Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
yansuki

score citadel using HE against myougi?

11 comments in this topic

Beta Tester
2,083 posts
5,169 battles

just a usual game on omaha at straight map, doing my job as a crusier and trying to shoot any ship at range with my HE shells, then i spotted this pesky blueline exploiting battleship player, so i tried to focus him and rain my He to set him on  fire and send him of to david jones locker, trying to shoot him on different part of the ship like mid section, bow and stern to set multiple fire on him (already manage to start 2 fires) when suddenly citadel hit ribbon pop up.

my point is,  how is it possible to penetrate a battleship citadel with omaha 152mm guns using HE?. what kind of sorcery is this!

Tddjzj6.jpg

Beta Tester
2,083 posts
5,169 battles

really?.  this is the first time that happened to me. i manage to score citadel against cv with HE but not against bb. i don't even experience it even using 203mm guns.

ST Coordinator
2,325 posts
2,196 battles

Could also have gone tru the top deck which is much less armored that the armor belt. From that screenshot the hit was either on the forward or rear deck so might have gone tru the deck.

Very rare but totally possible.

Beta Tester
1,825 posts
5,155 battles

It's entirely possible. I scored 3 citadels on a Kongo using my Murmansk at a range about 17 km, With spotter plane of course  giving it top-down view and at that range i can easily execute plunging fire. Some shells managed to go through the funnel... i think... :D

Sign in to follow this