Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
yobbo1972

fog horn

17 comments in this topic

Beta Tester
1,566 posts
12,917 battles

hello not sure if this has been asked b4 or not but...

is there any chance you could add a fog horn to the ships so that players can use it if other players get to closer to each other???

as a fog horn would let players know that ships are really close to each other and thus adjust there steering or speed etc and hopefully not run into each other??

just wondering

thanks

4,163 posts
1,874 battles

After months of player requests, Planetside 2 finally implemented vehicle horns, and made it a premium item - for cash - to prevent everyone from getting their hands on it. Intended use was for players to honk at other vehicles in their way.

Less than a week later, players were begging for it to be taken out or for a method to turn off hearing it in-game.

Yeah, foghorns have been suggested before, but be very careful about what you're asking for...

Beta Tester
2,718 posts
1,988 battles

You know, it could be activated ONLY when there is, say Torpedo nearby.

Although there Definitely needs to be more warning to torpedoes for their pathetic HR....

Beta Tester
1,566 posts
12,917 battles

I guess u always going to get them players who will use it just cuz its there, but if they are busy aiming and trying to shoot ships then they wont use it just for the hell of it etc

maybe make it that so it  is only  active when ships are within 2km of a friendly ship then u can press a key to use it ?

but just like everything players will use it lots to start with until they get bored with it.

but ya right it wouldn't be easy cuz u always get players being total noobs

Alpha Tester
1,637 posts
7,230 battles

hello not sure if this has been asked b4 or not but...

is there any chance you could add a fog horn to the ships so that players can use it if other players get to closer to each other???

as a fog horn would let players know that ships are really close to each other and thus adjust there steering or speed etc and hopefully not run into each other??

just wondering

thanks

Rather than relying on a sound signal to avoid collision, just open your eyes.

Beta Tester
1,566 posts
12,917 battles

Rather than relying on a sound signal to avoid collision, just open your eyes.

well yeah my eyes are open its the other players im worried about

im not no noob player ok I use the map and do look around my ship as well while im sailing around doing some fishing hey

Sign in to follow this