Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
yobbo1972

feedback please (kind feedback)

36 comments in this topic

Beta Tester
1,566 posts
12,938 battles

just wondering what players think about torpedo bombers flying over high land and then being able to drop their torps so close to the islands like in the attached photo????

as they can drop them so close to the land means that the ship has no chance in turning to miss the torpedos at all.

in the photo its about 1km (0.9km) to the land from my ship so they are dropping them less than 1km from the ship.

I know its only a computer game but I don't see how thay can dive like a dive bomber and drop the torps this close to land etc

torpedo bombers would surely have to be in level fight (eg torpedo run) before being able to drop their torps?

1,923 posts
4,018 battles

just wondering what players think about torpedo bombers flying over high land and then being able to drop their torps so close to the islands like in the attached photo????

as they can drop them so close to the land means that the ship has no chance in turning to miss the torpehistorical.

in the photo its about 1km (0.9km) to the land from my ship so they are dropping them less than 1km from the ship.

I know its only a computer game but I don't see how thay can dive like a dive bomber and drop the torps this close to land etc

torpedo bombers would surely have to be in level fight (eg torpedo run) before being able to drop their torps?

Yup you are right Torpedo bomber require to maintain level on the flight and the altitude to make a run however this game is different i been seeing Torpedo bomber could make a run just by circling around and drop it then flew off or drop it on a island and flew off cause this game is still on beta i guess if not let said too not historical.
Edited by davud1537

Alpha Tester
2,150 posts
486 battles

Looking at the photo. 

You weren't even turning or attempting to turn at all 

Here I was thinking the question was about the ability of TBs not to rip their wings off doing amazing manoeuvres over islands/mountains down to sea level for a torp drop.

Meanwhile, let's give yobbo some cr. Rather than ranting, he seems to have taken some constructive criticism on board and asked what others think of the particular issue that is bothering him. Can't be a bad thing, can it? So have a +1 from me (not that rep matters).

This particular one has been mentioned many times. The devs appear not to have put a 'minimum distance' around intervening terrain for torp drops, or if so it's so small it's next to useless.

The whole issue of balancing CVs, especially TBs, is a moving feast. The last stats we saw on this server suggested they've not yet done it well, with a CV topping every single tier in which they're available in terms of average damage per battle. Often it's both CVs on top, and the gap from the top one to the next highest scoring ship can be 40-60%. Seems a problem to me, frankly.

Edited by Steeltrap

1,923 posts
4,018 battles

WG notice this, but dont think programming the mechanic is easy

It takes time but from the last thing i know is WG Devs are adding more effect on the ship details, the ship explosions and also the visual effect last but not least they making the game more to Cinematic effect.

Alpha Tester
2,150 posts
486 battles

WG notice this, but dont think programming the mechanic is easy

Surely they can put a "you can't manual drop in this zone around terrain" in there? You can't do it ON the terrain, so one would wonder if they can simply extend the collision model for planes only, for example.

[SGC]
Super Tester
1,459 posts
6,811 battles

Good quote sadly still it the fate for his warspite to eat those torps.

Aye but surely you can minimalise the damage taken? Especially in a BB. He could have dodged 1 or 2 torps. Thats potentially 15k worth of HP he could have saved. HP that could help survive and rekt the enemy. 

Edited by Deathskyz

Alpha Tester
6,604 posts
2,477 battles

^to you

You cant do it near a terain even if the terain is just a flat island???

There will be bugs, as what happen to strafing system

I prefer they bring Altitude system, so the Horizontal speed of the squadron will change when crossing the mountain or hill

(I even proposed the AAW to follow this system, so attacking dive bomber have better survivalbility)

1,923 posts
4,018 battles

^to you

You cant do it near a terain even if the terain is just a flat island???

There will be bugs, as what happen to strafing system

I prefer they bring Altitude system, so the Horizontal speed of the squadron will change when crossing the mountain or hill

(I even proposed the AAW to follow this system, so attacking dive bomber have better survivalbility)

Argree i wish there Altitude system so aircraft can raise or decrease their altitude but dropping torps from a terrian hmmm too insane but possible for the aircrafts to have a level of altitude to drop their torps so if too high the torps detonate on the water if too low the torps and aircraft fail hmmmmm i guess much of the CV Commanders going to be ranting....

Beta Tester
1,566 posts
12,938 battles

Why do I have the feeling you tunnel visioned on that CL until it was too late to respond to torpedo bombers that prolly were spotted for far longer?

Anyway, how I feel about torpedo bombers~

well no, I seen the torp bombers, watched them fly from the north then go south and then come back up over the land and then torp me. that's why I got close to the land thinking they wouldn't be able to drop them so close to the land and if they did I would get a screen shot.

so no I wasn't tunnel visioned on the CL im not no noob player I know I have a mini map ok and you cant turn into the land cuz u then stop and become a sitting target.

Beta Tester
1,566 posts
12,938 battles

They are dropping it like 300m off your port bow FYI.

#RemoveManualDrop :popcorn:

I just think they shouldn't be able to drop them so close to land. I got no problem with manual torp drop but there should be some limit as to how close they can do it to land it should be in open water only not be able to fly over a very high land mass drive down like a drive bomber and then drop them so close to the islands

Beta Tester
1,566 posts
12,938 battles

Looking at the photo.

You weren't even turning or attempting to turn at all

the reason why I didn't turn was to high light the torp bombers diving over land to drop torps so close to the island and even if I did turn I still would of been hit by the torps either way I was dead.

1,923 posts
4,018 battles

I just think they shouldn't be able to drop them so close to land. I got no problem with manual torp drop but there should be some limit as to how close they can do it to land it should be in open water only not be able to fly over a very high land mass drive down like a drive bomber and then drop them so close to the islands

This game is still in beta maybe in the futute we will get to see Torpedo bombers dropping torps at a certian altitude if too high=torps detonated in water or too low=crash. For dive bombers let said if too steep then crash to ships perhaps??? But sincerely wish the aircraft implement the altitude flight system.

Beta Tester
682 posts
4,757 battles

ha! this is nothing .. I even find few time they drop torp in the narrow middle gap in two brothers ... and look how high the mountain is, plane just fly above them and drop it from there ....

Beta Tester
1,566 posts
12,938 battles

Here I was thinking the question was about the ability of TBs not to rip their wings off doing amazing manoeuvres over islands/mountains down to sea level for a torp drop.

Meanwhile, let's give yobbo some cr. Rather than ranting, he seems to have taken some constructive criticism on board and asked what others think of the particular issue that is bothering him. Can't be a bad thing, can it? So have a +1 from me (not that rep matters).

This particular one has been mentioned many times. The devs appear not to have put a 'minimum distance' around intervening terrain for torp drops, or if so it's so small it's next to useless.

The whole issue of balancing CVs, especially TBs, is a moving feast. The last stats we saw on this server suggested they've not yet done it well, with a CV topping every single tier in which they're available in terms of average damage per battle. Often it's both CVs on top, and the gap from the top one to the next highest scoring ship can be 40-60%. Seems a problem to me, frankly.

thank you steeltrap :honoring:

I understand that having the means to be able to kill ships  quickly in the game is necessary other wise u end up with a lot of draws and the CV help to stop the high numbers of draws. it is the fact the TBs can fly as tho they are in outer space with no restrictions etc and just diving and letting torps go when not in level fight is just so wrong . but its just the fact they let them drop them so close to land, in my eyes is not right and needs to be fixed

and yes it is about the TBs and yes I do know how to miss torps when fired at me. but in this case I didn't turn to high light what I think is small problem.

Beta Tester
1,566 posts
12,938 battles

ha! this is nothing .. I even find few time they drop torp in the narrow middle gap in two brothers ... and look how high the mountain is, plane just fly above them and drop it from there ....

yes I have seen that as well and makes u wonder how an aircraft can fly like that and im not talking about the torps running north/south they are dropping them east/west

those hills are very high and it a small gap as well but to drop them east/west shouldn't be allowed to happen

1,923 posts
4,018 battles

yes I have seen that as well and makes u wonder how an aircraft can fly like that and im not talking about the torps running north/south they are dropping them east/west

those hills are very high and it a small gap as well but to drop them east/west shouldn't be allowed to happen

One thing is clear this game still in beta a lot of things need to be fixed so i guess until it fixed let sux it up and endure this kind of torpings.

Beta Tester
1,566 posts
12,938 battles

One thing is clear this game still in beta a lot of things need to be fixed so i guess until it fixed let sux it up and endure this kind of torpings.

well as of tomorrow the game goes live no more beta

Sign in to follow this