You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Tewaka

NOt fun at all, Server transfer?

36 comments in this topic

26 posts
1,524 battles

Hi all, just wondering how slim the chances of me being able to get my account transferred from the ASIA server to say maybe the A NA server?

Reason I ask is that generally the game itself is fun to play, but the language barrier on the Asian server is making the game not fun, most of the time all I see are Boxes, and in a team game communication should be paramount, but being able to understand or be understood is quite a challenge......

If it wasn't for the fact that I have quite a few ships on this account I would simply just start a new account, but would rather persevere with this account, and considering I have spent money on this account, id rather not go to another account.

Considering this is still BETA I wouldnt think it would be a drama too much, if this account stopped and I started another, the game has not lost or gained an account.....

4,163 posts
1,874 battles

You're stuck here with us buddy.

Pretty much this. If you want to go to NA, make a new acct there. Server transfers are typically only under really exceptional circumstances.

Beta Tester
2,718 posts
1,988 battles

Makes me wonder if the anime runs rampant on the other servers...and the poi.

Who really cares if one really want to change anyway?

dD9C5eY.jpg

Super Tester
2,500 posts
1,535 battles

They do on NA and EU, just not as much as here.

Try the RU server, the WoT.RU forum has a whole anime sub section in what I think is the offtopic area.

126 posts
2,724 battles

Interesting....all this time I thought guys were talking about which flank they were going to attack first...I thought all the dashes were a vote on which side....muahahaha!:teethhappy:

I kept wanting to put my vote in, but couldn't work out how, so just follow the group wherever they go.:B

Guys still speak English on this server, but its going to be difficult to understand everyone on a global server it wouldn't matter which.

I was going to ask about the dashes too, I guess you answered my question.

Cheers to all, I'll see you on the water:honoring:

Dan

Alpha Tester
2,150 posts
486 battles

Pretty much this. If you want to go to NA, make a new acct there. Server transfers are typically only under really exceptional circumstances.

I've always found it amusing/astounding that their transfer process is so terrible they'd rather forgo a paying customer than transfer them.

Beta Tester
753 posts
657 battles

I've always found it amusing/astounding that their transfer process is so terrible they'd rather forgo a paying customer than transfer them.

Somehow they are allergic to making money via useful services?

Already in Alpha Testers
300 posts
938 battles

Somehow they are allergic to making money via useful services?

Quite possibly those who do transfer servers discover that the grass is not actually any greener on the other side of the fence and come to the realisation that the game is not for them.

Alpha Tester
2,150 posts
486 battles

Quite possibly those who do transfer servers discover that the grass is not actually any greener on the other side of the fence and come to the realisation that the game is not for them.

Hence my comment on how bad their transfer processes must be.

If it were me and I found only 5% of people who transferred in fact spent money, provided my costs of transferring all who asked were lower than the revenue provided by the 5% then not doing so is forgone income.

In most enterprises retention costs are far lower than costs of acquisition, so engaging with a former paying customer who isn't paying now is potentially much better value than simple churning.

For all of that I've never seen any attempt to contact non-paying customers who once were to see WHY they stopped and what, if anything, might encourage them to do so again. They have the info and they have the e-mails; seems to me all that's lacking is someone making a business case for the effort required.

Regardless, the obvious answer would be to charge people transferring a transfer fee AND advise them it can be done once per 12 months. Price it correctly and at worst it's revenue neutral; it could even be an additional profit without any transferred customer in fact spending anything on their destination server.

Edited by Steeltrap

65 posts
2,362 battles

Low ping, chat full of boxes, people playing when you play, no team work

vs

High ping, chat full of insecure teenagers ripping on each other, nobody playing when you play, no team work

Ill take the first one :P

Already in Alpha Testers
300 posts
938 battles

Hence my comment on how bad their transfer processes must be.

If it were me and I found only 5% of people who transferred in fact spent money, provided my costs of transferring all who asked were lower than the revenue provided by the 5% then not doing so is forgone income.

In most enterprises retention costs are far lower than costs of acquisition, so engaging with a former paying customer who isn't paying now is potentially much better value than simple churning.

For all of that I've never seen any attempt to contact non-paying customers who once were to see WHY they stopped and what, if anything, might encourage them to do so again. They have the info and they have the e-mails; seems to me all that's lacking is someone making a business case for the effort required.

Regardless, the obvious answer would be to charge people transferring a transfer fee AND advise them it can be done once per 12 months. Price it correctly and at worst it's revenue neutral; it could even be an additional profit without any transferred customer in fact spending anything on their destination server.

I am not really sure as to exactly what the WG business model is with regards to the various servers, but my suspicion is that they are quite separate. So server transfers represent a loss of a player for the server that has to instigate the transfer, i.e. provide the data etc, so they would be less than motivated to assist the process. Also one of the reportable KPI's for a server would be the number of registered players and again allowing easy transfers could impact on this. 

But honestly you would not expect a server transfer, once the appropriate procedures were set up, to take much more than 15 minutes of work and if they charged about $50 then most of that would be profit, so I am not really sure why WG have not pursued this. Maybe because in the big scheme of things there really are not that many players who would when push comes to shove actually bother to switch servers.

Beta Tester
908 posts

I switched from NA to Asia from from CBT -> CBT/OBT.

Basically they refunded all my purchases and asked me to sign up / rebuy the packs on the Asia server. So the 2000+ games I played on NA and being the top 1% was wasted (level 9 skill and 20 flags of each or something).

Doesn't really matter, I repurchased and leveled up on Asia account. So far 1700+ games and back to where I am nearly.

I must admit, in the NA games there was a bit more teamwork and everyone reading messages on the screen was a pleasure to play. It felt like a game.

On Asia server you type in english, half the players probably don't understand what you are saying. So its an absolute disaster. The only thing I can think of is to make an English Speaking Community Channel and division up with players. Having 3 ships communicate is better than none. We can then go seal clubbing and smashing pubs.

Anyone want to dedicate a channel, I'd sit in it.

Slam

[POI]
Super Tester
350 posts
3,601 battles

Honestly I love the SEA server because I can say anything related  to Kantai collection or any Anime in chat and we are all ok with it...just don't spam it   

Edited by Juan_23

Beta Tester
753 posts
657 battles

Basically they refunded all my purchases and asked me to sign up / rebuy the packs on the Asia server. So the 2000+ games I played on NA and being the top 1% was wasted (level 9 skill and 20 flags of each or something).

Doesn't really matter, I repurchased and leveled up on Asia account. So far 1700+ games and back to where I am nearly.

I must admit, in the NA games there was a bit more teamwork and everyone reading messages on the screen was a pleasure to play. It felt like a game.

On Asia server you type in english, half the players probably don't understand what you are saying. So its an absolute disaster. The only thing I can think of is to make an English Speaking Community Channel and division up with players. Having 3 ships communicate is better than none. We can then go seal clubbing and smashing pubs.

Slam

yeah it's called off topic. :B

While i like the idea of English speaking being only put with those who speak English it'd be a small number and not worth the hassle on WG's part.

65 posts
2,362 battles

Slam

Sounds good mate, I'd definitely join it.

Perhaps create an "english speaking teamplayers" channel?

Edited by Osi

Super Tester
802 posts

Sounds good mate, I'd definitely join it.

Perhaps create an "english speaking teamplayers" channel?

Not sure why you'd want to make a channel, given that all the official WG channels are English only anyway.