Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
yanyatcheng

cleveland OP they said

35 comments in this topic

295 posts
501 battles

vs tier 7-8 BB:

damage--- 0..... 780....0.........0............0.......... (aim at super-structure, than try hull)

no damage at all firing HE, and they said cleveland is OP, LMAO, it's only OP when she is facing CL/Hs and low tier BBs

IDK how you guys manage to make them OP, feel free to share your tactics to make them good when facing high tier BBs

Edited by yanyatcheng

1,054 posts
3,918 battles

Use plunging fire to your advantage. U must hit the deck or superstructure to do good damage. Don't aim at hull like what others said.

Super Tester
1,634 posts
4,639 battles

my Aoba owned two Cheatlands yesterday night. I citadel'd one twice at 8 km range, and torped the other at 9 km range. :teethhappy:

9 km range? :amazed:

Beta Tester
506 posts
1,386 battles

I was as surprised as you i hit him. One spread only, i couldn't fire the torps on the other side since i was engaging the other Cleveland. :teethhappy:

Alpha Tester
1,638 posts
7,230 battles

I engage ships with my cleveland head on if I can. It presents a smaller target for the enemy to shoot at, and nice armor angle. When BBs are reloading that is when I can put the helm over so as to use all my guns in a broadside.

Beta Tester
2,040 posts
1,326 battles

Even OP ships can fail in the hand of inexperienced captains.

Likewise, even UP ships can become OP in the hand of good captains.

It's mostly about who in charge of the ship, but Cleveland is one of few that even average captains cap make it OP.

1,923 posts
4,018 battles

vs tier 7-8 BB:

damage--- 0..... 780....0.........0............0.......... (aim at super-structure, than try hull)

no damage at all firing HE, and they said cleveland is OP, LMAO, it's only OP when she is facing CL/Hs and low tier BBs

IDK how you guys manage to make them OP, feel free to share your tactics to make them good when facing high tier BBs

You want OP??? It easy just spam HE on CV,BB.DD or CA then AP on CL especially IJN Tenryu, IJN Kuma, IJN Aoba, USS.Phoenix, USS.Omaha. You could also counter Cleveland by Citadel them also tried it before. If not you can be me just spam HE on those BB... just let them be BBQ... :izmena:

1,126 posts

when I see cleveland.... I ran as fast as I could, your gun going to rip me into pieces.

ps. I'm driving tier 6 DD mutsuki, same tier but no way in hell I can up against your machine gun.

my torp?, deadly but super easy to dodge.

your gun?, deadly and super hard to dodge.

few shot can knock my engine, rudder or halve my HP

if you ask why I let myself got spot by you in the fist place? no, I got spot by your fellow DD or plane, and shell fly to me from all over the damn place. 

against bigger ship, you burn him to crisp, against small ship, you rip them to shred, against same ship, you fight toe to toe.

anyway, I don't want your cleaveland to be nerf or anything, you good as you are, it's just that your my natural predator and I have to stay clear of your way, that's all

Edited by PGM991

1,054 posts
3,918 battles

Cleveland is only really effective when engaging at 10km or below range....because of the really high arc and snail like shell velocity. I get the best results when I'm brawling at that range.

Alpha Tester
6,604 posts
2,477 battles

Cleveland is only really effective when engaging at 10km or below range....because of the really high arc and snail like shell velocity. I get the best results when I'm brawling at that range.

not really when targeting anything slower than Cruiser

She got Flamewerfer..

195 posts
356 battles

I hope it's worth it... I'm at the Omaha (only got the fire control system and the B hull so far) and I am loving it. Hope the Cleveland is worh it if what everyone is saying about it is true.

1,923 posts
4,018 battles

One thing Cleveland is good at you can harass a BB, Just BBQ them if not I prefer BBQ the CV. :izmena:

1,054 posts
3,918 battles

not really when targeting anything slower than Cruiser

She got Flamewerfer..

One thing Cleveland is good at you can harass a BB, Just BBQ them if not I prefer BBQ the CV. :izmena:

i am bad at shooting....

Maybe I'm getting spoilt by the 17.63km shooting range that I have on my Cleveland now that I am sniping more than I should. And I'm not enjoying Cleveland anymore after getting the tier 8 mogami. I'm getting my HE spam fix from mogami now.

But still my best results have been when I am brawling instead of sniping. 

Edited by Spawnster

1,923 posts
4,018 battles

i am bad at shooting....

Maybe I'm getting spoilt by the 17.63km shooting range that I have on my Cleveland now that I am sniping more than I should. And I'm not enjoying Cleveland anymore after getting the tier 8 mogami. I'm getting my HE spam fix from mogami now.

But still my best results have been when I am brawling instead of sniping.

Lol that the maximum range for BB USS.New.Mexico but who care as I said see anyone just BBQ it.... :izmena:

4,163 posts
1,874 battles

I hope it's worth it... I'm at the Omaha (only got the fire control system and the B hull so far) and I am loving it. Hope the Cleveland is worh it if what everyone is saying about it is true.

Considering people are saying that the Cleveland is literally the most overpowered ship in the game due to its HE spam...yeah, I'd say its worth it.

195 posts
356 battles

The Cleveland isn't actually OP; the HE is. Nerf the fire chance that the Cleveland has (i.e. Chance to set other ships on fire, lower it), and buff the shell velocity. Then it'd be about right on perfect.

84 posts
4,438 battles

Cleveland isn't OP, it' just most people doesn't know how to fight it, cleveland got 14 sec flight time with high angle at 14km. at that range you could almost every shot from him is you are playing cruiser or destroyer. cleveland have big problem fighting 8" cruiser past 11km but she'll eat them alive when fighting at 5-8km 

[151ST]
1,014 posts
4,526 battles

Cleveland is just OP compared to a few different ships around her tier...
Probs best bet would be a Range nerf...
She is a beastly AA ship, I would simply question - - - Why allow her to be amazing at 2 things?

I know Furu/Aoba has 10km torps, bet lets be honest they're at best a deterrent to an avenue of approach or an emergency button. We use them, we don't expect hits...

Aoba isn't bad, but still get eaten by Cleves at any range (absolutely horrid at mid range - constant multiple fires/engine/rudder gone)

The Atlanta is fine for tier due to her range, Cleveland just needs a tweak to match, reduce her range under that of the 203mm tier 5, so about 11-12km (currently 14.6km - which is amazing considering an Aoba with much reduced RoF/turret turn is just under 15km) or reduce her RoF.

Simplez

Edited by S4pp3R

1,923 posts
4,018 battles

Cleveland isn't OP, it' just most people doesn't know how to fight it, cleveland got 14 sec flight time with high angle at 14km. at that range you could almost every shot from him is you are playing cruiser or destroyer. cleveland have big problem fighting 8" cruiser past 11km but she'll eat them alive when fighting at 5-8km 

Are you sure is not OP Cleveland were design to be a Anti-Aircraft ship and Anti-DD as well the 4x3 6" caliber guns is good for long range to harass enemy BB or CV by using HE also even by vsing a tier 7/8 with 8" caliber guns Cleveland could still dodge it by manuver it so i doubt a 8" caliber guns would eat Cleveland alive why cause i sunk a Baltimore before with this and BTW It depend how the Commander [user] play, how to use the tactics and his styles.

Cleveland is just OP compared to a few different ships around her tier...

Probs best bet would be a Range nerf...

She is a beastly AA ship, I would simply question - - - Why allow her to be amazing at 2 things?

I know Furu/Aoba has 10km torps, bet lets be honest they're at best a deterrent to an avenue of approach or an emergency button. We use them, we don't expect hits...

Aoba isn't bad, but still get eaten by Cleves at any range (absolutely horrid at mid range - constant multiple fires/engine/rudder gone)

The Atlanta is fine for tier due to her range, Cleveland just needs a tweak to match, reduce her range under that of the 203mm tier 5, so about 11-12km (currently 14.6km - which is amazing considering an Aoba with much reduced RoF/turret turn is just under 15km) or reduce her RoF.

Simplez

If Cleveland vs a Omaha, Furutaka, Aoba, Myoko, Pensacola in CQB Cleveland will still win by spamming AP on them so speaking of Atlanta depend how the Commander [user] play, tacitcs and his styles if he play well he could sunk the Atlanta by spamming AP hmmm i sunk Atlanta before with my Cleveland by just 3 salvo of AP shells on it with the range of 6km+.

[151ST]
1,014 posts
4,526 battles

If Cleveland vs a Omaha, Furutaka, Aoba, Myoko, Pensacola in CQB Cleveland will still win by spamming AP on them so speaking of Atlanta depend how the Commander [user] play, tacitcs and his styles if he play well he could sunk the Atlanta by spamming AP hmmm i sunk Atlanta before with my Cleveland by just 3 salvo of AP shells on it with the range of 6km+.

Closer range - not so sure... 203mm AP barrage on her citadel rips her apart + torps to give her something to think about. It basically comes down to can the 203s hit the Cleve...

My tactic against the Cleveland is often like this ('Oh look there's a Cleveland going into the islands...')

I'm in Furu/Aoba/Myoko

1. Pre-prepare 203mm direction,

2. make sure AP and torps are loaded

3. pop out from behind island

4. ideally fire torps first

5. AP barrage

6. Turn away to avoid 1st barrage, fire torps (rear-section tubes) wide spread to give her something to think about.

7. Turn broadside to Cleveland, Fire...

Rinse-Repeat. If you are missing AP rounds at that range (and I do) you can only blame yourself. If you are a bad aim, stagger your shells and hope you survive long enough to whittle him down.

So yeah, at least a range nerf, and maybe a RoF nerf. As for tier, people will pick a Cleveland for her AA alone.

Sign in to follow this