JollyGood

consumables confusion (still)

17 comments in this topic

62 posts
1,454 battles

firefighting, spotter planes etc. if i set too 'auto refill' and there are, say,  4 goes with the spotter plane and I only use 2 does it just replace 2 or the whole 4?

ST Coordinator
2,325 posts
2,196 battles

Auto Refill is only applicable for Premium Consumables (Those that cost credits or doubloons to mount). Those consumables, regardless if used or not, will be refilled at the end of battle. Free consumables (default) will not cost anything either used or not.

Edited by Windforce

62 posts
1,454 battles

My God they refill even if you DO NOT use them?  that's outrageous - in WoT if they are not used they don't get refilled

surely this is not right?  charged even if not spent?

Senior Moderator
4,798 posts
1,924 battles

I still dont understand - you pay for them even is you dont use them?  that cant be right

they are paid for like food consumables in WoT - they are consumed EVERY battle.

62 posts
1,454 battles

they are paid for like food consumables in WoT - they are consumed EVERY battle.

not same - question UNANSWERED - in WoT consumables are used every game but do not have MULTIPLE applications

I am asking - IF 1 of 4 applications are used does the FULL consumable get refilled at FULL cost or just that which is used? 

ST Coordinator
2,325 posts
2,196 battles

not same - question UNANSWERED - in WoT consumables are used every game but do not have MULTIPLE applications

I am asking - IF 1 of 4 applications are used does the FULL consumable get refilled at FULL cost or just that which is used? 

Full cost.

Even if u used 0 out of 4, it still cost the full stated price to refill.

Example 25,000 credits to refill "Drop Anchor II"

You have 4 charges of it.

• You did not use any in battle : refill cost 25,000
  • You only used one : refill cost 25,000
  • You only used two : refill cost 25,000
  • You only used three : refill cost 25,000
  • You used all four : refill cost 25,000

62 posts
1,454 battles

Full cost.

Even if u used 0 out of 4, it still cost the full stated price to refill.

Example 25,000 credits to refill "Drop Anchor II"

You have 4 charges of it.

• You did not use any in battle : refill cost 25,000
  • You only used one : refill cost 25,000
  • You only used two : refill cost 25,000
  • You only used three : refill cost 25,000
  • You used all four : refill cost 25,000

but why not same policy as WoT?   you buy repair and do NOT use it you obviously do NOT pay for it - this policy is REALLY bad

Already in Alpha Testers
300 posts
938 battles

but why not same policy as WoT?   you buy repair and do NOT use it you obviously do NOT pay for it - this policy is REALLY bad

More fundamentally premium consumables are not at all good at the moment and the fact that no depot is currently implemented may mean there are reasons why WG are using this system.

WG have developed the flag system and these seem a bit more analogous to the consumables of WoT but again they are one-shot wonders.

Senior Moderator
4,798 posts
1,924 battles

OK simple answer to the simple question.

You replenish  ALL consumables (Flags, "upgrades" and cammo) after every battle if you have stock available and have selected to automatically replenish.

You don't like it - use the free/default ones, don't hit the enable button to automatically replenish, it's up to you.

69 posts
2,225 battles

Comment of similar nature to the OP. I added an extra repair party in a battle & used 1 repair. At the conclusion of battle, it stated the extra repair was demounted. To add one again, I was going to be slugged another 25k. So I guess the game used my extra repair first. Sucks if that is the case. The game should use the free consumables first & then any extra ones, if purchased.

I won't buy any extras any more until this changes or I think I'll use all consumables. Waste of money otherwise.

[SGC]
Super Tester
1,459 posts
6,801 battles

Comment of similar nature to the OP. I added an extra repair party in a battle & used 1 repair. At the conclusion of battle, it stated the extra repair was demounted. To add one again, I was going to be slugged another 25k. So I guess the game used my extra repair first. Sucks if that is the case. The game should use the free consumables first & then any extra ones, if purchased.

I won't buy any extras any more until this changes or I think I'll use all consumables. Waste of money otherwise.

Please dont be in my team.

I need people to fix their HP and put out fires faster. Cant afford that to cost me a win.

[BLUMR]
1,134 posts
1,377 battles

When you purchase the premium consumable (the one that cost 25k not the free one) it replaces your normal consumable for a single match, so in this case your Damage Repair Party 1 becomes Damage Repair Party 2.

The only difference IIRC, is that DRP 2 has a shorter cooldown compared to DRP1 not an extra charge, the only way to get an extra charge is via the Superintendent Captain Skill.