Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Lichtbringer

Iowa overpening cruisers at close range

8 comments in this topic

Beta Tester
38 posts
3,824 battles

So I'm experiencing a rather unpleasant issue with my Iowa. Often I shoot an Atago or a Myoko at ~11km range and the shells land right at the boiler room, and instead of a citadel hit I get an overpen. It never happened on my NC. So I'm thinking, is the 406mm/50 guns' superior penetration the reason of this?

13 posts
615 battles

You see Ivan, if you shoot big caliber guns, on soft targets, you can over penetrate. It's like saying I fired a pistol at a thick mattress and it overpenned.

And Atago and Myoko are floadting citadels soft targets. Even a Nicholas with AP can citadel them.

Alpha Tester
512 posts
308 battles

You can never overpen citadel, even if you fire Yamato's 460mm guns at a Hashidate.

Pretty much this, to the OP, if you are hitting the citadels, and you pen, you will always get a max damage result, however, you could be lagging, the server could be lagging, or you aren't actually hitting a citadel, there are a lot of variables involved, so it's pretty much impossible for anyone here to say exactly what is the issue, unless you upload a replay.

Sign in to follow this