Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
PGM991

how TK system work?

12 comments in this topic

1,126 posts

Team kill, yes

yesterday I accidentally fire a torpedoes without check surrounding, and end up kill one of my teammate.

it was second time now since I start play Wows and sunk friendly by accident, (first time was when I got my hand on first DD and don't know much how to fire it)

I fear that I might get a pink name and pink icon as TK.

so, I was wonder how TK work.

how many friendly sunk to got yourself a TK mark?

and once you get it, how to get rid of it?

Senior Moderator
3,837 posts
2,602 battles

From 0.3.1 patch notes:

Friendly Fire

A serious problem for many beta testers has been damage inflicted by friendly ships. We have processed plenty of complaints both against clumsy commanders and deliberate griefers, analyzed the statistics, and prepared to launch a system of penalizing friendly fire. It has the following essence: when hitting allies, at first the player has to pay for the damage with silver. Later on, the player who can’t stay on the straight and narrow and continues to aggravate their comrades-in-arms receives the status of teamkiller. In addition to the pink color of the nickname, marking the rogue, a system of inversely proportional damage is applied to such a player. For example, if a teamkiller captaining a battleship “takes away” half of the combat capability points of a friendly destroyer, the teamkiller immediately loses half of own ship’s combat capability. For those who don’t come back to their senses after such hints, we have increased inverse damage coefficients, and, ultimately, we will even ban them from the game. Having stopped their treasonous activities, the player cleans up the reputation with the passage of time and eventually moves back to the category of normal users. We hope that this system would protect our players from all kinds of villainy and teach those who carelessly launch torpedoes from back of their own team’s formation to be cautious.

Alpha Tester
2,150 posts
486 battles

I had 2 battles in a row where TK was an issue.

In the first, some idiot in a DD sank friendly DD with torp spread. The guilty DD was just sitting still launching torps at the enemy (well out of range). Frankly the bots in co-op are 100 times more effective than this clown.

Same battle I ended up eating a spread of torps from a Omaha/Phoenix (can't remember which). I'd already avoided one. That's how utterly uncaring and clueless they were, and this is tier 4/5.

Lost, of course.

The second was even worse. There was a complete arse-hat BOASTING about the fact they were going to do team damage, and that they hated people who played well. Sure enough, I'm engaged with several enemies when this tosspot sails up alongside and launches a full spread into my side (Wyoming). Very funny.

No, I'd done nothing to promote it, and I didn't respond in chat. The clown began the battle with a pink name, and didn't get banned in the battle (they died soon after).

Here's the thing that REALLY pisses me off: I got a whopping 3k compensation. That's right, the [redacted] did about 27k damage to me (I sank soon after as I had to use damage control and of course was set on fire as usual not long after; burning all the time never gets old, no, not at all).

WHY is it we do NOT get full compensation for damage done by friendlies?? Seriously, 3k is a JOKE.

WHY is it a person who starts a battle pink, DELIBERATELY kills a friendly after boasting about it, then plays a bit more isn't simply banned outright then and there?

I think I'll write a post about the TK system because it is about as harsh as a feather duster and about as effective at banning [redacteds] who abuse it knowing well just how ineffectual it is.

WG's enforcement of their EULA is laughably pathetic other than some fairly astounding levels of pedantry on the forum. It was the same in WoT. Clearly they don't take it seriously, at least not so seriously as to build a system that would be entirely fair AND very quickly snuff out [redacteds] such as the [redacted] in the second battle I've mentioned.

Edited by Steeltrap

Already in Alpha Testers
300 posts
938 battles

We may be approaching the point where the only way to prevent TK'ers is remove damage from friendly fire. I think this will detract a bit from the game as you should be judicious about the use of torps, but the frustration of being team killed can be a bit too much to bare.

Alpha Tester
2,150 posts
486 battles

We may be approaching the point where the only way to prevent TK'ers is remove damage from friendly fire. I think this will detract a bit from the game as you should be judicious about the use of torps, but the frustration of being team killed can be a bit too much to bare.

No, the point is the auto system ought to remove idiots who can't learn to use them safely, not penalise everyone ELSE by allowing ****heads to play battle after battle where they do team damage again and again, either through ineptitude or malice.

Designing such a system would be dirt simple; in fact they have done so...then set the thresholds so pathetically leniently that it's about as scary as an angry moth.

Already in Alpha Testers
300 posts
938 battles

No, the point is the auto system ought to remove idiots who can't learn to use them safely, not penalise everyone ELSE by allowing ****heads to play battle after battle where they do team damage again and again, either through ineptitude or malice.

Designing such a system would be dirt simple; in fact they have done so...then set the thresholds so pathetically leniently that it's about as scary as an angry moth.

That's the point I was trying to make. If the punishment threshold is so lenient why bother to even implement it when there is an easy fix which won't leave players butt sore about either getting TK'ed or getting punished?

To play a bit of devil's advocate, WG make their money by being very inclusive of a whole range of players. So harsh penalties could really damage the reputation of the game as being "easy to learn" which would effect profits, which is not something WG would risk doing.

350 posts

That's the point I was trying to make. If the punishment threshold is so lenient why bother to even implement it when there is an easy fix which won't leave players butt sore about either getting TK'ed or getting punished?

To play a bit of devil's advocate, WG make their money by being very inclusive of a whole range of players. So harsh penalties could really damage the reputation of the game as being "easy to learn" which would effect profits, which is not something WG would risk doing.

WG cater to the lowest common denominator basically. The fact that in every WG title the terribads can eventually leech their way up the tiers is proof of this. For further proof, may I present the Lowe and the Atago.

Alpha Tester
2,150 posts
486 battles

As it happens, the SECOND person I mentioned in my own experience of TK, the person who boasted about it, has appeared in someone else's thread. No, I didn't tell them.

So that's TWO of us who have encountered this a-hole. And he's happily doing this over and over, and laughing at WG's utterly useless system.

Want to see his stats? Without name of player (and don't get me started on THAT policy), check the opening post in this thread.

Just look at those numbers, people. In 785 battles they have killed ZERO enemies...because they kill as many/more friendlies than they do enemies.

Tell me, what sort of system fails to identify this [redacted] for what it is and ban their worthless arse?????

WG, passionate about QUALITY play and removing the leaches/AFKs/Bots/cheats/general garbage since...well, never, near enough.

Edited by Steeltrap

Super Tester
509 posts

Unless its costing them money they wont care. Just dont play low level battles. I see very few TKs at T6+ as it takes a long time to grind up there. I do see a lot of no skill wallet warriors sailing shiny new ships letting the team down which is nearly as bad as a TK.

Sign in to follow this