Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
_WMD_

Unified WOT Gold with WOWS Bourbans

28 comments in this topic

6 posts
754 battles

So after googling this question about WOT Gold almost all forums with this topic have response of that after Open Beta, World of tank gold will be unified with Warships

Can someone confirm this ?

Any idea when this will happen on SEA ?

Sitting on 16k gold in WOT and need to buy ship slots very soon

Super Tester
1,634 posts
4,639 battles

I'd definitely like this, but with free XP too. I have a vested interest (600k free XP) in it.

[SIF]
Senior Moderator
2,563 posts

At some time it MAY happen for Gold, all indications so far is that Free XP will not be unified (as with all things, this is subject to change)

Beta Tester
1,825 posts
5,175 battles

At some time it MAY happen for Gold, all indications so far is that Free XP will not be unified (as with all things, this is subject to change)

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Beta Tester
2,040 posts
1,326 battles

Fine with me, because we don't want people from WoT to jump to tier8-10 ships with no experience beforehand. 

Well, atleast it's not as bad as letting people with 0 battles of both games jumping to tier8 battles by buying an Atago or Tirpitz. :hiding:

Alpha Tester
392 posts

But WoWP has unified free XP. WoWS doesn't? All my hard earned WoT free xp just for this occasion... ='(

Alpha Tester
512 posts
308 battles

WG is getting greedier, no real surprises there.

The economy of WoWP works similar to WoT, that's not the case for WoWS though.

The exp requirements are similar enough, so while the credit economy would be totally incompatible, exp is not really an issue.

Fine with me, because we don't want people from WoT to jump to tier8-10 ships with no experience beforehand. 

Don't know what'd be stopping them other than bad sentiments towards WG, they could simply buy wows gold from the wows giftshop, and then free exp up there using the exp they got from playing their <insert high tier premium boats here>, so again, not really something that could serve as anything other than a convenient excuse for not doing it.

biased, as NEVER played Tanks so NO NO NO

If you don't understand the issue at hand then why make a comment? I know plenty of people who have stuff they spent money on sitting unused in their wot account, waiting for WG to do what they said they'd do months ago, given it was real money that was used, I see no reason why it shouldn't happen, unless of course I was a WG shareholder with a vested interest in getting people to spend as much money as possible.

6 posts
754 battles

..... Was expecting gold unified within a few months after launch given that WG had announced unified accounts for WOT, WOWP and WOWS

Most people said with WOWP unified free-exp, gold and premium the same would be the case for WOWS.

I suspect given that Putin annexed crimea, and the ruble tanked along with the Russian economy WG plans to unify WOWS is going to be delayed.

Really Disappointing

I have close to 1 Mil free exp in WOT

Not to mention 16k gold

Edited by _WMD_

Super Tester
509 posts

It will be a nice surprise for the Sept 17th launch. After all what else can they do for the launch event since the game is already basically launched as they are happy to take peoples money and there will be no more wipes. Perhaps they will unlock the next tech tree for launch?

1,054 posts
3,918 battles

I have just been credited 7500 gold in WOT that I can't use in WOWS except for premium time. Pls unify Gold and doubloons asap. That is all.

Edited by Spawnster

[SIF]
Senior Moderator
2,563 posts

as I said, Gold may happen (about 95% chance of going ahead, indicator will be Dablooms will start being called gold), but free xp is a problem. WoWS works free xp out differently to the other two games, so some type of conversion factor will need to be applied. ATM WG are working on getting Countries and ships into the game, so very little dev time left for this problem. 

Will it always be a problem - probably not. maybe a year or so down the track, it would not surprise me to see Free XP unified as well, but which time, you would have Clans available, Gold Unified as well as prem time, over 1/3 or more of the player base would be at tier 10 etc, so no real problems to finish the unification.

1,054 posts
3,918 battles

Understood Leng....I'm more concerned about the gold/doubloons unification. Don't care much about free XP as I have tons in WOWS and WOT. I don't normally convert free XP cos I'm a stickler for grinding the hard way.

[SIF]
Senior Moderator
2,563 posts

Gold unification would be no more then several weeks to 2 months away, even now in shop, its the same price for gold/blooms for both games. 5 days till the game is live, so maybe then, maybe shortly after. That would be good

[SIF]
Senior Moderator
2,563 posts

good question - I have no idea. I took the statement from a Dev, my best guess would be that its because we get a lot more per battle then WoT, but thats a guess.

I would think that WG will wait until player saturation at the tier 8/9/10 levels, and then introduce unification of Free XP. For most players, they will have already gotten to tier 10 in at least one country, may be more, so having all that free xp is not going to flood the system.  Newer players probably didn't play WoT in the first place, so they would have little to no Free XP to bring across anyway.

Will just have to wait and see what WG does, never know, they may surprise everyone and just unify everything 

[CLAY]
Alpha Tester
949 posts
5,652 battles

On December 10, 2013, Free Experience (XP) in World of Tanks and World of Warplanes becomes unified. This creates a further unified Wargaming.net account, along with the combined Premium account time and Gold. Thanks to this enhancement, tank commanders, pilots, and in the future, sailors will receive an easy-to-use, common service for the whole Wargaming war trilogy.

What is Free Experience, and what is it used for?

Free XP is earned during battles in World of Tanks and World of Warplanes, but it’s not connected to any specific tank or plane, and thus can be used to research any vehicle or module in either game.

After the battle, 5% of the XP received by player on either a ground vehicle or plane is automatically converted to Free XP. At the same time, all XP received on Elite or Premium vehicles can be converted into Free XP via spending Gold.

Having a certain amount of Free Experience allows a player to research and improve vehicles in World of Warplanes, World of Tanks, and, in the future, World of Warships. Thanks to Free XP, any battle machine can be equipped with top modules in an instant, thus allowing players to enjoy the best characteristics possible from the start of the first battle in that vehicle.

http://worldoftanks.com/en/news/17/free-exp-wot-wowp/?page=1

Sign in to follow this