jchen8792

How many skill points can a ship's captain get?

10 comments in this topic

423 posts
3,175 battles

I got a rather silly question...

How many skill points can a ship's captain accumulate? The maximum amount of it?

Thanks for answering this kinda dumb question...

Edited by jchen8792

[SIF]
Senior Moderator
2,562 posts

System is suppose to be 20, but 19 seems to be the most. also not sure on how many skills a captain can now have due to the changes to skills

Beta Tester
2,040 posts
1,326 battles

7 skills at max. And unknown number of skill points.

I'm sure you can get more than 7 skills, but only 19 points.

That last point, the 19th one, takes about 1 million exp to get, which is practically impossible for most players.

18 is the practical most anyone can get out of a captain.

Beta Tester
2,040 posts
1,326 battles

... a million...

And let's not forget, to get 17 skill points you already needed more than 1 million exp on your captain (not count retrain exp). 

http://wiki.wargaming.net/en/Crew_(WoWS)

Generally, if there's a 5th level skill I wanted to get, I'd rush straight for it since getting each skill point later on is much much harder. Though, in most cases other than CV I don't get any lv5 skill at all, so that I can distribute the points to multiple lower level skills, since they are just as important to have but easier to get.

I'd advise you to do the same, since lv5 skills (other than that specific one for CV) is not really that worth the grind.

[LLBC]
Super Tester
750 posts
3,309 battles

That last point, the 19th one, takes about 1 million exp to get, which is practically impossible for most players.

Ok, to set a few things straight from someone who has personally tested this.:

1. The 19th skill point is actually 10 million XP (9999999 XP to be exact) to train

2. you can theoretically train a maximum of 11 captain skills simultaneously (5x T1, 4x T2 & 2x T3 = 19 skill points) - I myself have tested up to 10 skills simultaneously

168 posts
5,663 battles

And let's not forget, to get 17 skill points you already needed more than 1 million exp on your captain (not count retrain exp). 

http://wiki.wargaming.net/en/Crew_(WoWS)

Generally, if there's a 5th level skill I wanted to get, I'd rush straight for it since getting each skill point later on is much much harder. Though, in most cases other than CV I don't get any lv5 skill at all, so that I can distribute the points to multiple lower level skills, since they are just as important to have but easier to get.

I'd advise you to do the same, since lv5 skills (other than that specific one for CV) is not really that worth the grind.

You wouldn't take the level 5 stealth skill for Destroyers?

[SIF]
Senior Moderator
2,562 posts

You would need to earn 15 skill points just to get it, and there are other skills that would work better as you grind the line.

Would look at level5 skill after making tier 10 and retraining the captain to fully match the ship.