You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Tewaka

No Carrier Maps

78 comments in this topic

26 posts
1,524 battles

Hi WG, is it possible to have a few more maps where its carrier excluded? The game is waaay more fun going toe to toe with BBs and DD and CAs......Carriers ruin this game with the 500 million planes they seem to have, maybe then we could actually employ some tactics in this game, DDs might be able to creep closer to enemies for example, instead of being spotted every 10 seconds by one of the 50 planes flying around the map.....

Or maybe a feature where we can tick a box or something so we can go into maps without carriers, that way players can make a conscious choice on if they want to play against CVs or not....

Beta Tester
2,718 posts
1,988 battles

And here we go about the CV/SPG Ruin games arguement again.

Go on, Have some popcorn - Chocolate or Original? Server with Coca-Pespi.

EJJmyxI.gif

Edited by Alvin1020

Alpha Tester
6,604 posts
2,477 battles

The same answer for the Non-SPG map

No

The reason is coming soon...

Must take a bath

Edited by Harpoon01

26 posts
1,524 battles

And here we go about the CV/SPG Ruin games arguement again.

Go on, Have some popcorn - Chocolate or Original? Server with Coca-Pespi.

EJJmyxI.gif

Dont like the post, dont post then.....Its a simple request, I know alot of people who talk about it during maps, there would be no harm in having maps with no Carriers in it, sometimes the Matchmaker does this already, so having an option to select where you dont want to be in maps IMO would be a good thing.

Oh and BTW prefer butter on my popcorn....

Edited by Tewaka

26 posts
1,524 battles

The same answer for the Non-SPG map

No

The reason is coming soon...

Must take a bath

Man What ship has an SPG on it?

Super Tester
2,500 posts
1,535 battles

I still think having a button to only have sub 50% wr enemies would be better.

This would solve your issue with CVs, too, since you would have other things to worry about. :great:

Beta Tester
2,718 posts
1,988 battles

They won't even put in an option to disable "a" Single Map of our choice (I would insta-put Prokhorovka) - You think they will do your suggestion?

WG pls - I would happily play even more M53/55 to have some more "1v1 me Real tenk N_b S__ [Redacted]" :trollface:

Edited by Alvin1020

Alpha Tester
6,604 posts
2,477 battles

Seems popcorn tastes very good nowadays

Is there any SPG/artillery on the ship, Trust me, most warship have them

Edited by Harpoon01

Super Tester
2,314 posts
7,096 battles

This would solve your issue with CVs, too, since you would have other things to worry about. :great:

Can I have a box I can tick that lets me never have good players on the opposing team?

I fully support Retia on this

213 posts
4,335 battles

Excluding 50%+ players would kill 2 birds with 1 stones since all the carriers have 65% win rates.:p

But seriously, the OPs got it right. Everyone would click that box except CV players. All CV games would be 15 CVs vs 15 CVs! Let the sadistic bastads kill each other! 

Edited by Gorbon_Rubsay

Super Tester
2,500 posts
1,535 battles

Co-op. 

Bots are better than many players I've encountered in coop...

Excluding 50%+ players would kill 2 birds with 1 stones since all the carriers have 65% win rates.:p

I suggest to read my suggestion again...

But seriously, the OPs got it right. Everyone would click that box except CV players. All CV games would be 15 CVs vs 15 CVs! Let the sadistic bastads kill each other! 

Funny that's the same thing the vocal minority said sbout SPGs in WoT, and I still remember the results

of a poll on the FTR blog on this subject.

The majority of the people reading that blog didn't want SPGs to be removed.

Alpha Tester
6,604 posts
2,477 battles

Funny that's the same thing the vocal minority said sbout SPGs in WoT, and I still remember the results

of a poll on the FTR blog on this subject.

The majority of the people reading that blog didn't want SPGs to be removed.

Basically, those who want SPG, CV, Torpedoes, Stealth Unit gone.....

are Minority:D:hiding:

51 posts
504 battles

This whole SPG / CV thing makes me think about the overhead view in SPG. It would be far better if in WOT, SPG view was just like zooming in with a battleships guns. The overhead "satellite" view is no less unrealistic as a zoom view that goes over hills and trees.

Just a thought..

Alpha Tester
372 posts
715 battles

There is such option yet it will implement soon I don't know when but there is not need to have a map without CV they could be a very good ships to turn the table around there is not need to dislike them if you dislike CV means you dislike CV player like me Aww..... :rolleyes::P  don't dislike CV player like them XD 

1,923 posts
4,018 battles

There is such option yet it will implement soon I don't know when but there is not need to have a map without CV they could be a very good ships to turn the table around there is not need to dislike them if you dislike CV means you dislike CV player like me Aww..... :rolleyes::P  don't dislike CV player like them XD 

I don't hate CV Commanders i only hate noobs CV and Border humping Commanders..... They sent plane i just dish my Cleveland out then.

Super Tester
802 posts

CVs are way more balanced than arty in WoT will every be. You can shoot down a CV's "shell" where you can eliminate or lesser the chance of being hit.

That and unless you get magazine detonation, you can't really be instagibbed without most CVs stacking bombers to get you.

Alpha Tester
372 posts
715 battles

I don't hate CV Commanders i only hate noobs CV and Border humping Commanders..... They sent plane i just dish my Cleveland out then.

yea me too i dont like CV commanders hugging the blue line lol if they know they are gonna die just die heroic way rite there is no need to huge the blue line :D