Sign in to follow this  
JollyGood

noobie prem consumables question

10 comments in this topic

62 posts
1,454 battles

when you purchase the prem consumable does it use the 'free' one first?  or just replace it?  if so if there ANY argument for purchasing them?  as they just seem to reload quicker rather than any other advantage

Super Tester
2,500 posts
1,535 battles

It's a replacement and certain consumables are a must have.

For example:

A BB will always want to have both Dmg Ctrl II and Repair II.

The reasoning is simple.

1. Set on fire, Dmg Ctrl II
  2. Set on fire (+ some damage taken), Repair II
  3. Small downtime
  4. Set on fire, Dmg Ctrl II
  5. Repeat for as long as you have charges.

Similiar reasoning for Smoke Gen II on DDs.

Others, like the catapult scouts/fighters are nice to have consumables, but not necessary to one's performance.

For example the catapult scout is extremely useful during the beginning and the end phases of a battle, i.e. the phases where

the chances of having to fire on a long range target are the highest.

Edited by Retia

17 posts
738 battles

From my knowledge it replaces the free one just for a single battle, then you have to buy another if you want to use it again.

While the faster reload time is good to have, it's not very cost effective and is the only benefit from prenium consumables.

505 posts
4,176 battles

I use it sometimes especially with ships that i know will comfirm me a lot of credits back , so it's just a minor investment for faster cool down on the consumables for my ships, so i could be able to stay longer and get more credit and exp

Already in Alpha Testers
300 posts
938 battles

From my knowledge it replaces the free one just for a single battle, then you have to buy another if you want to use it again.

While the faster reload time is good to have, it's not very cost effective and is the only benefit from prenium consumables.

You can enable "autoequip" for the premium consumables and camo if you have the cash to splash.

Beta Tester
2,040 posts
1,326 battles

I see no reason to use premium consumables. Ship commander's skills work better and they are also free.

Just commander skill isn't enough when you are under constant fire by multiple HE spam machines, and your ship only do 21 knots when they do 33.

Super Tester
2,500 posts
1,535 battles

Just commander skill isn't enough when you are under constant fire by multiple HE spam machines, and your ship only do 21 knots when they do 33.

Shhhh, the fewer people use prem consumables the easier my frontline work as a BB gets.

423 posts
3,175 battles

Shhhh, the fewer people use prem consumables the easier my frontline work as a BB gets.

oh my, why can you be such selfish, Retyanka?

Sign in to follow this