Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
jfoytek

Frustrated with Wargaming

64 comments in this topic

11 posts
531 battles

So I have been a player around wargaming since beta of World of Tanks and I should be use to the NERF stick but I am not!!!

I swear my entire Harbor got nerfed, IJN CV's my favorite ship's the IJN DD's got mega nerfed and yet the Cleveland is still sailing around sinking crap at will (Not in my Harbor) and mysteriously not nerfed....

Even my Wyoming got hit with a nerf?!?  

Warships without German and British ship lines was already rapidly getting boring for me but the silly needless game balancing has pretty much eliminated any chance of my Re-Prem'ng any time soon!

And yes I am whinging, and I am sure someone will say something along the lines of good the game is better off without you, but wargaming please stop nerfing my stuff I work hard to get the good vehicles because they ARE good, not so I can get them and have them trashed by your game balancing adjustments!!!  Its okay for some ships to be better, like the Cleveland, for instance and when you nerf popular ships that perform well your only upsetting large chunks of your playerbase when you do it!...

Secondly the IJN DD's were not doing well because they were OP, they were doing well because good players played them well, if you really think they were so Over Powered then I want to see one of your game developers play one and sink me sailing a zig zag pattern changing speeds at 7K with a torp at will.....  That just wasnt ever the case....  hitting things at 7K with torps is easier said then done,  and now that the max range of the torps has been shrunk and I am easier to see well I am nearly as usefull as an American DD but hey they can atleast become AA plateforms, and they atleast have guns to sink other DD's with! Plus the extra smoke buff's you gave em....  

You could have just left the IJN DD's alone and buffed the American DD's that would have been just fine but no you always go to far in an extreme!!!  

I should be excited about Warships and getting into the Ranked battles, but no, you can't leave well enough alone you always have to nerf stuff.... 

As a Tier 5 IJN DD I had a very limited role that took patience and methodical play.

I did not excel at DD on DD action thats an American DD thing they have the guns for that....  

I did not excel at AA lol....  

No the one thing I had was come to 7K launch torps with an extremely large amount of lead that took many games to master and even then rarely hit because no one drives a straight line!!!

But because me and others used the ship to the best of its ability, (meaning we got lucky every now and then, launch enough torps something will eventually hit) and we made sure not to get closer then 7K so we didnt get spotted we should be punished with a nerf....  Any Carrier with half a brain could effectively remove our threat by putting a plane over our head....  Everyone and there mother targets a DD before anything else even if its 20K from them on the other side of an island...  

But yeah obviously we were over powered....  I contend that the IJN DD WAS just right... and your nerf took a viable ship and tossed it into the gutter...  Sure you can still get some kill's in it if you play it like an American DD but if I wanted to do that I would have leveled up the american DD line!  

Anway rant off, and yes this angry rant is a few weeks after the fact thats how long I have been spewing and REFUSING to play warships... because of it...

Beta Tester
2,718 posts
1,988 battles

Heh, I worked hard to my WT auf E100 as well and they nerf it 3 days later. Because it is OP as hell. And I really can't complain about it.

I am assuming you are on the Minekaze. Don't you think spamming 10km Torp at people not quite yet had the sense to dodge Torpedo Balanced?

In fact, the Gun buff to it is pretty nice and the 7km Torpedo is more than usable. You played the Izokaze to get to the Minekaze right?

IJN Carrier? Do you really think they don't need a nerf?

Cleveland used to have 6 4x Bofors. And it's Upgraded gun had something like traversing 180 degrees in 25 seconds. And it's Velocity and Arc used to much much better.

You must not had played it back then.

Also, FINALLY, someone whine about WG is USN Biased instead of IJN Biased, lol. :D

Edited by Alvin1020

Alpha Tester
372 posts
715 battles

Man I understand your situation but we'll WG have to cuz some ships can't be OP well maybe is just your unluckiness got I can't help it is WG XD

1,054 posts
3,918 battles

Nice rant....but that's how it rolls in WG games. I'm sure you know since you played WOT since beta. If you can't accept iy, then there's really only one way to show your dissatisfaction. Closing your wallet.... However many more will continue spending cash on this game (and WoT), like it or not.

4,163 posts
1,874 battles

Nice rant....but that's how it rolls in WG games. I'm sure you know since you played WOT since beta. If you can't accept iy, then there's really only one way to show your dissatisfaction. Closing your wallet.... However many more will continue spending cash on this game (and WoT), like it or not.

Pretty much this. Ranting on the forums isn't going to do much.

1,923 posts
4,018 battles

Just another player got frustrated because of nerfing the IJN DD hmmmmmm what the point why don't just play another class of ship then why must you die die play IJN DD only there other class for you to play also you said you sux at AAing then why not learn how to be a good AA ship, there nothing wrong to learn new stuff why cause i been learning how to use naval tactics from the internet, wikipedia and finally some documentary videos then i can put a good use on them on this game. Of course this game could get frustrated due to blue lining aja border humper, TK, Noob team or MM fail. If you don't want to play this game there lot of other MMO games to play too...:honoring:

Super Tester
2,500 posts
1,535 battles

I'm wondering though, your current average damage is 20k on the Minekaze.

So unless you've played most of your battles in it post-patch you didn't lose a lot of average damage there.

So I'm wondering what average damage you're getting now, post nerf.

Alpha Tester
6,604 posts
2,477 battles

To tired to read, please nerf the text

With my all seriousness, do you even think why we have tier system,

It is to balance the power of the vehicles each tier so you wont face Maus or IS-7 with a Pz. IV

So, WG have 3 option if there is OP ship in the game

- Nerf it (most often)

- Buff everything else

- Promote it to the next tier (this is what WG planed for Cleveland)

1,054 posts
3,918 battles

Hmmmm.....could be OP was too comfortable using the 10km torps on minekaze, retia. 

I've always used the 7km torps on minekaze and didn't feel much different after the nerf post 4.1. Heck, I've never played minekaze with 10km torps before. I like living close to the edge, that's how I muster 37k average damage on minekaze.

Super Tester
1,634 posts
4,639 battles

I've always used the 7km torps on minekaze and didn't feel much different after the nerf post 4.1. Heck, I've never played minekaze with 10km torps before. I like living close to the edge, that's how I muster 37k average damage on minekaze.

*laughs with his 54k average damage on his Minekaze with almost exclusive use of the 10 km torpedoes*

Beta Tester
682 posts
4,757 battles

It just a plan for make ppls go play another ship .. not just stay on single OP ship ....
Like in WoT .. when first T57 HT come to live server .. it clearly OP, I see that but WG say they will not nerf it, and when lots of ppls got this tank cas it OP now WG reconsiderate ti  and then nerf it .... happen to most of new tank in WoT now, come out so OP and then nerf it later to make ppls move from one to another

.... you can say WG do this to make ppls play more tank but another is to balancing the game,

Super Tester
2,500 posts
1,535 battles

Hmmmm.....could be OP was too comfortable using the 10km torps on minekaze, retia.

Hence why I used the phrase:

"So unless you've played most of your battles in it post-patch you didn't lose a lot of average damage there."

So theorising that the OP didn't play 30 of his 44 Minekaze battles post-nerf, the effective loss of average damage can't be higher

than 2.000-4.000.

So a total of ~25k average damage tops.

Just to put this back into perspective here's what the OP wrote:

...my favorite ship's the IJN DD's got mega nerfed...

Secondly the IJN DD's were not doing well because they were OP, they were doing well because good players played them well,...

No the one thing I had was come to 7K launch torps with an extremely large amount of lead that took many games to master and even then rarely hit because no one drives a straight line!!!

But because me and others used the ship to the best of its ability, (meaning we got lucky every now and then, launch enough torps something will eventually hit) and...

You see, especially the highlighted parts amuse me greatly as someone who considers himself to be slightly worse than average.

Because... you know... the OP considers himself to be the reason for Minekaze's nerf and even goes as far as using words like "master".

Yet even if he played 30 of his 44 battles post-nerf and that pulled down his average damage... it would probably still be below mine. (45k)

I don't know about you, but me? I'm greatly amused by this. :popcorn:

Super Tester
1,634 posts
4,639 battles

To tired to read, please nerf the text

With my all seriousness, do you even think why we have tier system,

It is to balance the power of the vehicles each tier so you wont face Maus or IS-7 with a Pz. IV

So, WG have 3 option if there is OP ship in the game

- Nerf it (most often)

- Buff everything else

- Promote it to the next tier (this is what WG planed for Cleveland)

I posted something similar about the illusion that the next ship up the tier tree must be better than her predecessor in every way a la World of Tanks:

http://forum.worldofwarships.asia/index.php?/topic/9221-des-moines/page__pid__132138#entry132138

Alpha Tester
6,604 posts
2,477 battles

Statistic says all...

DD's generally UP

but for Cleveland and IJN CV? not that much

Edit:

Uh guys we better stop this

Edited by Harpoon01

1,054 posts
3,918 battles

I have no experience playing WOWs when I started OBT around 2 months ago....I was in noob mode up until 500 battles. Playing DD was just another yolo play, shoot torps beyond range and torpedoing friendlies....so it was a steep learning curve that I had to overcome.

I'm more a cruiser player now, and am gingerly dabbling into BBs and CVs. Still I find DDs the hardest to play.

1,196 posts
2,883 battles

The Noobnekze is not OP? Tell that to the ship's romulan cloak, amazing speed and OP torpedoes that kill a New York or a Kongo with 3-4 hits. Tier 5 is where most of the new players turn into veterans in dodging torps because of the mother****** Noobnekaze. No other DD have a K/D rate like the Noobnekaze. That was before the Nerf bat anyway. Minekaze is perfectly fine now, they are not getting something like 5kills/ match like before the patch which is completely ridiculous for a DD. And secondly I saw someone commented about CVs and all I am going to say is that you IJN players are spoiled. Every second US CVs in the tech tree up to tier 9 was under performing when compared to IJN CVs. I am happy to see that the IJN CVs finally received the Nerf bat that they deserved. Everything is finally balanced now. Thank god that WG finally fixed the game. BTW, tier 8-10 might still need a second look, some ships are not performing as well as they should be right now such as the Lexington

1,196 posts
2,883 battles

I have no experience playing WOWs when I started OBT around 2 months ago....I was in noob mode up until 500 battles. Playing DD was just another yolo play, shoot torps beyond range and torpedoing friendlies....so it was a steep learning curve that I had to overcome.

I'm more a cruiser player now, and am gingerly dabbling into BBs and CVs. Still I find DDs the hardest to play.

DD and CV is for pros, BB and CA is a bit easier to use

Sign in to follow this