You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
cyxnide

Survive a Ram.

12 comments in this topic

724 posts
2,176 battles

As much as I know,if two ships in the same class (e.g. BB vs BB / CA vs CA) ram each other,both of them will be sunk.

But I recently saw a Tier 4 IJN BB Myogi rams another Myogi and survives.

Is that actually possible in game?

Or is there a way we could avoid getting destroyed while ramming/getting rammed by the same class of ship?

Beta Tester
2,083 posts
5,169 battles

the other one is probably equipped with die hard flag which provide -50% receive from ramming damage and +50% deal ramming damage against enemy. or one of the BB is not fully upgraded and has lower hp pool than the other. other than that idk what happened.

Edited by yansuki

Beta Tester
2,718 posts
1,988 battles

I am not really into IJN ships, but may be the guy survived is in a Fully upgraded Myogi (Which I guess due to the Modernization the Tonnage may goes up) vs a Stock one....?

Just a guess though.

ST Coordinator
2,325 posts
2,196 battles

I rammed a DD with my DD. I survived. :v

Same.

Anyway to the OP.

There is 3 answers that is possible:

1) He used the flag that reduces ramming damage.

2) He has more HP that the other Myogi (Fully upgraded vs stock), though he will barely survive if he clicks his repair fast.

3) He was not going at full speed and just hit the enemy ship, this causes significant (but not full damage) to each other.

#3 Assumes the rammer is at full HP while the rammed is not (Probably about 50% hp). And he has to be going REALLY slow, like 1/4 speed.

Edited by Windforce

Beta Tester
682 posts
4,757 battles

low speed colision can lower damage on both ship ... I use that for few time now .. if you have more Hp and collide side to side just little touch at low speed sometime more HP ship are survilve ... 

[151ST]
1,013 posts
4,521 battles

I rammed a DD with my DD. I survived. :v

I have done this as well... Pretty sure it was in my Wakatake or Isokaze.

It was early on in OBT, and I didn't realise it was such a huge thing, so didn't screen grab it and haven't been bothered to turn on replays yet :amazed:

[151ST]
1,013 posts
4,521 battles

Correction I did screen grab the score screen

Can't remember exactly, but think this guy had little/no hp and I had lots - I came out with almost zero though...

SJ1Dxsv.jpg