Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
grannyslam

take RNG out of this game ....

45 comments in this topic

13 posts
6,664 battles

so I've been thinking about the games that stand the test of time .... { classic games for you young bloods }

what is a classic game .... ?? Counter Strike ... Street Fighter ... Mario Bros ... Doom

what are these games built on ...

SKILL !!

why are they re-playable after a so may years ... they're skill based !!

please take RNG out of this game ...

let players know what percent of chance they will start a fire with every tier ..

make grouping of shell standard ..

please let this game be founded on skill and not some numerical chance

I really want this game to be great ...

Dev don't settle for average !!

13 posts
6,664 battles

Sorry I prefer my cheatland to BBQ someone instead, I said no...:sceptic:

what ?

how is your comment productive !?

do you want this community to grow ?!

try thinking before you speak !!

it might help !!

Edited by grannyslam

1,923 posts
4,018 battles

what ?

how is your comment productive !?

do you want this community to grow ?!

try thinking before you speak !!

it might help !!

One thing before they even try to remove the RNG fix the current blue line issue then I will think whether should we remove the RNG but for right now there no need to remove it.

13 posts
6,664 battles

One thing before they even try to remove the RNG fix the current blue line issue then I will think whether should we remove the RNG but for right now there no need to remove it.

ok the teacher is coming out in me ... learn to make a sentence !!!

there is a need to remove RNG from this game ... read the posts on reddit and even this site ...

players want RNG out of this game ....

if you don't listen to your players then you are doomed { like your spelling }

13 posts
6,664 battles

Oh boy, we need another slot on the Bingo card. :hiding:

[content removed]

General insults. Post edited, user warned.

~amade

Edited by amade

Beta Tester
2,040 posts
1,326 battles

ok the teacher is coming out in me ... learn to make a sentence !!!

there is a need to remove RNG from this game ... read the posts on reddit and even this site ...

players want RNG out of this game ....

if you don't listen to your players then you are doomed { like your spelling }

Which "players" are you referring to? Do you know how many groups of players there are?

Also I heard at some points that WG glad they weren't listening to every players on their forums, I wonder... :hiding:

[content removed]

Am I? :hiding:

Quote updated.

~amade

Edited by amade

1,923 posts
4,018 battles

Which "players" are you referring to? Do you know how many groups of players there are?

Also I heard at some points that WG glad they weren't listening to every players on their forums, I wonder... :hiding:

I m so loss someone entert@in me ple@se...... :ohmy:

13 posts
6,664 battles

try looking on reddit .... world of warships ...

I'm not going to spoon feed you information if you cant even look for yourself.

its called the internet ....

try searching [content removed] !!

General insults. Post edited, user already warned.

~amade

Edited by amade

Beta Tester
2,040 posts
1,326 battles

I'm not going to spoon feed you information if you cant even look for yourself.

its called the internet ....

try searching [Content removed] !!

*Incoming red text* 

Everyone take cover, someone here is mad. :hiding: :popcorn:

Serious answer: Are you sure you know how to make a better game than developers of a successful company? If so then you should apply for a job at WG RU, they are in charge of handling this game.

Quote updated

~Syanda

Edited by Syanda

Super Tester
2,500 posts
1,535 battles

It's funny you write that, because the first topic that caught my eyes on reddit was about players being rude.... coincidence?

Super Tester
1,634 posts
4,639 battles

[content removed]

Channeling E. E. Cummings, aren't you?

God/Allah/Yahweh/Zoroaster/Amateratsu/being-of-higher-power/Taoist-God-of-Football (WALA!!!) plays dice. It was scientifically proven.

With my stats, I don't think there is much disagreement that I am an above average player in this game. I'm also a tournament player who is (well, was) in Gold League for World of Tanks. Despite the background, I still think that RNG is an essential tool in games because it sometimes forces players into unexpected situations that they must adapt to. This adds to the overall experience of the game, that X factor and with it, the anticipation of what is to come after. The fun is in exploiting those outcomes or making the best out of bad rolls given to you to come out on top.

If I were to use an example with this game: if I could make all of my shots land where I want it, when I want it, it wouldn't be fun and all of my battles would be basically a grind to get to the next tier; who wants to play a game like that, or invest in it? I enjoy a challenge; that feeling of having a wrench thrown into the works that suddenly makes me scramble to think of something new on the spot. On the flip side, getting an unexpected critical hit (a la HMS Hood) can flip the tables and have you celebrate an awesome unexpected moment, and suddenly you get confident (or overconfident) with the awesome turn of events, but they all add to my overall enjoyment.

Quote updated.

~amade

Edited by amade

1,923 posts
4,018 battles

It's funny you write that, because the first topic that caught my eyes on reddit was about players being rude.... coincidence?

I @m still lost I only le@rn how to BBQ Ships only.....:ohmy:
Edited by davud1537

4,163 posts
1,874 battles

If I were to use an example with this game: if I could make all of my shots land where I want it, when I want it, it wouldn't be fun and all of my battles would be basically a grind to get to the next tier; who wants to play a game like that, or invest in it? I enjoy a challenge; that feeling of having a wrench thrown into the works that suddenly makes me scramble to think of something new on the spot. On the flip side, getting an unexpected critical hit (a la HMS Hood) can flip the tables and have you celebrate an awesome unexpected moment, and suddenly you get confident (or overconfident) with the awesome turn of events, but they all add to my overall enjoyment.

Or tl;dr version - if this happened, the game would be a point-and-click adventure where reflexes, not tactics, determines outcome.

Beta Tester
2,040 posts
1,326 battles

Channeling E. E. Cummings, aren't you?

God/Allah/Yahweh/Zoroaster/Amateratsu/being-of-higher-power/Taoist-God-of-Football (WALA!!!) plays dice. It was scientifically proven.

With my stats, I don't think there is much disagreement that I am an above average player in this game. I'm also a tournament player who is (well, was) in Gold League for World of Tanks. Despite the background, I still think that RNG is an essential tool in games because it sometimes forces players into unexpected situations that they must adapt to. This adds to the overall experience of the game, that X factor and with it, the anticipation of what is to come after. The fun is in exploiting those outcomes or making the best out of bad rolls given to you to come out on top.

I think OP is just upset because of BB accuracy, particularly USN ones. :hiding: I'm not sure does he know that BB's RNG accuracy is there to stay for game balance, and to a small extend, Historical Accuracy. 

But yes, RNG is an essential part of the game, despite how a number of people objecting its presence in the games. Heck, there are even games made out entirely of RNG, and there's still tons of people enjoying it, you know what I'm talking about. :P

Beta Tester
2,083 posts
5,169 battles

try to play games like neverwinter and dungeon & dragon, you might lean to respect how RNG make game more enjoyable. OP try to name  game today without RNG? all game today has RNG to some extend and if you remove them then they will make the game too predictable.

4,163 posts
1,874 battles

WoWS's RNG is a child's play compared to 100% OJ's RNG.

Well, that game is literally called 100% RNG. (orange juice - RNG).

But hell, even all the games OP mentioned incorporate RNG in some form or another. Dispersion, damage calculation, etc...

Super Tester
2,500 posts
1,535 battles

try to play games like neverwinter and dungeon & dragon, you might lean to respect how RNG make game more enjoyable.

xXLordOfDoomXx: "I try to log into WoWS."

DM: "Roll a dice for your RnG."

xXLordOfDoomXx: "1..."

DM: "It appears that despite your hardest attempts to quickly log in and get playing your finger slips and accidentally you enter a wrong password, make an intelligence check, please."

xXLordOfDoomXx: "Oh c'mon! Another 1..."

DM: "The bread inside your head, somewhat functioning as a brain doesn't realise the finger slip and instead goes to the forum to rage about being unable to connect.

You choose to attempt to log in again after some shenanigans involving a lot of people making fun of you. Roll for log in."

xXLordOfDoomXx: "Hah, aced! 20."

DM: "You successfully log into the game and get a pop-up stating that you won 2 days of premium account time, what will you do now?"

xXLordOfDoomXx: "Do I have to roll if I want to yell 'HELL YEAH' while jumping up from my seat leading into an awesome victory dance?"

DM: "An agility check... also remember you're a gamer."

xXLordOfDoomXx: "Ah... yeah, right... -5 to all agility rolls, nvm then. I just pick my Wyoming and go to battle."

DM: "RnG roll for matchmaking, please."

xXLordOfDoomXx: "Can I re-roll that?"

DM: "Congratulations, at the beginning of the game a DD writes something in an asian language you don't recognise, another DD takes offense to this and boldly disclaims

'-insert insult- noobs talk a human language!'. The first DD replies to this with gun fire, setting the later on fire.

Angered by this aggressive treatment of his clearly justified measures the other DD opens fire aswell and 40 seconds later both are sinking to the cold depths of the ocean.

But what is that?! Some of the torpedoes launched by the DDs are heading towards you! What will you do now?!"

xXLordOfDoomXx: "I quickly take evasive actions... uhm... let me check my character sheet... ... can I use my calm perk to make the throw easier?"

DM: "Of course, that's a +3 to the dice roll."

xXLordOfDoomXx: "Hmmm... plus three... that's... uhhh... okayish?"

DM: "Actually that's just enough to dodge it, well done. What will you do now?"

xXLordOfDoomXx: "I will turn towards the eastern side of the map and sail at full speed."

DM: "Make an RnG check."

xXLordOfDoomXx: "For what?"

DM: "Just roll the dice... Well... well, what do we have here."

xXLordOfDoomXx: "Oh dear cake..."

DM: "Well, as it turns out dodging the torpedoes not only got you close enough to the enemy team to get spotted, they also opened fire on you.

Several dozen high calibre AP shells are descending upon your Wyoming, however! You're quite lucky as all of them miss.

Buffled by your luck you quickly sail onwards not realising that terror is watching from above.

Several dozen torpedo and dive bombers charge down towards you and the dive bombers destroy your rudder, as quickly as humanly possible your

hand reaches for the damage control button, but too late!

Twelve menacing torpedoes are closing in on the broadside of your battleship, you realise that nothing can be done to stop them.

Just before the torpedoes reach you a single high calibre AP shell appears on the horizont, unable to do anything it hits your battleship's deck and

fights it's way deep inside your ship, deck by deck it rips through it until it reaches turret no. 3's magazine and the last thing you see

is a blinding explosion.

The battle has ended for you... but atleast you weren't sunk by the devious carriers... it is after all the little things that count, right?"

Edited by Retia

Beta Tester
2,083 posts
5,169 battles

If you remove RNG, then there's no fun in the game.

I don't know about you, but I'm glad that there's RNG... or the Atlanta can spam fires like no end.

try battleship with 0 dispersion played by veteran battleship players. boom citadel, boom citadel, boom citadel. :D 

Sign in to follow this