Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
BigWaveSurfer

Common Clans Coming to World of Warplanes

10 comments in this topic

[CLAY]
Alpha Tester
944 posts
5,645 battles

I see linked clans WoT/WoWp/WoWs is coming

http://worldofwarplanes.com/news/general/common-clans-coming/

does this mean they are going to start a ASIA WoWp server soon?

interesting thing is I'm banned from joining a clan using this account since my WoT is now in ASIA now, so I can't join a NA clan for WoWp.

would have put this in 'off topic' but we don't have one

Edited by BigWaveSurfer

[CLAY]
Alpha Tester
944 posts
5,645 battles

a lot of interesting posts going on in WoWp mostly to do with guys who are in good WoT clans but there clan has No interest in WoWp but the player is locked into that clan and can not join a good WoWp clan.

so when this WoWs ASIA gets 'common clans' you will want to hope you are not locked into a WoT clan that has no interest in WoWs or your could find yourself locked in a lonely WoWs clan.

Edited by BigWaveSurfer

[SIF]
Senior Moderator
2,562 posts

As good as this sounds, I would consider it to little, too late.

WG already had one game with clans, the knowledge to port clan functionality to WoWP was there, yet never implemented.

Hopefully the same mistake will not be made with WoWS

[CLAY]
Alpha Tester
944 posts
5,645 battles

that is why I wanted to bring it up here as soon as I saw it.

for me it is no big deal I'm only interested in WWI to WWII, so I don't have any interest in playing above tier 8 in tanks or planes, here it will be a different story as the tier 10's are 1945/46

my guess is if you are in a WoT clan you might want to start talking about it soon or later but before the game goes live because 'common clans' will happen here

[SIF]
Senior Moderator
2,562 posts

Not a problem for ships, halve of OE have applied for Alpha (last round/this round) the other halve is waiting for beta, so all good.

The lack of an Asian WP server will be the problem. As I said, it is too late. Clans should have been instigated shortly after live release, A "Clan oriented" push should have been conducted etc, instead all anyone got when they went looking for an aircraft game was adds for Warthunder, a bigger, better PR campaign was needed.

695 posts
2,153 battles

Yes but as a WoT clan commander it will be really hard with 100 member limit to get good tanker's and Captain's and for a clan to do well in both sides of the games let alone WoWp too but that is a different issue.

[CLAY]
Alpha Tester
944 posts
5,645 battles

Yes but as a WoT clan commander it will be really hard with 100 member limit to get good tanker's and Captain's and for a clan to do well in both sides of the games let alone WoWp too but that is a different issue.

Going by the lack of information coming from WG on this it would look like they are trying to work out the best way to run this now that they have had no shortage of feed back on the forums. It might even be possible that they will lift the clan member max, who know WG isn't talking so I'm guessing there is a lot of talking going on behind closed doors. Guess we will just have to wait and see what they come back with.

[CLAY]
Alpha Tester
944 posts
5,645 battles

This just turned up on the Russian WoWp site http://worldofwarplanes.ru/news/clans/generals-clans-event/

From what I can work out (using translate with Bing) WoWp will have it's own map and have no interaction with WoT map. the 'common clan' thing is that you are locked into your WoT clan and if they have a good WoWp team then they will get gold coming into the clan as a whole from owning land in WoWp as well as any WoT land they hold. I am guessing (note the word guessing) that when 'common clan' are introduced here it will be much along the same lines. However I'm sure a lot of water will pass under the bridge between now and then so there may be some difference. will keep an eye on things with interest.

[CLAY]
Alpha Tester
944 posts
5,645 battles

Some are saying that it could be a way to stop the domination of top clans, so they can't field good teams in every game. Stopping them from owning land in two or more of the games. Or this is a way to make them use some of the free xp on a new game. Guess we will have to wait and see.

Alpha Tester
15 posts

The worst thing that could happen is require soldiers from a clan to download all 3 games in one big campaign. But that's way off, lets let the game get released first, let alone getting out of alpha :tongue:

Sign in to follow this