Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
IJN_Harugumo

A new Match Making system and scoring system and other random suggestions

4 comments in this topic

634 posts
6,218 battles

We all knew to win a match in WoWs heavily depends on teamwork, but under the current scoring and matchmaking system, it is really hard for players to cope with each other. 

First of all is the language barrier, a lot of people-especially in asia server do not speak english, so it is really hard for us sometimes to communicate. My suggestion is that before a player can start playing matches there should be a selection system and the player can choose his most preferred language, secondly preferred language etc. And during the match making people with the same preferred language should be made in a team. Thus people will be able to communicate effectively. (To be frank sometimes the chat in game make me feels like im playing with bots. )

Secondly there should be different scoring system for different ship types. Right now BB can not concentrate on providing fire support as no CA want to cover them from DDs and bombers because EVERYONE WANT TO GET MORE KILLS FOR EXP AND MONEY so no one cares about each other. In my opinion, the weighting of the scores should be different for each ship. For example, planes shot down by CA should count more towards money and exp than for BBs and damage deal to enemy ships by BB should count more towards money and exp than for CAs. ( remember the game screen before a game start you can view what each ship's role is?

Alright random suggestion time:

1. Montana's Armour is way to weak for her tier.

2. Seriously? Can we do something about HE rounds and fire burning ships down? Not very realistic, may i say.

3. Repair team. Why a BBs repair team cool down is slower than a tier one CA? I wonder whats the 2000-3000 sailors on a BBs are for. 

4. Separate CL from CA, also why after Cleverland which was launched in 1942 there are two tiers with treaty CAs? Why? Speaking of tech trees  i heard, the higher the tier level the more advanced the ships are. 

5. Izumo, what is with the strange shape for izumo's bridge, also the deck was way too empty with crap AA. Not to mention the paper-thin armour for a tier 9 BB. I think anyone with a bit of IJN ship knowledge will feel like this is a BBV( Ise class modifications) by the large hanger deck at the back, why this layout with the in game function of a BB? if WG adds some Zuiun on izumo it would be more realistic( and more fair in compensation for her Armour)

6. Submarines? I can clearly see the model for a depth charge at tenryu's back

Beta Tester
2,040 posts
1,326 battles

I'd say short command buttons are the way to go. MM already have enough problem balancing team already, please don't put more strains on it. There's already such in WoT, which will come to WoWS sooner or later.

1: Montana might get buffed sooner or later.

2: Actually, I find HE damage the bigger threat than fires. Fires can be suppressed if you use damage control and damage repair parties right. Also the premium version consumables help alot.

3: You mean Damage Control team? BB have longer cooldown because they get 10-20 sec duration, while other ships only get 5 sec.

4: That was planned, but not enough candidate ships are chosen. You could help WG find suitable replacements, blueprints and detailed drawings are necessary.

5: That's what the ship looks like on the bluerint. Ofcourse it's paper ship which wasn't built, so it lacked extensive modifications so you see the ship being mostly flat and no details. The bridge actually looks similar to the one on Yamato you know.

6: Not sure is that a good idea, this has been discussed extensively and it's not gonna work in random battles. PvE mode, maybe, maybe not.

634 posts
6,218 battles

I'd say short command buttons are the way to go. MM already have enough problem balancing team already, please don't put more strains on it. There's already such in WoT, which will come to WoWS sooner or later.

2: Actually, I find HE damage the bigger threat than fires. Fires can be suppressed if you use damage control and damage repair parties right. Also the premium version consumables help alot.

3: You mean Damage Control team? BB have longer cooldown because they get 10-20 sec duration, while other ships only get 5 sec.

4: That was planned, but not enough candidate ships are chosen. You could help WG find suitable replacements, blueprints and detailed drawings are necessary.

5: That's what the ship looks like on the bluerint. Ofcourse it's paper ship which wasn't built, so it lacked extensive modifications so you see the ship being mostly flat and no details. The bridge actually looks similar to the one on Yamato you know.

6: Not sure is that a good idea, this has been discussed extensively and it's not gonna work in random battles. PvE mode, maybe, maybe not.

That reply was surprisingly quick, so there will be a new scoring system? 

BTW i would love to to help out with the CL & CA developments, but welp too much college assignments, i will hopefully get sometime in the holidays to do the research.  

634 posts
6,218 battles

Speaking of which did you finish E7?

Sign in to follow this