You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
PGM991

If I swap commander back and forth, do I have to retraining everytime?

16 comments in this topic

1,126 posts

As topic said.

Right now commander of my minekaze are now learn 'last stand' skill, and all of us know that it's not easy to grind commander level to that extent.

question is,

when I buy hatsuharu, and swarp commander from minekaze to her, of cause i have to retaining him, and I willingly to pay for.

BUT!

once I retraining him for new ship (hatsuharu), If I swap him back to minekaze again..... do I have to retraining him again???

If not, then is good to hear,

If it is.... IT RIDICULOUS!!, this system if far to greedy. and doesn't make any sense!

Senior Moderator
4,798 posts
1,924 battles

Once you retrain for the next ship your commander has a frontal lobotomy and forgets everything he knew about his previous ship and has to be retrained again if you want to put him back into that ship.

Your commander can however jump into any premium ship of that nation to continue training in.

Alpha Tester
6,604 posts
2,477 battles

To be noted, if you recruit your Captain ON THE PREMIUM SHIP, retraining is still needed to be transfer to another ship

But other ship captain doesnt need to do retraining to captaining the premium ship

Beta Tester
1,825 posts
5,163 battles

Once you retrain for the next ship your commander has a frontal lobotomy and forgets everything he knew about his previous ship and has to be retrained again if you want to put him back into that ship.

Your commander can however jump into any premium ship of that nation to continue training in.

Okay... So we retrain him by smashing his head into a pole (or whack him with a bat) and make him lose his memory... Then throw him on another ship then say: "Yore the captain now".

1,923 posts
4,018 battles

Okay... So we retrain him by smashing his head into a pole (or whack him with a bat) and make him lose his memory... Then throw him on another ship then say: "Yore the captain now".

Jeez you look like sound so serious mate i am not going to do that to my Commander/Captain Pfffft.:(

Beta Tester
1,825 posts
5,163 battles

Jeez you look like sound so serious mate i am not going to do that to my Commander/Captain Pfffft.:(

Unfortunately... That's the way WG gets the job done. So much violence... We should boycott WG's products. :trollface:

[POI]
Super Tester
350 posts
3,601 battles

It's annoying really....Oh I want to play my Hatsuharu today but I have to retrain my DD captain from Kagero to Hatsuharu even if he was on it before... at least I can use the Premium ships to help retrain faster to new ship

Edited by Juan_23

Beta Tester
682 posts
4,757 battles

at least they not got penelize for tranfer .... in tank if you tranfer without using gold, the tank will drop they performance like the crew ...
and I thankful that they only 1 commander, not entire crew like WoT

Beta Tester
2,040 posts
1,326 battles

at least they not got penelize for tranfer .... in tank if you tranfer without using gold, the tank will drop they performance like the crew ...
and I thankful that they only 1 commander, not entire crew like WoT

There is a penalty, although it applies to skills only and not to performance of the actual crew.

In WoT they give penalty to performance of crew, but the skills are kept intact.

The thing about retraining in this game though, is that the retrain process takes much longer the more experienced your captain is. Sometimes when your captain has so many skill points it becomes too tedious to retrain for free or with credits that you might consider using 200 doubloon for the job. It's still much cheaper than WoT though.

[POI]
Super Tester
350 posts
3,601 battles

The thing about retraining in this game though, is that the retrain process takes much longer the more experienced your captain is. Sometimes when your captain has so many skill points it becomes too tedious to retrain for free or with credits that you might consider using 200 doubloon for the job. It's still much cheaper than WoT though.

Exactly I would hate to retrain a 15-19 skill Captain for free

55 posts
1,095 battles

More bullshit with this game a skipper learns on 1 ship gets promotoed and goes to a bigger ship Why cant this happen in this game You progress thru a tier with the same skipper Is how I think it should work