Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
yobbo1972

Warspite set on fire

19 comments in this topic

Beta Tester
1,566 posts
12,917 battles

ok, since the update and since they "fixed" the Warspite and things work they way they are spose to work now, which is a good thing BUT.......

ive noticed since the update that the Warspite gets sets on fire more often, its really not funny at all and before the 4.1 update it never use to be set on fire as much as it does now and yes ive played enough games to know the difference from b4 the patch, compared to after the patch.

just about every time I get hit with HE shells, the Warspite gets set on fire and im not just talk about a single fire im talking about up to 3 fires, all the time and yes I use the repair and then guess what..... yep set on fire again with the very next HE shell that hits and yes then all 3 fires yet again, and no it never use to be this bad at all b4  the patch.

so have other players who use the warspite have this problem as well???

it really does suck when WG fix one thing on a ship only to counter it with something else Eg, more fires in this case.

Beta Tester
1,566 posts
12,917 battles

what ever they have done to the warspite they have totally screwed this ship up in a big way.

it is worse than   it has ever been and yes I just played another game in it and yes again set on fire with the first shell that hit me and yes once I repaired it, I then get 3 fires burning yet again on this ship and even tier 4 and 5 cruisers take the warspite apart with no effort at all.

Edited by yobbo1972

Beta Tester
1,566 posts
12,917 battles

sadly no I don't have replays on. but why would I make this up ???

and no its not a conspiracy theory either it what I have noticed playing this ship

just like back in WOT they went thru a faze were the is3 would lose its top all the time (ammo racked) and then the same thing happened to the T57 it also got ammo racked all the time after a patch just about every game I was in that had a t57 in it that t57 would get ammo racked and blow up.

[SGC]
Super Tester
1,459 posts
6,801 battles

In fact I think the Warspite needs a nerf.

I have one and played many battles and so its my observation that its overperforming

Edited by Deathskyz

Alpha Tester
392 posts

sadly no I don't have replays on. but why would I make this up ???

and no its not a conspiracy theory either it what I have noticed playing this ship

just like back in WOT they went thru a faze were the is3 would lose its top all the time (ammo racked) and then the same thing happened to the T57 it also got ammo racked all the time after a patch just about every game I was in that had a t57 in it that t57 would get ammo racked and blow up.

You must be having yet another bad day. Either post a replay or take a break to cool off.

Beta Tester
1,566 posts
12,917 battles

well I have noticed it does get set on fire a lot more than it did in the past. that's why im asking

those who wish to troll please go back under your bridge.

WG does have a habit of making changes to the game and not telling anyone about them changes, its called testing.

they do test different aspects of the game within the server and not tell players they have made that change.

Alpha Tester
2,150 posts
486 battles

well I have noticed it does get set on fire a lot more than it did in the past. that's why im asking

those who wish to troll please go back under your bridge.

You call it trolling, but the simple fact is this: you have presented NO EVIDENCE WHATSOEVER to support your assertion "it gets set on fire a lot more than it did".

For that to be certain you'd have to know how often it was set on fire before, and how often it is now, assuming equal hits from equal weapons. For it even to be possible you'd have to have some data of how often it was set on fire and how often it is now, even without knowing the weapons hitting it and the frequency of that.

Just because you say "I have a feeling" doesn't mean anything other than you have a feeling. It proves nothing.

Pointing that out is not trolling, it's encouraging you to gain a basis on which to make claims that is more rigorous than "I pulled this out of my xxxx".

I used to gather a LOT of numbers about MM before posting on it in WoT, something I did for nearly 4 YEARS. I could acknowledge the issues with the data, but at the same time argue a case based on the facts as they were for my own playing experience.

For every battle you have in the Warspite, or another tier 6 BB as comparison, have a piece of paper nearby. Every time you get set on fire, put a tick on the paper. At the end of the battle, note the time you died (as in the duration of the battle) and how often you were set on fire. Start putting that into an excel sheet.

In 30 battles for each, you'll start to see how comparable they are. You might also want to record what tier battle it is, as the relative tier of opponents might also affect how often they set you on fire (bigger/better weapons). Or if you get set on fire more often when top tier, that too would be interesting.

Regardless, if you want ever to be taken seriously, this is the sort of thing that is required. It's a PITA, and WG could present the info themselves easily enough, but it's the only way you'll ever be able to claim anything other than "I think this today".

Incidentally, one of the things I mentioned in Alpha I think was that it's a failure of their data presentation to players that you can't see how much damage your OWN ship took from fires. Whether that's to hide how ridiculously high it is on some ships is one possibility, lol, but I doubt it.

Cheers

Edited by Steeltrap

66 posts
11,447 battles

This poor guy can only assume. He has no proper data or facts to back up his statements.

So you can just /ignore whatever yobbo posts.

Yawnz, more ignorant players appearing randomly is just bad lol

Edited by Jehuty_v2

1,054 posts
3,918 battles

You call it trolling, but the simple fact is this: you have presented NO EVIDENCE WHATSOEVER to support your assertion "it gets set on fire a lot more than it did".

For that to be certain you'd have to know how often it was set on fire before, and how often it is now, assuming equal hits from equal weapons. For it even to be possible you'd have to have some data of how often it was set on fire and how often it is now, even without knowing the weapons hitting it and the frequency of that.

Just because you say "I have a feeling" doesn't mean anything other than you have a feeling. It proves nothing.

Pointing that out is not trolling, it's encouraging you to gain a basis on which to make claims that is more rigorous than "I pulled this out of my xxxx".

I used to gather a LOT of numbers about MM before posting on it in WoT, something I did for nearly 4 YEARS. I could acknowledge the issues with the data, but at the same time argue a case based on the facts as they were for my own playing experience.

For every battle you have in the Warspite, or another tier 6 BB as comparison, have a piece of paper nearby. Every time you get set on fire, put a tick on the paper. At the end of the battle, note the time you died (as in the duration of the battle) and how often you were set on fire. Start putting that into an excel sheet.

In 30 battles for each, you'll start to see how comparable they are. You might also want to record what tier battle it is, as the relative tier of opponents might also affect how often they set you on fire (bigger/better weapons). Or if you get set on fire more often when top tier, that too would be interesting.

Regardless, if you want ever to be taken seriously, this is the sort of thing that is required. It's a PITA, and WG could present the info themselves easily enough, but it's the only way you'll ever be able to claim anything other than "I think this today".

Incidentally, one of the things I mentioned in Alpha I think was that it's a failure of their data presentation to players that you can't see how much damage your OWN ship took from fires. Whether that's to hide how ridiculously high it is on some ships is one possibility, lol, but I doubt it.

Cheers

stop trolling yobbo, you baddie. 

Beta Tester
2,718 posts
1,988 battles

what happened to warspite btw? don't see her in premi shop OR tech tree

Isn't it supposed to be like the KV-5 (Rare but not quite Type 59 level)?
Edited by Alvin1020

Sign in to follow this