get the idea of how bad it can get.

423 posts
3,175 battles

A fire in real life on a warship is the worst possible senerio you can have, the loss of life, loss of equipment, the loss of morale.

To fight a fire, you need to shut down the compartment the fire is in, as well as any equipment that is in there, so and engine room fire would see you lose your engine and possibly generators, you would be pumping water in via fire hoses (about 150psi -so lots of water) as well as trying to negate the toxic fumes that escape the compartment every time the hatch is open.

I think you get the idea of how bad it can get.

Yup, but provide that this game is basically "robot" (seriously, that's all I can see so far), fire is more like a comical effect rather than a real deal.

A great idea would be pumping some "personnel lost" that would bring you in as the "real" (well, not quite, but closer than it is now) cap'n.

I do know the seriousness of fire on a ship, for I have been a brief time stationed in one (I am more like a Marine rather than a Sea-man), but in this game, nah, the fire system isn't a big deal after all...

Just saying, no offense on anyone or anything.

423 posts
3,175 battles

Could have a loss of capability the more times you get set on fire, I.e. Lose 10% of your captains skills for each fire

Yup that's what I meant, but we're ranting again... Is World of Tank from Beta include these feature about dead crew as well?

And I meant not just set on fire, but on flooding, too. Normally ships seldom get flooding from direct fire action (hullbreach rarely occured, unless the ships got hit by a torpedo - never seen in my time stationed on one of those frigate), but this would mean more chances of capsizing, uneven load and requirement to seal off an entire flooding section, too...

Edited by jchen8792

Already in Alpha Testers
300 posts
938 battles

For DD's I find module damage in particular to the propeller and drive system is the most dangerous. Fires are not such a concern because if you are getting hit you are not lasting long anyway. Similarly if you get hit by a torp then the flooding may finish you off but the mere fact you got hit by a torp means you have done something wrong. However, losing power and leaving yourself dead in the water means you are dead!

423 posts
3,175 battles

For DD's I find module damage in particular to the propeller and drive system is the most dangerous. Fires are not such a concern because if you are getting hit you are not lasting long anyway. Similarly if you get hit by a torp then the flooding may finish you off but the mere fact you got hit by a torp means you have done something wrong. However, losing power and leaving yourself dead in the water means you are dead!

now tracking a T-50-2 when he's charging to our beloved M12...

423 posts
3,175 battles

In real life losing power in DD is not quite easy but getting fire on the Ammo, Fuel, Engine or power system is quite easy. Also some DD lose power= losing control of the main guns aka Fletcher class. But anyway fire is the worst case in real life as you need to put out the fire or else the fire could jepodize the whole ship as for flooding you will could pump out the water and flooding the compartment to maintain the stability of the ship so it won't lease but in this game fire is not a issue at it is easy to put it out but flooding is not and flooding will keep decreasing your Hitpoints until you sunk so i personally hate flooding on this game. Also it is unlikely a DD to suffer a proppler damage in real life the only possible damage is fire, flooding, bridge destroyed=losing the helms, electrical failure, engine failure, magazine detonation and lastly losing the main or secondary/AA guns.

you forgot to mention about the chances to wipe out 80% of the not-many-personnel crew by a single hit from a anti-ship missile...

1,923 posts
4,018 battles

you forgot to mention about the chances to wipe out 80% of the not-many-personnel crew by a single hit from a anti-ship missile...

That is current modern since when WW2 have a anti surface missiles [ASM]? Current warfare using the famous Harpoon missiles uses by multiple country plus Tomhawk cruise missiles too.

423 posts
3,175 battles

lol, World of Modern Warships would be like "Bingo" game when they're launching cruiser/anti-ship missiles to the map, hoping to get a hit, lol.

And CWIS squashing approaching lightweight anti-ship missiles like fly swatter, lol

1,923 posts
4,018 battles

lol, World of Modern Warships would be like "Bingo" game when they're launching cruiser/anti-ship missiles to the map, hoping to get a hit, lol.

And CWIS squashing approaching lightweight anti-ship missiles like fly swatter, lol

CIWS Gattling gun, but they are only effective in slow moving targers as for missiles is hard to take it down.

Alpha Tester
2,150 posts
486 battles

The biggest problem with fires in this game, especially for BBs, is that they occur so absurdly frequently and will kill you eventually.

Sure, fires on board were a major issue. It's why ships trained so extensively to address them, and why BBs (with the most crew) also had the most damage control parties AND the greatest compartmentalisation.

More than that, however, is the fact that the really dangerous fires were caused by bursting charges on AP rounds. They punch into the ship and go 'bang'. A 'high capacity' (i.e. HE) shell that bursts on decks etc can do damage and start surface fires, but the 'ship killing' fires people mention (fuel, steam lines, cordite/ammo etc) were NOT caused by those shells because those significant dangers were hidden behind as much armour as the ship had.

Spamming small calibre HE rounds at a BB and thinking it will die is sheer nonsense. OK, WG has done it so people in CAs can feel they can do something to BBs, but it is irritating regardless.

Best thing to do is forget anything you know about ships and combat of that period and think "I'm playing a cross between StarCraft and an FPS where the units are recognisable ships" and leave it at that.

Already in Alpha Testers
300 posts
938 battles

In real life losing power in DD is not quite easy but getting fire on the Ammo, Fuel, Engine or power system is quite easy. Also some DD lose power= losing control of the main guns aka Fletcher class. But anyway fire is the worst case in real life as you need to put out the fire or else the fire could jepodize the whole ship as for flooding you will could pump out the water and flooding the compartment to maintain the stability of the ship so it won't lease but in this game fire is not a issue at it is easy to put it out but flooding is not and flooding will keep decreasing your Hitpoints until you sunk so i personally hate flooding on this game. Also it is unlikely a DD to suffer a proppler damage in real life the only possible damage is fire, flooding, bridge destroyed=losing the helms, electrical failure, engine failure, magazine detonation and lastly losing the main or secondary/AA guns.

However in this game I will let a fire burn on a DD if I can reasonably expect to be taking more hits. Putting out the fire which will eventually kill you is not as great a priority as making sure you maintain propulsion because if you lose that and repair is on cool down you are definitely dead. Only when you get to safety would I hit the repair button and put the fire out unless things are really desperate.

Super Tester
2,725 posts

ALL in one package.

Like seriously, you got fire by HE or bomb, flooding by torp'd, & incapacitated by torps all in one package. Mostly true on Battleships :P

Edited by Mingfang47

1,923 posts
4,018 battles

However in this game I will let a fire burn on a DD if I can reasonably expect to be taking more hits. Putting out the fire which will eventually kill you is not as great a priority as making sure you maintain propulsion because if you lose that and repair is on cool down you are definitely dead. Only when you get to safety would I hit the repair button and put the fire out unless things are really desperate.

That what i mentioned i did not said putting out fire on DD is priority in this game i only hate the incap modules for DD but i only mentioned putting out fire in real life for DD is priority.

Sign in to follow this