Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
da_vinzi

Travel Mode Gun Lock

7 comments in this topic

5 posts
978 battles

Right now we can lock guns into fixed point. Can we add an option to lock the guns into "travel mode" meaning the bow guns are locked in 0and the stern guns are locked on 180o? I believe this would be helpful for ships who have very slow gun traverse speed especially during those first few minutes of the game where you have no clue on where the enemy will pop out. This would reduce the time it would take to point all the guns to the enemy.

Not sure if there was an earlier post about this. If there is, forgive me for reposting.

Super Tester
1,634 posts
4,639 battles

It was thrown around, but in the end it was not implemented, since it would...actually, I don't remember!

I think it was because experienced players would gain too big a benefit. Or it was too complicated for the rank and file. Or a bit of both. Or some other reason I can't remember. Perhaps it was just too small a change that needed the developers' attention right now (that actually sounds like it is the reason).

Edited by Haku

13 posts
615 battles

But is it actually necessary at this point in time?

One word: Yes.

And it's because of a number of reasons. Firstly, guns should be always on the ready to shoot anyone at the most minimal time possible. Secondly, obsessive-compulsive players would be disappointed to see their turrets in a degree not divisible by 10. And thirdly, because why not? It looks cool, dashing, and was realistically done by any ship.

5 posts
978 battles

It was thrown around, but in the end it was not implemented, since it would...actually, I don't remember!

I think it was because experienced players would gain too big a benefit. Or it was too complicated for the rank and file. Or a bit of both. Or some other reason I can't remember. Perhaps it was just too small a change that needed the developers' attention right now (that actually sounds like it is the reason).

I don't think it would be of a great advantage since it wouldn't change the traverse speed of the guns and their accuracy, besides, realistically speaking, ships only bring about their guns when they the enemy's bearing. This would have little effect for cruisers and destroyers (since they can pretty much turn their guns in a pinch) it would be of help to battleships since their gun traverse are horrible.

Sign in to follow this