You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Ermi_Doenitz

Bismarck Also Premium

37 comments in this topic

3 posts
6 battles

Seriously Wargaming?

How can you be so greedy?

This is really what we needed, more money scheming nonsense, better make the whole german line P2W, right?

What's the problem you might ask?

Easily answered!

Bismarck already has a wiki page on WG's official wikipedia.

And guess what... it's a premium ship that will cost gold to buy!

tAIuhJD.png

Of course it won't be 500 gold, going by what Tirpitz costs and by how much more legendary Bismarck is I'd say they'll sell it for quite a lot more

than Tirpitz is costing right now... seriously... Wargaming is going downhill fast.

I guess since they can't fix the issues WoWS currently has they just try to make a quick sale out of it.

Get as much money as possible than bail out of the project like with WoWP, ggwp WG.

Why not try to use some of that money to fix things like underpowered DDs and OP carriers?

Bluelining still not fixed? Do something about the other hundreds of issues currently in-game?

Nah, better make more $$$, because $$$ are worth more than the customer, right?

Here's the link to the full wiki page, WG should be ashamed to pull off crap like this... seriously wtf...

Link

Edited by Ermi_Doenitz

Super Tester
1,677 posts

Err... I think it was already said the lead ship is a standard flippin ship and its little sister is THE prem. How'd you get that conclusion? And 500 goald?

Also, 404'd.

Edited by EvyL

3 posts
6 battles

Err... I think it was already said the lead ship is a standard flippin ship and its little sister is THE prem. How'd you get that conclusion? And 500 goald?

Also, 404'd.

Like I wrote the 500 gold are just a placeholder, but it's always an indicator for a premium vehicle for WG games.

I also fixed the link, obviously this wanna-be makeshift forum wasn't able to get anything right...

Spoiler

Yeah, you're prolly someone with enough money on his hands to buy everything anyway, why not make all ships premium content, right?

Beta Tester
2,040 posts
1,326 battles

Like I wrote the 500 gold are just a placeholder, but it's always an indicator for a premium vehicle for WG games.

I also fixed the link, obviously this wanna-be makeshift forum wasn't able to get anything right...

That premium status is also placeholder too. Such has been happening all the time in WoT for vehicles in supertesting.

Funny how people are quick to assume things.

Oh wait, that's not even funny, that's just... *facepalm*

Super Tester
1,677 posts

... seriously? you REALLY believe that the Bismarck is a prem?

if you believe it then I'll ask you this: exactly WHAT will take the Bismarck's place at tier 8? surely its not the Scharnhorst as it is likely slotted at tier 7 or you believe that thing is premium as well. going by your bit then the Admiral Hipper will be prem as well despite the RUdevs already releasing their preliminary cruiser tree.

not everything you see in the damned wiki is the whole end of the deal, you know...

EDIT: "The famous duo of mighty Bismarck-class battleships – the one and only Bismarck and her sister-ship Tirpitz, the “monster from the Fjords”. Both will be occupying their rightful spots at Tier VIII; the former as a standard vessel and the latter being a premium ship."

well ain't that a handful.

Edited by EvyL

Alpha Tester
105 posts
428 battles

I figure it's because everyone seems to think Bismarck's awesome, and some would even go so far to call her "The most powerful ship in world war 2" that WG figures "hey, why not make them pay for it".

Edit: Pay for them. Twice. Since even Tirpitz is premium, too. I'd say this would be an unprecedented practice in pay2win, but who would I be kidding?

Edited by ChaosGhost

[SIF]
Senior Moderator
2,563 posts

People have obviously forgotten that Bismark was originally touted by WG as the German tier 8 premium. 

Thank You Potoroo, I have been trying to remind people for ages.

The Bismark WAS going to be the prem ship, however that has now been changed to the Tirpitz. The Bismark will now be the standard ship on the tech tree. No idea what her upgrade path will be, since she was never fully completed! 

Only time will tell, oh and something else that needs to be remembered, the Russian tech tree is coming first, not the German (unless WG changes their minds again)

Super Tester
1,177 posts
4,099 battles

You haven't thought this out properly, have you OP? Surely you're smart enough to realise that by having a cost of 500 gold as a placeholder, that the placeholder can change to standard credits at any time?

The placeholders are there because the ships aren't implemented yet. Devs and testers might fiddle with them and the ships will change accordingly.

P.S. Wargaming doesn't have an official "Wikipedia", which is a trademark of the Wikimedia Foundation.

Alpha Tester
802 posts
2,945 battles

Ze Germans are a big money winner, very popular with a cult following, post ww2.

[Content Removed]

Just as you shouldn't beleib everything you read about ww2....

Social/Religious/Political content. Content removed, user warned.

~_Aigis_

Alpha Tester
982 posts

I tell my 9yo daughter every week "just because it's on the news, doesn't make it true". 

Same with history. People are so happy to forget that the Christian lands of the Middle East, North Africa, Spain and the southern part of France were ALL CONQUERED BEFORE the first Crusade. But the Crusades are always touted as being the source of so many problems today. Funny how facts can be forgotten when they are not convenient.

Beta Tester
2,040 posts
1,326 battles

Only time will tell, oh and something else that needs to be remembered, the Russian tech tree is coming first, not the German (unless WG changes their minds again)

Nope, ze Germans are coming first, starting with Cruisers. It was announced sometime ago (forgot which convention was it) that German Cruisers gonna arrive sometime around October.

Alpha Tester
982 posts

Nope, ze Germans are coming first, starting with Cruisers. It was announced sometime ago (forgot which convention was it) that German Cruisers gonna arrive sometime around October.

I read the same. Don't recall the ETA though. Just had a look and couldn't find the post :unsure:

[STGGC]
Beta Tester
162 posts
2,861 battles

you mean 2015 gamescon?

Alpha Tester
1,638 posts
7,230 battles

And who is going to pay the dev's wages if there is no incoming money?

If the money stops, the servers stop, and no-one plays.

Unfortunately, the world does not run on volunteers.