You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
xxthecatalystxx

More Sinking Animations? Disability Animations?

8 comments in this topic

1 post
542 battles

Been playing WoWs since June, 2015. Noted a lack of different sinking animations? 

Examples:

-Yamato's massive internal magazine explosion in her final moments 

-Yamato firing her guns one last time before exploding (can be blanks)

-(In torpedo hit events) A WW2 cruiser [i forget which, ,maybe {Maya}] had its bow completely torn off after taking multiple torp hits

I feel the game can be made to feel more real like that.^^ 

Also, for the incapacitating hits, like when the torps get taken out or the guns are disabled... how about animations for them too? 

-Main gun disabled: Sparks flying from the area where the turrets are mounted? 

-AA guns disabled: Animated crew members bringing along 'spares' from the lower decks to replace them? 

OH YEAH. BETTER CAMOUFLAGE. 

RAZZLE DAZZLE CAMO. 
http://static1.squarespace.com/static/53fc6532e4b0c8b470d66bf9/54170ab6e4b0fcb73b72da96/54170abce4b0800b167ae6c9/1410796220531/index.jpeg

razzle dazzle.jpeg

Beta Tester
1,825 posts
5,175 battles

-(In torpedo hit events) A WW2 cruiser [i forget which, ,maybe {Maya}] had its bow completely torn off after taking multiple torp hits

-AA guns disabled: Animated crew members bringing along 'spares' from the lower decks to replace them? 

The ship would likely to be completely out of action if it's bow is torn off.

And no human figure would be implemented... 

Super Tester
2,725 posts

Already done.

No, because of blood & WG is maintaining Audience Age 13+

Same answer for World of Tanks, when random community suggested crew animation for all tanks.

[PBKAC]
Alpha Tester
42 posts
1,414 battles

I would like to see so more "special effects"

Larger detonations, Larger ripple effects and better sound effects on the death of a ship

45 posts
1,228 battles

There was a US heavy cruiser lost its entire bow to a long lance torp in one of the slot battles. Ill post a picture of it. Was repaired quite quickly be replacing the whole bow.

48 posts
1,729 battles

Inertia and momentum be applied. When the ships reach it's endpoint, depending on how fast the ship is going, I'd prefer the sinking to be forward/backward-rolling until the ship has sunk. Unless of course, it's stationary. Right now, it just stops, then sink.

406 posts
6,287 battles

There was a US heavy cruiser lost its entire bow to a long lance torp in one of the slot battles. Ill post a picture of it. Was repaired quite quickly be replacing the whole bow.

didn't a US carrier before or after Midway have something similar - they cannibalised the bow off one of the Sister ships that was being built to repair it.