You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
zzzzYeti

Broadside with several turrets firing blanks - worse since 4.1

8 comments in this topic

70 posts
890 battles

I fire a full broadside (all turrets green indicated - loaded) from my New Mexico and I see only 6 shells heading towards target. Nearly all miss. All turrets are re-loading.

I fire a full broadside (all turrets green indicated - loaded) from my Colorado and I see only 4 or 6 shells heading toward target. All miss. All turrets are re-loading.

I have turrets half loaded (front turrets loaded - rear 15 secs to go) on my Colorado. I fire front turrets, four shells heading towards target. But ALL turrets are reloading from start, as if rear turrets had fired also.

All this did happen before patch but rarely. It's happening quite a lot now. Even for two broadsides in a row is now common. 

I don't think it is an animation fault (just failing to show all shells fired) because the hit rate is always extremely low, if not zero.

BTW: my game is playing well ATM, good ping, no de-synch. It's all good otherwise and I am happy. Just thought you should know

Beta Tester
2,718 posts
1,988 battles

I have turrets half loaded (front turrets loaded - rear 15 secs to go) on my Colorado. I fire front turrets, four shells heading towards target. But ALL turrets are reloading from start, as if rear turrets had fired also.

Are you switching ammo? (Say you press AP/HE Once to switch ammo after the salvo)

70 posts
890 battles

Are you switching ammo? (Say you press AP/HE Once to switch ammo after the salvo)

No. I am still quite the noob and I swap rarely (obviously should swap more often but i don't). I might swap maybe 3 times a game and then I usually swap long before I fire, pressing once. At every game start I press '2' so I will reload AP after first salvo. I only change back if I am being swamped with HE from many cruisers, to give them a fire as payback as I die. Or if I am fighting a DD at close range or want to stop a CV from launching. I always seem to hit more often with HE, but with only tiny damage, so I mainly use AP. I don't use 'Track the selected target'. btw.
Edited by zzzzYeti

Super Tester
2,725 posts

Hmmm... Can you post your in-game graphics settings? Just the graphics tab.

You sure there are no obstacles (tall mountains, hills, etc.) on the shells' path towards the target? And how often you've encountered this per battle?

Edited by Mingfang47

70 posts
890 battles

My settings are purposely a bit conservative for my rig, maybe.

I have an i7-960, 12Gb PC2000MHz RAM and a 4GB GTX970

There are no objects in the way, and it's about 3 or 4 times a game.

I will take and post screenshots tonight.

JMVux4c.png

Edited by zzzzYeti

70 posts
890 battles

I had a bad night, played really bad, including 1 game where I survived on a winning team and never fired a shot. And otherwise I just died a lot. So I only noticed the bug once. This is an in game screenshot, with 4 shells from the broadside arriving on target but all 8 barrels re-loading.

o0tFwFr.jpg

This morning I ran the replay and It is far from helpful. The replay shows my guns pointed the complete wrong way - so that is confusing - just a bug in the replay I guess. Anyway here is a shot from the replay of game time a few seconds before the one above. I also realize there is an island there but really I didn't hit that - I waited till I was well clear. My four are the center group (three dots here) - to either side are incoming.

7jW85rE.jpg

And a second earlier - my shots are the four brightest dots. But yes it's confusing with the incoming shells.

FXeSkba.jpg

I will get some more tonight.

Oh BTW: the in game shot is 40fps and ping 109ms (just in case you can't read it)

Edited by zzzzYeti