You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Coopz

Hardly any CVs since update.

23 comments in this topic

7 posts
279 battles

Wasted about 2 hours playing WoW today,  I think I saw carriers in about 2 battles.  It was a vast difference to a week ago when almost every match had 4 of them hiding in the corners. 

Either the nerf bat has hit them hard or they have become more technical to play? No idea as I have no interest in the class and the lower numbers are making me enjoy this game a bit more. 

Beta Tester
773 posts
796 battles

It is odd to suddenly get battles without any CVs.  I'm curious to know whether it's a meaningless anomaly or if it's indicating something.

Beta Tester
120 posts
4,246 battles

Don't know what game your playing, I've seen dozens of them.. Always one or two per side..  Getting kinda tired of them.. Dropping their torps in close, instant death.. and yes I see them coming and move my ship to try to minimize the damage but any half decent CV driver knows how to move his planes to hit you hard.. I still think they need to up the time it takes to turn the planes around.. but that's an argument for another day..    

Super Tester
2,500 posts
1,535 battles

I'm curious to know whether it's a meaningless anomaly or if it's indicating something.

It's indicating that I'm back on the steering wheel. :coin:

FKnp5qY.jpg

BQ6Po6h.jpg

505 posts
4,176 battles

No one likes carriers, even carrier players themselves. :trollface:

I'm a CV player most of my games are CL or CV but the problem is the puny margin error and i was discriminated because i was late as a CV player

The margin for error is so small that  one mistake can let the game into a loss

CV's are probably all playing PVE as they have to recalibrate their manual drop distances.

probably but for the most part due to the increase in lower tier (4-5) AA like yubari , CV just have to watch out but i feel for the most part i just need to be vary of the kongo BB when it's AA is fully upgraded

Maybe the patch cleaned the CV player pool up, leaving only the few best remain.

Or maybe you were just lucky that MM got drunk and forgot to put CV in. :hiding:

Nah probably the fear of the changes in the gameplay is too much to handle, for example me im a chill person i am always tabbed out when my planes are going to position or coming back

one thing i noted is fighters... HARDLY use the *skill* whatever they called it (ALT) i find that a bit difficult to use and most people just play same-old , unless it's just me not noticing people doing the *skill*

Super Tester
2,500 posts
1,535 battles

Retia... I salute you for having ABSOLUTE PATIENCE with that Bogus....

The absolute patience of murdering entire air wings?

Tbh, I wouldn't call flying straight into waves of bombers hiding above ships with decent AA and still butchering them patient. :child:

Super Tester
2,500 posts
1,535 battles

So is it worth going back to US CV's Retia?

It's okay I guess, I haven't encountered a single other US CV with the aerial superiority loadout.

Hence you might imagine how easy it is to punish any attempts at bombing stuff while I'm around.

On the other hand the dive bombers are still garbage.

Well aimed manual drops usually net you some damage or a DD kill, but most of the time you won't have

the time for manual drops since you're busy hunting down enemy bombers while avoiding the AA fire of the ships below the bombers.

And then of course there is the still existing issue with the rewards.

Personally I don't care if it takes 100 or 400 battles to get to the next CV.

I'm not interested in higher tiers unless they're better balanced, so I have all the time in the world to enjoy

obliterating the foolish who use bomber loadouts.

A note at the side, just as written in my thread, the strafing ability is garbage, never ever use it.

PS:

2 fighter squadrons are still not enough to cover the whole map, hence why every now and then the enemy CV gets some damage.