Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
VNN_HQ_012_LTT

Question about USA aircraft carrier V Bogue

6 comments in this topic

423 posts
3,175 battles

because of the "balancing layout" on CV. The default air group is only 1F-1T-0D. With the modular upgrade you'll have the offensive combo (0F-1T-2D) or the defensive combo (2F-0T-1D). Personally I advised the defensive combo for you're on a Bogue. Offensive combo could only work if the other CV willing to co-op with you.

I only so far advancing to the Bogue in other server (not on this one tho, I prefer CA in Asian environment) and this is my humble recommendation :) good luck on taking the skies, man!

Please considerate improving your English. Please don't use Google translate.

Isn't that you have to use the word "consider" :D man I laughed hard on this comment :D

Edited by jchen8792

3 posts
2,427 battles

because of the "balancing layout" on CV. The default air group is only 1F-1T-0D. With the modular upgrade you'll have the offensive combo (0F-1T-2D) or the defensive combo (2F-0T-1D). Personally I advised the defensive combo for you're on a Bogue. Offensive combo could only work if the other CV willing to co-op with you.

I only so far advancing to the Bogue in other server (not on this one tho, I prefer CA in Asian environment) and this is my humble recommendation :) good luck on taking the skies, man!

Isn't that you have to use the word "consider" :D man I laughed hard on this comment :D

I'm playing defensive right now. And it feels horrible :v

The Yapanese CV seem so strong with 1F-2T-1D. It's easier to kill cruiser and destroyer when u have 2T right? :S

Uhm...... guess I have to accept it :(

Good luck to u dude :)

423 posts
3,175 battles

I'm playing defensive right now. And it feels horrible :v

The Yapanese CV seem so strong with 1F-2T-1D. It's easier to kill cruiser and destroyer when u have 2T right? :S

Uhm...... guess I have to accept it :(

Good luck to u dude :)

Hmmm, USN CV isn't a good one using with 0F-2T-1D, reason is quite simple: they are sluggish and once spotted, when the wave of attacking airplane comin' in, then the 2T and 1D can do nothing to stop it, especially you encounter the Japs CV combo 1F-2T-1D; their 1F will lock at least one of your squad down while their T and D keeps pouring on you...

The reason you may felt bad is because the Bogue has only 3 squads - no 1F-1T-1D balance one. I felt ya feeling but so far there's no reward for shooting down planes yet, at least, handsomely rewarded.

But be no worry, a good D attack on a ship could leave him pretty much crippled with fire and at least 5k damage. Very useful when you're protecting the fleet against DDs, CAs and BBs also a potential target. The reason I suggested the defensive loadout is the US fighter has more planes than IJN counterpart, which means with this loadout you can strike down any attacking airplanes, provides that your friendlies are doing well.

Right now in Asian server I'm getting very close to Bogue now (2k XP remaining), so if okay, I'd be very glad to team up with you, which is in that case, one of us would either going offensive while other doing defensive. SUPER EFFECTIVE!

See ya!

P/S: Sorry for bad information but we could NO LONGER division with 2 CV anymore. Very sorry about that...

Edited by jchen8792

Sign in to follow this