You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Velvet_Scarlantina

Wretched X spawn

15 comments in this topic

Super Tester
802 posts

I thought WG was going to remove the wretched X spawn in Hotspot?

Seriously among all the maps, that's the most (censored) map of all

I hated it at first, but given the passiveness of players here, being able to shoot at someone within the first 5 minutes of a game is a nice relief. 

Beta Tester
2,718 posts
1,988 battles

I hated it at first, but given the passiveness of players here, being able to shoot at someone within the first 5 minutes of a game is a nice relief. 

True, Unless you are shot at by both flanks and your "Other Half" of your team went missing until the last 5 minutes in the game.

Beta Tester
2,718 posts
1,988 battles

It's a CV nightmare map and more often than not your fleet abandons you. If you're lucky you'll have player that help you

Oh boy, I had Multiple Nightmare in the Ranger towards the end of CBT in Hotspot.

Imagine the Newly introduced + Completely Balanced IJN CV Cooldown time + the Ultra Low Arm Time + The Original USN CV Spread vs Rangers' 2 Very Lonely Fighter Squadrons.

The Idea behind it is interesting, but problem is it don't work realistically.

Edited by Alvin1020

Super Tester
2,314 posts
7,094 battles

Yep..... But between a 3 fighter CAG on IJN and a 2 fighter CAG on USN... I'm more aftaid of the USN than the IJN

But in Hotspot, your chances of surviving LONGER in other classes is WAY WAY higher than in CV. 1st thing in Hotspot... NUKE THE ENEMY CV!

Super Tester
630 posts
9,479 battles

True, Unless you are shot at by both flanks and your "Other Half" of your team went missing until the last 5 minutes in the game.

Happens way too often and when I see this happening I try to get to the other side to help my team ASAP full speed ahead... sadly... the other battleships that spawned on my side wanted to take a nice long walk the long way around and try and sit back and snipe.
Edited by mikenzb

Beta Tester
760 posts
6,921 battles

Yep..... But between a 3 fighter CAG on IJN and a 2 fighter CAG on USN... I'm more aftaid of the USN than the IJN

But in Hotspot, your chances of surviving LONGER in other classes is WAY WAY higher than in CV. 1st thing in Hotspot... NUKE THE ENEMY CV!

Yeap  - CV zerg rush is standard on this map especially with high tiers, problem being some CV players don't appreciate the help when they get it or don't try to follow the teams CA's and move to the edge of the map instead :(

Super Tester
2,314 posts
7,094 battles

Yeap  - CV zerg rush is standard on this map especially with high tiers, problem being some CV players don't appreciate the help when they get it or don't try to follow the teams CA's and move to the edge of the map instead :(

It's not helpful when the flotilla turns back the moment they get fired upon any you're still moving forward since you're preoccupied coordinating planes

Super Tester
532 posts
1,052 battles

The X spawn forces a fight, and I'd rather have a fight than spend 15 odd minutes waiting for the pubbies to do anything.

The passivity of the average pub is disgusting.

Edited by ExESGO

32 posts
794 battles

The new straits map with the split spawns can be a bit hit and miss too. Not quite as bad as hot spot but still annoying when you're slow.