Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Shavo

Cleveland Citadel Area?

20 comments in this topic

44 posts
2,858 battles

I just had a game where I ended up in close quarters battle with a Cleveland (while also in a Cleveland). I couldn't get a citadel hit despite the close range and recalled a couple of days ago that someone mentioned in an in game chat that the Cleveland had a weird citadel placement. In the end, we destroyed each other, but for future games, where is the citadel area(s) on a Cleveland. I checked Youtube but came up empty.

If anyone can enlighten me or link me to somewhere else where this is shown, it would be much appreciated. Thanks guys! :honoring:

Oh, and sorry mods if I've posted this in the wrong area.

Beta Tester
2,040 posts
1,326 battles

It's slightly in front of the 1st smokestack, and about under the 2nd smokestack.

The Cleveland and Baltimore has ridiculously small citadel area, it's difficult to kill that thing.

Oh btw, this might just be my opinion but Cruisers with guns smaller than 200mm tend not get citadel-ed as much being hit at magazines. Just aim for their boiler rooms at middle of ship instead.

Alpha Tester
2,046 posts
277 battles

bsymtXb.jpg

See 22, 33, 70(Right side second smoke stack), 100(Left side first smoke stack), 143 and 152? yeah aim for those.

Good luck sinking em Cheatlands.

Edited by Saito_Himea

Beta Tester
682 posts
4,757 battles

I not sure but I saw somewhere that Cleveland Citadel split in to 2 part right at the water line ... one below and little in front of front smoke pipe and another one below and little behind rear smoke pipe

Beta Tester
2,040 posts
1,326 battles

bsymtXb.jpg

See 22, 33, 70(Right side second smoke stack), 100(Left side first smoke stack), 143 and 152? yeah aim for those.

Yup, it's still ridiculously smaller than most Heavy Cruisers though, and somehow this ship also gets amazing FP and AA at such low tier that even shell trajectory nerf isn't enough to make it balanced. :hiding:

Alpha Tester
2,046 posts
277 battles

Yup, it's still ridiculously smaller than most Heavy Cruisers though, and somehow this ship also gets amazing FP and AA at such low tier that even shell trajectory nerf isn't enough to make it balanced. :hiding:

It needs to have the same fate like Mogamin. :x

44 posts
2,858 battles

bsymtXb.jpg

Wow...Righto, I was aiming sorta in the right areas, but maybe not low enough. I did take out one of his turrets, but as I mentioned in the original post, we killed each other off so I wasn't efficient enough.

Again, thanks folks!

Beta Tester
682 posts
4,757 battles

I mostly give up to use AP's Cruiser when against Cleveland ... Just spam HE instead cas it hard to do citadel hit ... except you got clear shot ... I just use HE to destroy most of it component ...

And with new patch it seem the Cleveland Gun ar more easy to get destroyed .... I have cleveland too and one match the other cruiser knock out my 3 out of 4 turrent ... there goes shell spamer title for cleveland LOL

Edited by WindCruiser

Alpha Tester
6,604 posts
2,477 battles

The thing is "when". Probably 2017 or late 2016.

I DONT CARE

That ship is utterly OP, Small citadel, bigger hp pool than her counterpart, Flamewerfer, extremely long range, Great RoF

Edit: forget to mention her AA

Edited by Harpoon01

Beta Tester
1,825 posts
5,155 battles

The infamous cheatland can be trolling sometimes. 

Believe or not, this screenshot was taken right after i took a torpedo hit. And it did less than 500 damage to me.

Torpedo bombers from the Hiryu. Even the guy next to me, the New York was like: "What the hell?"

v70yZz9.jpg

Beta Tester
63 posts
15,443 battles

Wow! Did you buy lottery that day? Less than 500 damage torpedo hit. They forget to load explosive into that torp or what? lol.

Super Tester
1,397 posts
13,360 battles

Believe or not, this screenshot was taken right after i took a torpedo hit. And it did less than 500 damage to me.

Torpedo bombers from the Hiryu. Even the guy next to me, the New York was like: "What the hell?"

v70yZz9.jpg

took 200dmg from Hakuryuu TB 1 hit, in a Des Moines

Beta Tester
1,825 posts
5,155 battles

Murican power!... Merica [Redacted] Yeah!

Profanity. Post edited, user warned.

~Syanda

Edited by Syanda

Alpha Tester
2,150 posts
486 battles

Perhaps it's like WoT, the only game I've ever played where "critical hit" is something you do NOT want to do to the enemy? So you took module damage which means you didn't take health damage?

Dumbest system ever. Module damage should be ON TOP of health damage, which is why it's "critical".

Of course it could just be aliens, or reasons.

ST Coordinator
2,325 posts
2,196 battles

You sure it was a torpedo hit?

It could be that the torp failed to arm and the dive bomb HE bomb just missed you but did splash damage.

(Cause in that SS I can see the DB together with the TB flying away)

This is what I assume based on that screenshot and positioning of ships. (A replay would be better).

TB's target was the BB next to you (New York?)

TB drops the Torps using auto aim, and you were between the TB and the New York, thus the torpedo from the TB failed to arm in time and hit you.

At the same time DB was attacking you and missed, but the resulting splash damage caused module damage to your ship.

Edited by Windforce

Super Tester
1,634 posts
4,639 battles

Curse you Syanda!!! It's nothing offensive saying "Merica **** yeah!" It's the name of a song! A well-known song in the US! 

#IwantFreedom

This is a repost:

free_speech_zpslek7g8mc.png

Edited by Haku

Beta Tester
682 posts
4,757 battles

Perhaps it's like WoT, the only game I've ever played where "critical hit" is something you do NOT want to do to the enemy? So you took module damage which means you didn't take health damage?

Dumbest system ever. Module damage should be ON TOP of health damage, which is why it's "critical".

Of course it could just be aliens, or reasons.

Haha .. I have same feeling too ... it not much as in WoT since Critical hit are more clearly do something ...and you not shot only 1 shells but around 10 or more ...

In WoT the Criticals hit are almost feel bad as a miss shot ... you aim right at the weak point of the armor and Bam! criticals hit 0 damage ... Goshhhh

Sign in to follow this