Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Sir_Forsaken

Tirpitz

47 comments in this topic

Beta Tester
10 posts

I bought the Tirpitz today.  It looks great on youtube where the most popular YT'ers put up their one in 50 battle to show it and it looks awesome.

Just had a battle where I fired 118 shells and 7 hit.  The accuracy is absolutely atrocious and it gets pretty much owned because of this inaccuracy.

there is the odd battle where you can get close enough to fire torpedos but to get that close it takes so much damage that you're either dead or pretty close to it.

So did it have a last minute "it's a premium ship so lets make it useless" nerf before it goes on sale or is it WG's intention to make one of the largest and most dangerous battle ships of WWII appear to be a weakling?

Yes history tells us that it didn't do that much because it was hunted but in a ship on ship engagement it could destroy anything in its sights so what is wrong with the in-game version.

I seem to be able to play all my other ships ok and don't miss half as much, in fact I have got leading the target down to a fine art especially with the Atlanta so I really don't get it.... and as for 118 shotsfired and 7 hits... what can I say....  before the trolls start, I'm not a bad shot and know how to lead a target etc.

Am I missing something, like, the commander needs more training or something.

btw, I have all module upgrades and especially the main battery accuracy upgrade...

Dantes, if you read this please let me know as you were testing it and said you liked it and would buy one....

Edited by Sir_Forsaken

Super Tester
532 posts
1,052 battles

Accuracy on the Tirpitz is bad? Never felt that way. Have you tried considering at what angle your enemy is going at because what may look flat on to you is actually not.

4,163 posts
1,874 battles

So did it have a last minute "it's a premium ship so lets make it useless" nerf before it goes on sale or is it WG's intention to make one of the largest and most dangerous battle ships of WWII appear to be a weakling?

Yes history tells us that it didn't do that much because it was hunted but in a ship on ship engagement it could destroy anything in its sights so what is wrong with the in-game version.

The only change between the Tirpitz we were playing, and the one that's been sold in the store is the paint scheme. 

View PostSir_Forsaken, on 08 September 2015 - 07:06 PM, said:

I seem to be able to play all my other ships ok and don't miss half as much, in fact I have got leading the target down to a fine art especially with the Atlanta so I really don't get it.... and as for 118 shotsfired and 7 hits... what can I say....  before the trolls start, I'm not a bad shot and know how to lead a target etc.

Am I missing something, like, the commander needs more training or something.

btw, I have all module upgrades and especially the main battery accuracy upgrade...

Well, considering your average hit ratio is like 21%, I'd hesitate to call it a problem with the ship itself. I'd say you'll need a bit more practice leading and firing battleship guns, to be frank.

Super Tester
2,500 posts
1,535 battles

How about this:

Sponsor me a Tirpitz and I'll have a go at it myself, after all I consider my performance to be slightly worse than average.

Hence if I do decently or well in it then it's a problem on your side, thus you can fix it easily and enjoy the ship.

If I do badly in it you'll know for sure it's a bad ship... so... deal?

Super Tester
2,725 posts

Play Co-op battle. Adapt to change & limitations.

And play your Tirpitz more. You only play it once? Seriously?

Edited by Mingfang47

Beta Tester
2,040 posts
1,326 battles

I'd say you are not ready for high tier BB gameplay. Ships of higher tiers move less predictable than lower tiers thus it'll take more practice to get your aiming right.

Also, Tirpitz's accuracy isn't bad, it's just that the ship doesn't have as many guns to throw at their opponent like the Wyoming. Getting closer could help, although you need more advanced tactics like armor angling, map awareness, sail in formation with allies and so forth to pull that off without dying.

[LLBC]
Super Tester
750 posts
3,327 battles

So did it have a last minute "it's a premium ship so lets make it useless" nerf before it goes on sale

I'm not aware of any post-release nerfs for the Tripitz. However, as someone who tested it before release, if you donated one my way I'd be happy to test this theory out for you

Edited by Gunduck

Beta Tester
2,040 posts
1,326 battles

Actually, it got buffed before release. It's short-range AA that is, nothing related to the gun though.

Still a buff regardless.

Beta Tester
10 posts

The only change between the Tirpitz we were playing, and the one that's been sold in the store is the paint scheme.

Well, considering your average hit ratio is like 21%, I'd hesitate to call it a problem with the ship itself. I'd say you'll need a bit more practice leading and firing battleship guns, to be frank.

My average hit ratio is in Random battles and did you take into account I have a very low number of battles in randoms!!

Funny that I am able to hit a lot of ships in co-op mode with all my other ships, just not the Tirpitz....

I just finished a battle where my shells from the Tirpitz spread out by at least two maybe three ship lengths and went no where near where I was shooting not even getting close to the ship I was shooting at.... they went in the right direction but just spread hugely....

I have NO PROBLEM leading my shots bro.....

Funny, just asked all the other players about twelve from the last four battles, what they think of the Tirpitz whilst in game.... they ALL said it's really really inaccurate so my hit ratio has NOTHING to do with it. You just want to troll.

Edited by Sir_Forsaken

Beta Tester
2,040 posts
1,326 battles

My average hit ratio is in Random battles and did you take into account I have a very low number of battles in randoms!!

Funny that I am able to hit a lot of ships in co-op mode with all my other ships, just not the Tirpitz....

There's your problem: It's because you are doing PvE mainly.

Bots are really predictable, players of high tier games not really. Low tiers players to a certain extend are somewhat predictable too.

I took a look at your PvE profile, and you seem to have good hit ratio on your Tirpitz too. Now would you still say the problem isn't on you regarding this accuracy issue? If you can hit bots but you can't hit players, then you aren't experienced enough at judging players movement and target selection to be ready for higher tier gameplay.

Super Tester
2,500 posts
1,535 battles

(EDITED)

Now before you report me for insulting you hear me out.

Maybe you're just too kind a soul and always see the human behind the ship instead of just another pixel target.

That would explain why your PvP hit rate is so much smaller than in PvE, after all it's not like a player controlled ship maneuvers differently from a computer controlled one.

The remaining hits you land in PvP are basically just due to RnG.

I find this to be a very admirable character trait, well done, sir. :honoring:

Insults, Post Edited, User Warned

~lengxv6

Edited by lengxv6

Beta Tester
2,040 posts
1,326 battles

(EDITED)

Maybe you're just too kind a soul and always see the human behind the ship instead of just another pixel target.

That would explain why your PvP hit rate is so much smaller than in PvE, after all it's not like a player controlled ship maneuvers differently from a computer controlled one.

:teethhappy:

Quote Updated

~lengxv6

Edited by lengxv6

Beta Tester
10 posts

(EDITED)

Why don't you go and smart troll elsewhere ffs.....

And this is why I shan't be posting anything else in these forums, it's a complete waste of time.....

Quote Updated

~lengxv6

Edited by lengxv6

Beta Tester
2,040 posts
1,326 battles

So your point is??

The ship wasn't nerfed before release, it contradicts your guessing.

And this is why I shan't be posting anything else in these forums, it's a complete waste of time.....

This is why you should chill out dude. :hiding: You aren't supposed to take his post seriously.

Beta Tester
10 posts

The ship wasn't nerfed before release, it contradicts your guessing.

This is why you should chill out dude. :hiding: You aren't supposed to take his post seriously.

Yeah you're a really funny dude hey.

I just asked in game if everyone is finding the Tirpitz "lacking" and the answer was an overwhelming yes.

All I want is some feedback as to what others think.  Not this smart arse pseudo intelligent trolling.  Does it make you feel superior? is there something lacking in your daily lives so much that you cannot reply to any content in a sensible manner?

FFS!

Edited by Sir_Forsaken

Beta Tester
10 posts

Accuracy on the Tirpitz is bad? Never felt that way. Have you tried considering at what angle your enemy is going at because what may look flat on to you is actually not.

Yes I have taken this into account.  The accuracy is ridiculously bad... So much so, something needs to be done about it....

I'm firing at cruisers two tiers below me and doing for example 1400 damage and they are returning fire doing twice as much and it's because they are accurate and the Tirpitz isn't...

At the moment I'm feeling like I've truly wasted AU$76.00

Beta Tester
2,040 posts
1,326 battles

Yeah you're a really funny dude hey.

I just asked in game if everyone is finding the Tirpitz "lacking" and the answer was an overwhelming yes.

All I want is some feedback as to what others think.  Not this smart arse pseudo intelligent trolling.  Does it make you feel superior? is there something lacking in your daily lives so much that you cannot reply to any content in a sensible manner?

FFS!

I think you got things wrong in your head. From what I've read in this topic, the overwhelming majority said no. The ship itself is fine.

Also, if you think I'm trolling you then you should think again, because I clearly am not. Beside, none of us here meant to reply to you to do any harm, you should not take things too seriously sometimes. Just chill, get out of your computer chair and go for a walk or something, then come back later.

4,163 posts
1,874 battles

Having extensively played Tirpitz over the past few weeks, I can conclude that the ship itself is fine. Sure, it's dispersion at range is pretty high, but given how weak Tirpitz is at range, coupled with its incredible armour and near-impossibility to citadel at under 12km, that point is moot if you head in and brawl.

And yes, I did take into account that your accuracy stat was in PvP. I'm not inclined to take PvE accuracy as an indication of your skill - bots move predictably enough that any player with strong fundamentals can hit them consistently. The challenge is hitting thinking, reacting targets in PvP. Even taking built-in dispersion into account, you should be hitting with at least 25% of your shots per match. If your shots are landing 2-3 ship lengths away, you are clearly being outplayed, or have a fundamental issue with your lead calculation. 

You can accuse me of being a troll, sure. But your statistics are available for view on the portal, and quite frankly, they aren't very good. As such, I'm less inclined to believe that there is a problem with the ship, and more inclined that your skills are inadequate for a tier 8 matchup.

Super Tester
2,500 posts
1,535 battles

But I meant what I was writing... and here I thought I finally found a role model for myself... :(

is there something lacking in your daily lives so much that you cannot reply to any content in a sensible manner?

I had a lengthy skype chat with the voices in my head about your question.

We've come to the conclusion that all of the replies so far were in a sensible manner considering the initial content showcased in the OP.

Well, all but one of us came to the conclusion, one of them just keeps humming the Tetris melody, it's actually quite catchy.

Beta Tester
2,718 posts
1,988 battles

I have to say, I am slightly disappointed with her accuracy, even with equipment.

I do understand things over 18-20km is a bit of RNG, but even under that it's not that great for Das German engineering.

Her ROF is indeed quite nice though, and the turret turn speed is such a rejoice.

Bit surprised by its secondary and AA, though. The 105s and the 6 inches looks really cool and are also surprisingly effective.

AA is actually not that bad, especially if planes get just too close to you.

Her speed is also pretty good, and turning seems causing less speed loss (but then again I was quite used to the 21 knots BB :P).

Edited by Alvin1020

Beta Tester
10 posts

I think you got things wrong in your head. From what I've read in this topic, the overwhelming majority said no. The ship itself is fine.

Also, if you think I'm trolling you then you should think again, because I clearly am not. Beside, none of us here meant to reply to you to do any harm, you should not take things too seriously sometimes. Just chill, get out of your computer chair and go for a walk or something, then come back later.

Well funny that every player I asked in game says it's wildly inaccurate... so who is wrong, the players who are actually playing it or the troll in the forums who is probably NOT!!

Your replies are so typical of the small minded behaviour in these forums...  go play it then form an opinion ok!!  Instead of trying real hard!!

Alvin is right with what he wrote. The AA is great, turret traverse is good and the speed and manoeuvrability is good for a huge battleship...  the main guns are a let down...

Thank you Alvin for posting up something that is sensible and addresses what I was saying.

Edited by Sir_Forsaken

4,163 posts
1,874 battles

Well funny that every player I asked in game says it's wildly inaccurate... so who is wrong, the players who are actually playing it or the troll in the forums who is probably NOT!!

Your replies are so typical of the small minded behaviour in these forums...  go play it then form an opinion ok!!  Instead of trying real hard!!

Alvin is right with what he wrote. The AA is great, turret traverse is good and the speed and manoeuvrability is good for a huge battleship...  the main guns are a let down...

Thank you Alvin for posting up something that is sensible and addresses what I was saying.

*shrug*

Global stats for the Tirpitz can be found here. On the forums here, you're talking to some of the most experienced players. And some people responding here includes those who have been playing the Tirpitz for a substantial amount of time, rather than the random people you ask in-game who likely literally just bought the ship today.

Sign in to follow this