You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Velvet_Scarlantina

Tier 6 - 10 IJN CV

20 comments in this topic

Beta Tester
2,040 posts
1,326 battles

2, because why would you discard 1 TB for Fighter?

Well I don't have Hiryu yet, but maybe in the future. Right now I'm still using 1-2-2 on my Ryujo, not gonna touch 3-1-1 at all unless I want to troll someone.

The same applies to Taiho if I ever get her, which I'll use 2-3-2 instead of 3-2-2, because more TB = more fun. I use IJN Fighters to stall enemy Fighters.

Another note: having 2 or more TB will allow you to hunt CA and DD, you can't do that with just 1 group.

Edited by Gezeiten_Heimatwelt

Beta Tester
2,040 posts
1,326 battles

But to see an enemy running 3-1-2... Certainly riles me up

Try to outsmart him with your 2 Fighters. You should be glad Hiryu has 2, while I have to deal with it using 1 in Ryujo. :hiding:

If the enemy groups up his Fighters, then strike elsewhere away from his Fighters's location. If he spreads his Fighters out in multiple aera, then you can use your Fighters to engage while your Bombers go for the run.

Losses is guaranteed, but if you can make an impact by bombing important surface ships then the battle will swing in your team's favor. The Hiryu has enough planes to maintain the momentum for a while.

2-2-2 would be your best option at the moment. My Independence one fighters squadron have never ever killed two IJN fighter squadrons before :( 

Don't try to kill them then, if you want to win then don't do fair fights. CV vs CV isn't always about air superiority, go bomb stuffs.

Oh wait...you again. :hiding:

1,196 posts
2,883 battles

Don't try to kill them then, if you want to win then don't do fair fights. CV vs CV isn't always about air superiority, go bomb stuffs.

I normally try to avoid them but they will follow my planes most of the times and because I only have 3 squadrons baiting can be risky (well at least for me). I think that loosing a dive bombers squadron is too much. I still do ok when i use my Indy but my planes cannot out run IJN fighters and I stand no chance against them. Normally I would wait for them to get distracted and just silently move past them and bomb out their carrier :trollface:.

Did I do something wrong by asking a question ? Everytime I comment you are like "OH EVERYONE LOOK AT THIS F****** HE IS NOTHING BUT A NOOB" I only stated my opinion and you are already getting excited to start bashing me. 

17 posts
738 battles

Hahaha.....

No matter where I relocate, those 3 magic squadrons still can find me. Sometimes I wonder what magic does the enemy use to find where my planes are

They're throwing those squadrons at an american CV. :hiding:

And proceeding to get them shot down.

Beta Tester
2,040 posts
1,326 battles

Hahaha.....

No matter where I relocate, those 3 magic squadrons still can find me. Sometimes I wonder what magic does the enemy use to find where my planes are

If all else fail, use your Fighters barrage ability one after another.

Use 1 squad to lure enemy Fighters into engagement, then while those Fighters are busy, go for the attack. After first squad finished the attack, use that squad to engage while your 2nd squad go for the next strafe.

That's in theory though, because Fighters barrage is bugged and doesn't deal enough damage to make a difference. :hiding:

I might test them out once I get the Hiryu, though that's some time away from now. It's difficult to suggest which is the best course of action because the variety of battle situation, but I'd still stick with Balanced loadout and try to outplay enemy Fighters somehow.

Did I do something wrong by asking a question ? Everytime I comment you are like "OH EVERYONE LOOK AT THIS F****** HE IS NOTHING BUT A NOOB" I only stated my opinion and you are already getting excited to start bashing me. 

Did I actually say anything bad about you? :hiding:

It's just in your head dude, don't accuse me out of nothing.

Beta Tester
2,718 posts
1,988 battles

Bros, better off having a friend rather than an enemy.

Edited by Alvin1020

1,196 posts
2,883 battles

Hahaha.....

Border humping:trollface:, an effektive strategy to be sneaky. Just kidding, it depend on luck whether they find you or not 

1,196 posts
2,883 battles

Bros, better off having a friend rather than an enemy.

What make me make so annoyed is actually his comments toward me on other posts, he might not saying something bad against me but just look at his comment and put your self in my position, of course it will make me pissed off. 
Edited by silenthunter19944

[POI]
Super Tester
350 posts
3,601 battles

You can definitely shut down USN Carriers with the 3/1/2 CAG (I think that is what it's meant to be used for) I do it often, granted the effect is better with the Air superiority captain skill (1+ fighter and Divebomber per squadron)

I use the 2/2/2 more often tho (for balance anti Carrier and anti other ships)... but sometimes I use 3/1/2   

Edited by Juan_23