Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
MEOW_MEE

Mogami is too crispy in 0.4.1?

21 comments in this topic

32 posts
8,208 battles

Wonder besides from turrets adjustment as stated in announcement,

Cruiser Mogami, the terror of Tier VIII, will have to be more careful now, as the reserve durability of her primary armament turrets was decreased

I feel that other parts of the vessel's armor is also significantly decreased, especially the stern part, is it really true? 1 hit from Kongo can cause more than 10k damage...

Beta Tester
1,825 posts
5,163 battles
"Durability of her primary armament turrets was decreased" means she is now can be citadel-ed easier. That beast is somewhat OP tho. Now, It's better to use the 203mm guns.

Beta Tester
2,040 posts
1,326 battles

Wonder besides from turrets adjustment as stated in announcement,

Cruiser Mogami, the terror of Tier VIII, will have to be more careful now, as the reserve durability of her primary armament turrets was decreased

I feel that other parts of the vessel's armor is also significantly decreased, especially the stern part, is it really true? 1 hit from Kongo can cause more than 10k damage...

No other parts of Mogami had its durability nerfed, only the 155mm gun turrets.

Kongo's 356mm guns have always been able to deal 10k damage to Mogami if it pens your citadel. You might have had bad luck there if it pens from your stern.

Mind explaining more why should use 203 guns now?

Simply because the 155mm guns got nerfed. If you can deal with the reduced turret durability, then feel free to continue using those 155mm guns but I don't think people like you slinging tons of HE at them.

Super Tester
1,634 posts
4,639 battles

155 mm, not doing damage? Uh...

Only the main turret HP pools were nerfed. This means that it's "somewhat" easier to temporarily disable them or outright knock them out, but you can go around it with the main battery equipment modification. The location, or size, of the citadels, were not changed.

Beta Tester
2,040 posts
1,326 battles

155mm HE does nothing in the way of damage now as well (but for soft targets), and they cut the likely hood of fire....or so it feels

The last time I checked it on #3 test server it still works wonder, even against Yamato Montana and the likes.

Beta Tester
506 posts
1,386 battles

Second question: does changing to 203 guns improved the durability of the main turret?

The 203 mm gun turrets are more durable. I rarely ever seen them getting knocked out of action.

Thanks for the replies guys.. Is Ibuki worth the upgrade from Mogami then?

Ibuki is an upgraded Myoko with repair consumables IMO.

Beta Tester
2,718 posts
1,988 battles

Duh, Mogamis with 155 still Wreck everything it sees with appropriate Commander skills and equipment.

(Obviously the Germans represent the Mogami while the soldier rushing it is people trying to kill it)

Given you know how to angle your ship and minimize incoming damage, of course.

Beta Tester
2,718 posts
1,988 battles

Yesterday my Cleveland got 1 hit by a single 356mm AP shell from a Myogi, YES, 1 shell hit and my full 35200hp gone. Never happened before.

Ammo Racked.

Muhahaha you deserve it for playing Cheatland.

4,163 posts
1,874 battles

Yesterday my Cleveland got 1 hit by a single 356mm AP shell from a Myogi, YES, 1 shell hit and my full 35200hp gone. Never happened before.

You got detonated.

Beta Tester
506 posts
1,386 battles

Why are you playing PVE all the time? Cleveland is well known to be weak against good battleship players, but so do any other cruisers. You aren't supposed to go mano a mano against BB.

Beta Tester
2,040 posts
1,326 battles

Thanks for the replies guys.. Is Ibuki worth the upgrade from Mogami then?

The Ibuki is practically the Mogami with 203mm gun and Repair party consumable.

I'd say only go for that ship if you plan to get the Zao, otherwise no because the higher repair cost but no significant performance increase (actually, it decreases in some aspects) is not worth it.

The Zao though, is quite a beastly Cruiser. While it does not have the raw firepower of Des Moines, the guns hit as hard as Battleship's, and they are VERY accurate.

Beta Tester
6 posts
5,277 battles

Why are you playing PVE all the time? Cleveland is well known to be weak against good battleship players, but so do any other cruisers. You aren't supposed to go mano a mano against BB.

This is a causal game for me I only play each of my ships in PVE once per day to get the bonus exp, just like a daily task. It's more like a battleship simulator for me.

I know Cleveland is weak against BB but if you let Myogi chasing you then it's an easy cake.

Beta Tester
6 posts
5,277 battles

Ammo Racked.

Muhahaha you deserve it for playing Cheatland.

I know people hate Cleveland but I need to play it to advance to next tier anyway. Also this remains me when I was playing Fuso in CBT I got 1 hit by an air dropped torpedo.

32 posts
8,208 battles

The Ibuki is practically the Mogami with 203mm gun and Repair party consumable.

I'd say only go for that ship if you plan to get the Zao, otherwise no because the higher repair cost but no significant performance increase (actually, it decreases in some aspects) is not worth it.

The Zao though, is quite a beastly Cruiser. While it does not have the raw firepower of Des Moines, the guns hit as hard as Battleship's, and they are VERY accurate.

Indeed... the last hurdle to get this beast!! I will try getting more lower tier vessels to feed the expensive Ibuki and Zao

1,054 posts
3,918 battles

Not seeing any difference go Mogamis 155mm machine gun damage wise, though the turret seem to get damage easier now. However I have yet go experience permanent destruction on turret for now. Still the terror of tier 8.

Sign in to follow this