You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Gezeiten_Heimatwelt

WG Premium shop to put flags on sale.

15 comments in this topic

Beta Tester
2,040 posts
1,326 battles

So apparently, WG is going to put up some flags on sale in upcoming days. Source: http://forum.worldofwarships.asia/index.php?act=findpost&pid=130501

So what's your opinion on it? I think it was a smart move by WG to avoid pay2win accusation by not putting up BB flags on sale (ones that improve fire/flood resistance and damage repair) :hiding: Other flags though, have rather minimal effect.

Pack1: Minor flags such as speed boost, secondaries boost, ramming boost and detonation prevention.

You get 100 of each type for a pack.

Pack 2: Mainly economy boost, include exp and credits flags and repair discount flags.

You get 50 of each type for a pack.

Price haven't been disclosed though, I wonder how much do they cost. :hiding:

[POI]
Super Tester
350 posts
3,601 battles

Pack 2 is always nice, if you use the flags with the 1st win bonus. I think I'm going to get a lot of this pack

I agree its a good choice, but I see these BB flags being bundled with BB prems a lot more now 

Alpha Tester
1,637 posts
7,230 battles

How do you think it is avoiding pay2win accusation?

If you buy the flags, they give an advantage over other ships that do not have them.

That, my friend, is pay to win.

Beta Tester
2,040 posts
1,326 battles

How do you think it is avoiding pay2win accusation?

If you buy the flags, they give an advantage over other ships that do not have them.

That, my friend, is pay to win.

The advantage from the flags above are so minor, it barely make any difference.

How much do you get from 5% extra top speed?

How often do you get into secondary duel? The bonus from the flag is also too minor to make a difference too.

Detonation is rare enough, maybe you'll prevent 1 or 2 detonations out of 100 battles you get into.

Ramming...well how often do you get to ram people even if you try? 

Economy flag is no different than prem account, I wonder if anyone counts prem as p2w.

Don't mind my serious answer, I can't think of any funny way to reply. :hiding:

Super Tester
2,500 posts
1,535 battles

There are 3 flags I would consider using if I wasn't german and our main racial trait was "Being lazy as cake".

+50% exp, +20% credits & +20% heal bonus for BB repair

Everything else is either utterly useless or a 0.5% performance boost... ... yay... where is that video again...

Alpha Tester
1,637 posts
7,230 battles

The advantage from the flags above are so minor, it barely make any difference.

How much do you get from 5% extra top speed?

How often do you get into secondary duel? The bonus from the flag is also too minor to make a difference too.

Detonation is rare enough, maybe you'll prevent 1 or 2 detonations out of 100 battles you get into.

Ramming...well how often do you get to ram people even if you try? 

Economy flag is no different than prem account, I wonder if anyone counts prem as p2w.

Don't mind my serious answer, I can't think of any funny way to reply. :hiding:

All of the examples, with the exception of econ flag could make the difference in a 1v1 duel.

My US DDs like to detonate, i run the flag for that at all times. I think it makes a huge difference. Before flying that one, many a magazine blew skyward.

Secondaries give you 5% more AA distance. That could shoot down those TB squads lining you up.  I think a necessity for CV to run this one up to foil plane strikes (hopefully).

I would not like to ram someone who is flying the ramming flag while i am not, who do you think will come off best?

Most flags are easily winnable, and my usage easily keeps up with this. My flag locker is quite full. Come clan wars, they will definitely be hoisted on my and my clan mates vessels.

Sometimes it pays to be serious.:honoring:

Beta Tester
2,718 posts
1,988 battles

Duh, $$$, why not.

This is WG we're talking about.

I do not recommend anyone buying them, but if you really want to, the Confederate Flag (+50% XP) one is the only one kinda worth to buy.

[TOGN]
Beta Tester
115 posts
13,307 battles

and what about national flags  .. i like to display a aussie flag on the stern of the ships that i plan to keep

Super Tester
2,500 posts
1,535 battles

and what about national flags  .. i like to display a aussie flag on the stern of the ships that i plan to keep

That's what mods are for.

Meet the italian Langley-class carrier.

QqBoSqW.jpg

Beta Tester
2,040 posts
1,326 battles

The +50% Exp and 20% credits would be handy.

Especially if you only play PvE.

I don't know why do you need it for PvE, it's complete waste doing so.

Also, players should be encouraged to do PvP, it's what this game is about. The current PvE mode is not much more than training ground only.

Super Tester
2,500 posts
1,535 battles

P2W means if i has those flags i'll win.

I know for a fact that if i have those flags i won't win.

In my opinion there is only one flag that could be considered p2w and that's the +20% health bonus for the battleship repair ability.

Despite what the description says it doesn't speed up the health regeneration, but instead gives it a flat, whooping 20% bonus.

That won't change the outcome of a battle, however it can make the difference in a tough situation, and deciding that situation can make the difference in winning

or losing for the entire team.

Honestly though, in the current meta where half the playerbase counts itself lucky to be able to reliably hit things above 12km range the difference

is almost unnoticable.

It does however widen the gap between decent - bad players, but then again that's literally every game mechanic in a Wargaming game ever...

Edited by Retia

[LBAS]
Super Tester
1,283 posts

I don't know why do you need it for PvE, it's complete waste doing so.

Also, players should be encouraged to do PvP, it's what this game is about. The current PvE mode is not much more than training ground only.

I'm not alone when i say there are a lot of people on this server who only play PvE.

You can encourage all you want but I and others will not play PvP.

The exp and credit flags can really help if you want to grind to certain ships.