Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Attila_Hun

Chat Server Unavailable

5 comments in this topic

Super Tester
304 posts
2,010 battles

Issue:   Chat Server Unavailable

Screenshots: Attached
Ship: Any
Map: Any
OccurrencesJust happened now
Tested: Restarted several times and error persisted
Severity: Lost contact with team mates
Details:  As it indicated, I couldn't either contact any team mates nor they could do the same!!!!! Except that I still could search them via "Create Division" one by one.

4,163 posts
1,874 battles

Chat server disconnects sometimes if you alt-tab out of World of Warships. Also, antivirus/firewalls are known to block the chat server (it runs separate from World of Warships, so its possible for you to be connected to the game, but not connected to the chat server).

Antivirus fix here, perhaps this might help.

Super Tester
304 posts
2,010 battles

Thank you so much, Syanda, for your help, it's been fixed now!!!! The KAV blocked the port as expected!!!! Thank you once again....!!!!:D

Super Tester
1,177 posts
4,099 battles

I really reckon Wargaming should either:

1. Change the port that they use, so that it isn't the same as Jabber/Google Talk
  2. Replace the meaningless "Chat server is unavailable" message (which does nothing) with a more useful message, like "Could not connect to chat server. Consider checking if TCP port 5222 is blocked"

It's completely understandable why many players are confused by the message. Based on the way it's worded, it seems like the chat server is temporarily "down", and will be back up again soon (which isn't the case). That's exactly what I assumed too, the first time I saw the message.

Sign in to follow this