You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Danaussie

An Aussie Wishlist

24 comments in this topic

126 posts
2,724 battles

First of all I wish to say hi from Ulladulla New South Wales to all you excellent people, fellow Captains and Naval Warfare enthusiasts out there. Second I wanted to relay my congratulations to the game designers and my many thanks for providing arguably the best Naval Combat game I have ever had the pleasure of playing, I'm having an absolute blast out there...even when I get sunk.

I guess we are still waiting for the official launch on the 17th to see if there are going to be some additional units available to us, but here would be my official wish list to the designers from an Aussie's perspective, and please don't write us off because I dare say we will constitute a fairly large chunk of your Asia Pacific clientele.

HMAS Australia* - County/Kent Class Heavy Cruiser - Premium Option

HMAS Canberra* - County/Kent Class Heavy Cruiser

HMAS Shropshire - County/London Class Heavy Cruiser (Keep in mind she was a replacement for the HMAS Canberra that was sunk at the Battle of Savo Island in 1942).

Cruisers:

HMAS Sydney* - Leander Class Light Cruiser - Premium Option

HMAS Perth - Leander Class Light Cruiser

HMAS Hobart - Leander Class Light Cruiser

HMAS Adelaide - Town Class Light Cruiser - Interesting Tier 1 option

Destroyers:

HMAS Stuart - Scott Class - Flotilla Leader  - Premium Option

HMAS Vampire* - V&W Class Destroyer - Interesting Tier 1 Option

HMAS Vendetta - V&W Class Destroyer

HMAS Voyager - V&W Class Destroyer

HMAS Waterhen - V&W Class Destroyer

(These were lovingly known as the "Scrap Iron Flotilla")

HMAS Arunta* - Tribal Class Destroyer

HMAS Bataan - Tribal Class Destroyer

HMAS Warramunga - Tribal Class Destroyer

HMAS Nizam* - N Class Destroyer

HMAS Nestor - N Class Destroyer

HMAS Norman - N Class Destroyer

HMAS Napier - N Class Destroyer

HMAS Nepal - N Class Destroyer

HMAS Quickmatch* - Q Class Destroyer

HMAS Quiberon - Q Class Destroyer

*Most Certainly Would Be My Official Choice

Of course not all of these would make it into the game but the above constitutes the bulk of the Royal Australian Navy fleet active during WWII that may be of interest to the designers and players.

I'm certainly no expert but I would definitely like to be able to sail into combat in an Australian ship. Great to meet everyone too.

Dan

1,923 posts
4,018 battles

Good suggestions maybe able to see this ships in next few years but i am sure it the Krigesmarines, Royal Navy, Soviet Navy, French and the Italian come out first before this  could be implemented. Anyway good suggestions, +1. :honoring:

Edited by davud1537

Super Tester
1,677 posts

that or they facemelt the UK and ANZ guys and I know a certain yellowjack here is itching to grab the N destroyer when it pops out.

[SIF]
Senior Moderator
2,563 posts

Since most of them are British ships, I would expect to see the British lead ship, not the Australian version. Nothing a mod could not change though.

17 posts
738 battles

Like lengxv6 said, most of the ships designs are british and will likely be in the standard Royal navy tech tree, but they might put some of the notable ones as premiums.

Not saying i'm not hoping for a certain ship though. :hiding:

3 posts
1,113 battles

Yeah, odds are that you Aussies and us Kiwis are going to have to use Royal Navy ships and pretend they’re flying our White Ensign(s) instead of the Poms’.  [shrug]  Meh — as long as we can get our grubby mitts on a Leander (for HMNZS Achilles) and a Dido (for HMNZS Royalist and/or its fictional counterpart, HMS Ulysses), I’ll be happy. :B

Edited by Petty_Officer_Ralston

17 posts
738 battles

RAN and RNZN Leander class cruisers were different from their RN leander counterparts. the 3 RAN Cruisers had 2 redundant machine spaces against the single one of those used in the RN, thus the smokestack layout was changed from a singular smokestack into two. the 2 RNZN cruisers were the same as their RN, only difference being in that one turret was removed in favor of adding AA guns

Not sure about other classes, they might be different, but some of these might just be worth adding in...

Unless they just make those hull modifications and nothing more. :(

Then again, the omaha class has 2 premiums... we won't know until it happens i guess.

So they will be in the Royal Navy tech tree, but fly Australian flag... No wait... During the WWII, RAN still use the same naval ensign as the RN.

-snip-

I actually have expected to see something related to anime when I saw your name...

Edited by Mwolfy

126 posts
2,724 battles

The guys that know me best from Axis & Allies - War at Sea will say that I bleed Royal Blue, that means I am predominantly a Royal Navy man, as such I am hanging out to get at the helm of anything British it would be an honour and a privilege to captain a County.  Of course gents this was just a wish list and in no way am I lobbying for anything in particular, heck I'm happy using yank equipment as long as I get to sail around and blow stuff up. lol

Perhaps in the years that follow we can add some tech trees for some minor nations, such as Canada which served valiantly in the Battle of the Atlantic and the Dutch that served alongside the United States Navy and Royal Navy and Royal Australian Navy respectively in the Pacific theatre of operations.

But ultimately my message was to relay my deepest gratitude to all the designers and background teams the beta testers and everyone involved in this project, I thought this was going to be a joke, but I have been astounded at the high level graphics, sound package and thought put into this, I will be sure to let all the guys know at Forumini about this and I can only hope that they join in their thousands. I will be sure to put in a great word.

Thanks World of Warships

I'll see you blokes out on the water I hope...cheers

Dan

17 posts
738 battles

Perhaps in the years that follow we can add some tech trees for some minor nations,

Czechslovakia is getting added to Wot...

Soon™

Then again don't expect Australia to get added anytime soon, we don't really design anything and more or less just buy from other countries.

Edited by Mwolfy

Super Tester
802 posts

haps in the years that follow we can add some tech trees for some minor nations, such as Canada which served valiantly in the Battle of the Atlantic 

Didn't Canada use British designed vessels? That puts it in the same category as Australia and New Zealand. Interesting that you've left out HMAS Sydney(I) as I'd think it would make a cool tier 3 or 4 premium ship. (Also one of the first naval engagements of WW1 if I recall)

Most likely candidates after Russia, German and the RN are French and Italy and after that are likely expansions to the US and IJN trees.

[151ST]
1,013 posts
4,526 battles

[Fellow Aussie here]

Aussie/Kiwi/Canadian ships would have to be part of the RN, and purely premiums as our ships were all (to the best of my knowledge) variants of RN ships.

Would be interesting though.
Doubt will happen in next 24 months.

Beta Tester
760 posts
6,922 battles

As a Kiwi, I'd say an Australian/NZ tech tree isn't going to happen - they are all British designed and built ships sold or loaned to the nations of the British Empire (heck we both still have the Queen as our Head of State, so yeah...)

At best we'll get premiums like the Achilles and Sydney etc, like how the polish got the T-34-85 Rudy, but claiming that Aussies are a big chunk of Asia Pacific as reason is dubious at best - Until we get enough players like they do for Russia and Korea servers and have our own Oceanian server we won't get a dedicated tree. If Anything WG may want to start a European tech tree for the Swedish, Dutch, Romanian, Greek and Polish Navies, since WG has a much bigger player base in Europe.

Beta Tester
2,718 posts
1,988 battles

Came in here expecting to see something along lines of being swabbed by Elle Macpherson.

Steel becomes more and more "Less" Steeltrap these days. :trollface:

[POI]
Super Tester
350 posts
3,601 battles

I could see WG make some of these into Premums on the British tech tree for sure, look forward to it :honoring: 

126 posts
2,724 battles

Yes guys, I fully understand that MOST Australian ships were either bought or loaned by the Royal Navy (although some were actually built here), but it would be nice to be able to I guess buy as a premium option a HMAS Australia skin when you purchase a HMS Kent for example. I think I am learning that minor nations will not be a consideration for the game designers and that's fine with me so long as I get to use Royal Navy machinery. But it would be nice to sail using an Australian variant, and there were certain differences to their Royal Navy counterparts, Australian Counties continued to have torpedo tubes until a much later refit, whereas Royal Navy Counties had long had these removed in favour of more AA defence. The Australian Leanders were heavily modified twin funnelled variants and easily recognizable as Australian Leanders while the British Leanders had a single funnel, but this is just nit picking really. I'm also beginning to understand that WoW is a game that includes some WWI ships as well as WWII ones and in that case I would have added HMAS Australia (I) the Indefatigable Class Battlecruiser to my list, but since none will actually enter the game at all I will just have to pretend that I'm sailing in HMAS Australia or Canberra wont I.

Cheers guys....I'll see you out on the water:):):)

Dan

Super Tester
509 posts

Came in here expecting to see something along lines of being swabbed by Elle Macpherson.

Guess not.

Isn'tshe a grandmother by now? Maybe shes getting sponge baths herself in the nursing home haha :P

Senior Moderator
4,798 posts
1,924 battles

Isn'tshe a grandmother by now? Maybe shes getting sponge baths herself in the nursing home haha :P

Elle Macpherson:

Elle Macpherson
Elle Macpherson 2011.jpg
Elle Macpherson in Sydney in 2011
Born Eleanor Nancy Gow
29 March 1964 (age 51)[1][2]
Killara, Sydney, Australia
Spouse(s) Gilles Bensimon
(m. 1986–89)
Jeffrey Soffer (m. 2013)
Partner(s) Arpad Busson (1996–2005)
Children 2